COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
The Supreme Court has ruled against the New York Governor on imposing a cap on the number of people that can attend religious services during the pandemic:

From Neil Gorsuch's declaration with the majority ruling:

"At the same time, the Governor has chosen to impose no capacity restrictions on certain businesses he considers “essential.” And it turns out the businesses the Governor considers essential include hardware stores, acupuncturists, and liquor stores. Bicycle repair shops, certain signage companies, accountants, lawyers, and insurance agents are all essential too. So, at least according to the Governor, it may be unsafe to go to church, but it is always fine to pick up another bottle of wine, shop for a new bike, or spend the afternoon exploring your distal points and meridians. Who knew public health would so perfectly align with secular convenience?"

Reactions: RDG

TsWade2

Well, now that the vaccines are coming soon, I thought I can predict when will everything will be back to normal. So, my prediction on when we get back to normal is maybe in either late spring or early summer. It's a no guaranteed it'll happen, but we'll see. In the meantime, stay safe, and happy thanksgiving.

TsWade2

Considering that we have two viable candidates, Moderna and Pfizer, what's the possibility we could have more vaccine candidates that will be ready for use over the next three months?
I'm not sure. It's just a guess. I just want everything to be back to normal, even though we maybe have an economic problem for awhile. I'm just trying to be optimistic. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Spideyzilla

Wakanda Forever
Staff member
The UK looks like it will be the first country to approve a vaccine, this being the Pfizer vaccine. They may begin administering the first round of shots in as little as nine days from today.

This doesn’t mean that there will be enough for anyone in the UK to go get a vaccine immediately and this doesn’t at all affect anyone anywhere else.... but this is still very good news. We still have a long way to go and we need to be as careful as ever, but it’s looking like this could be the beginning of the end.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

Low Spark of Lyman

Throw me a role, Jon.
I don't plan on watching/contributing to this thread so much now.

That being said, I do have one relevant thing to share: recently, my mother and were riding in our van around towns (some of which we've rarely, if ever, been to). At one point, we passed by a church with a sign that said "Thou shalt wear a mask" (or something like that). I thought that was good to see, especially given the controversy about churches during the pandemic.

Asa

Hong Kong Disneyland is closing for the third time in a row.

The doses of vaccines were shipped on US Airline flights.

TsWade2

Hong Kong Disneyland is closing for the third time in a row.

The doses of vaccines were shipped on US Airline flights.
For Hong Kong DIsneyland, Doh!

But, for the vaccines being shipped on US Airlines flights, yay!:D

Asa

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Just tossing this out again, but it's my understanding that all of these vaccines are two-part doses, spread a month apart. So no one's fully immunized until mid-January at the earliest (well, except for however many people participated in the clinical trials, I guess they are already immunized).....

Asa

With all of this happening, this could mean once the entire globe has been vaccinated and the virus gets under control next year (or two), the COVID-19 guidelines could finally expire for real and we all can live in peace and harmony and we can do all the stuff we didn't do this year :D.

TsWade2

While I'm excited the vaccines are coming this month, but I have one tiny itty bitty teeny tiny concern. I kind've concern and wonder what will happen if the FDA refused to approve the vaccine? I hope they approve it. No doom and gloom required, just concern. That's all.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't want a Playstation 5 for all of the new "next gen" games coming, I just want a PS5 so I can just play my PS4 games without my PS4 console sounding like a rocket engine blasting off. (...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)
Who remembers playing the iCarly game Pack-Rat (Pac-Man clone)on the Nick website? Those were great memories
Was "Mega Man: Fully Charged" ever dubbed in foreign languages?

That thread reached 1000 posts, someone or any admin please lock that thread.
Am I hearing this right? Nick USA not airing SpongeBob SquarePants for a day? Am I dreaming?

Featured Posts