COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
According to Our World in Data, more than 400 million doses have been administered worldwide. This is far larger than the number of people that have been infected, but keep in mind that many people took two doses. About a quarter of the vaccines were administered in the USA.

Israel, a country of 9 million, has like two thirds of its population inoculated and is still leading the vaccination tally per capita.

Bhutan already vaccinated 93% of its adult population within sixteen days. The country has a population lower than a million.

Last edited:

Asa

harry580

oh no, the dark age of cinemas like the dark age of anime dubbing in the usa from 2007-2011 has began

but hey at least knotts berry farm is reopening

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I hope cinepolis usa buys pacific and arclight locations since they need to be more cinepolis locations in the usa
I do also hope Regal will acquire all of the ArcLight locations, especially since I want to go to Regal more often and start using a Regal Unlimited pass. (I'm stuck with AMC and Cinemark currently.)

Reactions: Asa

harry580

I do also hope Regal will acquire all of the ArcLight locations, especially since I want to go to Regal more often and start using a Regal Unlimited pass. (I'm stuck with AMC and Cinemark currently.)
that would be possible, I mean regal could do something to complete with amc (because they bought out general cinemas, Loews cineplex and carmike) and buying arclight could be the perfect target for regal

Reactions: Asa

Dr.Pepper

I wanted the Johnson & Johnson one, but now I’m kind of leery on it. I probably won’t get vaccinated until this summer.

Wounded_Dragon

I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. Only side-effect so far is a bit of soreness around the shot site which might be more from the needle than anything else. Never had a shot bruise me before but I've lost a lot of weight in the past year so a lot less padding in the arm than I used to have.

I missed other people more than I realized. While I was waiting 15 minutes afterwards (side-effects watch period) I ended up helping a customer find a sleep aid she was looking for. Then again, it helped that she was a nice old lady.

My local AMC is still only open on the weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun). A bit of a bummer for me since I work the weekends. Most of the government restrictions have been lifted. I have a feeling it has more to do with not enough customers to pay for enough staff for the rest of the week. They were short staffed before Covid-19 hit, with there being only two people to work the place in the daytime middle of the week. The one other local independent theater is open all week but it only has one movie at a time currently in the evenings with at most two showtimes, often just one.

AdrenalineRush1996

Look, just because I can't stand wearing a mask, doesn't mean I'm going to stop wearing it. I'll continue wearing a mask while at work or where I'm at somewhere else until it's back to normal, whether I like it or not. And once again, it's my opinion. I know it's important to stay safe, but I just can't stand it.
Yes but wearing a mask protects lives.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Oh speaking of, I forgot I wasn't wearing a mask which I had in my pocket while riding the bus. There were no dirty looks and no one instructed me to wear one. Hope I don't get fined the next time that happens.

Asa

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

TsWade2

I'm pretty sure by 2022, many cafés, restaurants, pubs, shops, schools, etc. will be okay with people no longer wearing face masks outdoors/indoors since we might all reach herd immunity by then.
I hope so.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

YOU GUYS!! I was on a Twitch stream with Jordan Todosey (the voice of Willa on Willa's Wild Life) and sent that "Sound Good To You?" video through her Discord server AND YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED OMG-- And she even tried to do Willa's voice too in the process!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED Y'ALL OMG-
The clip:
I found this tweet from Tom Warburton from April. Why I only discovered it now is a mystery. In any case, the show didn't win the Annie Awards for preschool programming, but here's the acceptance speech for what would have happened if the show did win.

Say NO to Hungary's anti-LGBT law!
My name is Luca, I live on the ocean floor....
The Hungarian anti-LGBT law has sadly passed by the government! And Portugal beaten us 0-3.
Today's addition in Palk Áron 2002's Arts is about Bloo having both feelings.

Featured Posts