COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Last Saturday, wearing a mask became compulsory in Belgian shops, churches etc. It was already compulsory at a barber.

The map of Europe is now given orange and red zones by our government. If you go on vacation to a red zone, you must go into quarantine for 2 weeks. If you go to an orange zone, quarantine is advised but not compulsory. The map will be updated every day at 4PM.

The borders between many Schengen countries have been reopened in June/July. It was so odd not being allowed to go to the Netherlands.

TsWade2

Sean Penn called. He asked you to dial it back.

Seriously. This ridiculous doom and gloom isn't just counterproductive. It's starting to get super aggravating.
Well, I’m sorry. But, people doesn’t get it that we’re in a health crisis. The news are being a pain in the patootie and it’s very hard for me right now. I’m praying for a miracle like get the vaccines ready September or the earliest.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Well, I’m sorry. But, people doesn’t get it that we’re in a health crisis. The news are being a pain in the patootie and it’s very hard for me right now. I’m praying for a miracle like get the vaccines ready September or the earliest.
Look, times are indeed hard right now but all we can do at this point is of course stay positive and hope for the best! My advise to you is to not pay attention to the news every second as it can cause you to get more stress out and angry. Just try to relax and enjoy this time on earth as who knows how long we have on this planet. (Apologizes if that sounded to preachy)

TsWade2

Look, times are indeed hard right now but all we can do at this point is of course stay positive and hope for the best! My advise to you is to not pay attention to the news every second as it can cause you to get more stress out and angry. Just try to relax and enjoy this time on earth as who knows how long we have on this planet. (Apologizes if that sounded to preachy)
No, it’s fine. Thanks.

Asa

LA schools are still doing online learning this fall.

My college, GCC, is doing the same thing. They started doing classes remotely 4 weeks after the in-person spring semester started.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Here's some really good news from Moderna on its vaccine! The Phase 3 test (the final test) begins July 27th!:

Asa

Just to let everyone know, pandemics like this will NOT last forever. Past epidemics like the influenza pandemic only lasted for two years (early 1918 to April 1920), the Hong Kong flu lasted about a year, SARS's was 2002-2003 ('04 in China), the swine flu pandemic lasted between '09 and '10, and the Zika virus epidemics lasted from '15 to '16.

I have a serious doubt this one will last all decade because I'm sure next year, a lot of people will already be vaccinated.

TsWade2

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Just to let everyone know, pandemics like this will NOT last forever. Past epidemics like the influenza pandemic only lasted for two years (early 1918 to April 1920), the Hong Kong flu lasted about a year, SARS's was 2002-2003 ('04 in China), the swine flu pandemic lasted between '09 and '10, and the Zika virus epidemics lasted from '15 to '16.

I have a serious doubt this one will last all decade because I'm sure next year, a lot of people will already be vaccinated.
I hope that this pandemic will help the world (well mostly the US) become more prepared for another pandemic because this won’t be the last one and it’s obviously better to be safe than sorry. But I’m hoping by next year we get a successful vaccine.

TsWade2

I hope vaccines comes in September and hopefully it’ll be back to normal before the new year. And IMO, 2020 is the worst year ever and that year is a curse. And as soon as it gets better and as we reach for the new year, I’m going to make sure that 2020 will be forgotten. For me, anyway. Anyway, I hope the vaccines comes in September.

Asa

I hope vaccines comes in September and hopefully it’ll be back to normal before the new year. And IMO, 2020 is the worst year ever and that year is a curse. And as soon as it gets better and as we reach for the new year, I’m going to make sure that 2020 will be forgotten. For me, anyway. Anyway, I hope the vaccines comes in September.
Vaccines could still likely arrive later this year, despite most events still getting cancelled such as the 2021 Rose Parade.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It won't be September. We're probably looking at a year away at least. We need testing for safety.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Here’s more good news, this time it’s about Oxford University's vaccine, which will be made in conjunction with AstraZeneca. Phase 3 trials are currently underway in select countries like the hard-hit Brazil. More data coming this Monday.

TsWade2

Here’s more good news, this time it’s about Oxford University's vaccine, which will be made in conjunction with AstraZeneca. Phase 3 trials are currently underway in select countries like the hard-hit Brazil. More data coming this Monday.
Thanks for the good news. That’s what we need right now, but I don’t know if it’ll come this September. But, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts