COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic

Wounded_Dragon

I finally became eligible and registered for a shot, the first of which will be three weeks from now, only to discover next week they'll open up eligibility to all ages the vaccines are tested for (16 and up). Got to love how I was considered an essential worker (basically making it impossible to get unemployment benefits) but received no consideration when it came time to get vaccinated(I barely scraped into an age-risk category). Heck, even the first briefing papers for Indiana said there would be a phase in-between those most at-risk and open for all that would be for essential workers.

the greenman

I finally became eligible and registered for a shot, the first of which will be three weeks from now, only to discover next week they'll open up eligibility to all ages the vaccines are tested for (16 and up). Got to love how I was considered an essential worker (basically making it impossible to get unemployment benefits) but received no consideration when it came time to get vaccinated(I barely scraped into an age-risk category). Heck, even the first briefing papers for Indiana said there would be a phase in-between those most at-risk and open for all that would be for essential workers.
Never heard of no unemployment for essential workers. That does suck.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Wounded_Dragon

Never heard of no unemployment for essential workers. That does suck.

I probably should have clarified it as "essential" workers rather than essential workers. Healthcare and police obviously are essential and got put at the head of the line. It's just frustrating that grocery/retail workers, who bore the brunt of a lot of idiot super spreaders, who couldn't apply for unemployment because their jobs were still there, got zero recognition.

Even worse, the state-wide mask mandate for Indiana ends in early April, over a week before I get my first shot, let alone my second.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
25.10% of Americans has now been vaccinated at least once. Only a few countries are doing better: Israel, UAE, the UK, Chili and Bahrain.

Everyone is saying Russia is doing so well, but why? 4.32% of the Russian population has been vaccinated.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The Brits should be ashamed of themselves. EU countries send vaccines to the UK as promised, but in return the British company AstraZeneca withholds most of its vaccines as long as not every Brit is vaccinated. The EU ordered 90 million vaccines, so far we received 16 million. Now it turns out they have 29 million in stock that they refuse to give us.

You could argue that the USA is doing the same (they have thousands of spare vaccines in freezers), but they are not breaking any contractual agreement.

I am supposed to get my first dose in late June or early July, but at this rate I feel like I will never get it.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
25.10% of Americans has now been vaccinated at least once. Only a few countries are doing better: Israel, UAE, the UK, Chili and Bahrain.

Everyone is saying Russia is doing so well, but why? 4.32% of the Russian population has been vaccinated.
It's a matter of populational size and infrastructure. I assume that initially the larger cities got that first. If I'm not mistaken the greater Moscow area has a population slightly higher than Portugal and holds one tenth of the Russian population as a whole. As far as I know much of Russia's investments lie in the European side. There's more people living in it than in the Asian side.

the greenman

So Arizona goes maskless:
Utah as well:

RainbowCupcake

Finish your dessert and like it!!!
Utah as well:

Unbelievable.

CartoonLover2604

"Revenge is a dish best served immediately!" -Dan
Utah as well:

Along with Texas, this stupid decision will backfire badly. Not everyone is vaccinated and without everyone wearing their masks, this will only drag the pandemic further...

the greenman

Am I the only one who kind of likes wearing a mask? I got some from Victoria’s Secret recently and they are nice and cozy. I might have to get some more.
If you can, please elaborate. Never heard of VS with masks? Well erm, nothing too normal.

I did hear on the radio news, some people are for the masks. Even after the lifting will continue to wear. Especially cosplayers and people who work with public.

AdrenalineRush1996

Utah as well:

All I can say about this sums it up with a facepalm.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Along with Texas, this stupid decision will backfire badly. Not everyone is vaccinated and without everyone wearing their masks, this will only drag the pandemic further...
Using two sources here:
^ This one breaks down the situation.

^ This one provides the full picture from when Texas was infected to yesterday's numbers,
updated as of earlier today in the afternoon.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

YOU GUYS!! I was on a Twitch stream with Jordan Todosey (the voice of Willa on Willa's Wild Life) and sent that "Sound Good To You?" video through her Discord server AND YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED OMG-- And she even tried to do Willa's voice too in the process!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED Y'ALL OMG-
The clip:
I found this tweet from Tom Warburton from April. Why I only discovered it now is a mystery. In any case, the show didn't win the Annie Awards for preschool programming, but here's the acceptance speech for what would have happened if the show did win.

Say NO to Hungary's anti-LGBT law!
My name is Luca, I live on the ocean floor....
The Hungarian anti-LGBT law has sadly passed by the government! And Portugal beaten us 0-3.
Today's addition in Palk Áron 2002's Arts is about Bloo having both feelings.

Featured Posts