COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic

Dr.Pepper

If you can, please elaborate. Never heard of VS with masks? Well erm, nothing too normal.

I did hear on the radio news, some people are for the masks. Even after the lifting will continue to wear. Especially cosplayers and people who work with public.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
I’m not sure what you are asking, but VS started selling masks here.

the greenman

In US:

the greenman

Well, I didn't get a chance to finish my thoughts on the issue; been busy & loopy all day. Just posted those pics. An article I read and a news clip was expounding upon the seriousness of the variants (including the Brazil one) and the importance of vaccinations. However, the vaccine only helps a little.

F150Dog

I got COVID vaccine today and it went well without side effects. This vaccine is made by Pfizer and second dose will be on April 20.

If you are interested - just discuss with your doctor. Best luck to y'all.

Don't lose your vaccine card and it is best to get laminated after 2nd dose.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
In Brussels, there is currently a fake festival going on. It was meant as an obvious April Fools joke announced on Facebook, but thousands of people decided to come anyway. The police is trying to make them leave with dogs, horses, pepperspray and a water canon.

1617299046854.png

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Don't wanna be Debbie Downer, just posting latest report from this weekend:

That's why America is allowing people 16 and over to be vaccinated. All states will now have allowed this after May 1st.

Proof:

Asa

California is aiming to reopen it's economy by June 15 (though mask mandates are still in place, maybe until 2022 since I'm sure enough Americans will be vaccinated into the new year)

harry580

maybe until 2022 since I'm sure enough Americans will be vaccinated into the new year
I hope next year, I mean, look at the Ebola virus from 2013, it lasted in Africa from 2013-2016, maybe the same can be said for coronavirus in America and maybe worldwide

TsWade2

California is aiming to reopen it's economy by June 15 (though mask mandates are still in place, maybe until 2022 since I'm sure enough Americans will be vaccinated into the new year)

Reopening the economy: YAY!
Mask mandates still remains: BOO! But, it's my opinion.

the greenman

I know that, but I'm getting sick and tired of wearing it. Again, it's my opinion.
They're to be used for protection. We have no idea when the variants will go away. The moment we stop using them, if the governments haven't truly called the end of virus; we can cause more problems.

EDIT: East coast US rising cases:
Nearly half of new coronavirus infections nationwide are in just five states — a situation that is putting pressure on the federal government to consider changing how it distributes vaccines by sending more doses to hot spots.

New York, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey together reported 44% of the nation's new COVID-19 infections, or nearly 197,500 new cases, in the latest available seven-day period, according to state health agency data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Total U.S. infections during the same week numbered more than 452,000.

The heavy concentration of new cases in states that account for 22% of the U.S. population has prompted some experts and elected officials to call for President Joe Biden’s administration to ship additional vaccine doses to those places. So far, the White House has shown no signs of shifting from its policy of dividing vaccine doses among states based on population.

Sending extra doses to places where infection numbers are climbing makes sense, said Dr. Elvin H. Geng, a professor in infectious diseases at Washington University. But it’s also complicated. States that are more successfully controlling the virus might see less vaccine as a result.

“You wouldn’t want to make those folks wait because they were doing better,” Geng said. “On the other hand, it only makes sense to send vaccines to where the cases are rising.”

The spike in cases has been especially pronounced in Michigan, where the seven-day average of daily new infections reached 6,719 cases Sunday — more than double what it was two weeks earlier. Only New York reported higher case numbers. And California and Texas, which have vastly larger populations than Michigan, are reporting less than half its number of daily infections.

Last edited:

TsWade2

Look, just because I can't stand wearing a mask, doesn't mean I'm going to stop wearing it. I'll continue wearing a mask while at work or where I'm at somewhere else until it's back to normal, whether I like it or not. And once again, it's my opinion. I know it's important to stay safe, but I just can't stand it.

harry580

They're to be used for protection. We have no idea when the variants will go away. The moment we stop using them, if the governments haven't truly called the end of virus; we can cause more problems.

EDIT: East coast US rising cases:

I mad at the 5 states for letting that happen