Could you see a Suicide Squad series working

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Its kinda perfect for an adult action animated series, roster changes between seasons, has an anyone can die element to it, fanservice equally distributed between the female/male characters and it already has 2 well received movies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Maybe they'll make an animated mini-series for the CW Seed someday, since the team was established in the "Arrowverse".

Frontier

Staff member
It would definitely have to be on an online service where they could get away with the kind of gritty, mature, content that a Suicide Squad series would need to have :ack:.

Actually, I think the whole concept of the Suicide Squad works better in a serialized series format then it does in a single movie, so I think the Squad would lend themselves well to a series ;).

I would also hope that any animated series would lean more towards John Ostrander's take on the franchise instead of the more modern depiction of the Squad...

Dreyfus

I think it would make a good live action series concept too.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I've had it on my wish list ever since JLU.

I love Hell to Pay and its tie in comic would love to see more down the line. But I could see a separate continuity animated TV show on the DC Universe Streaming Service. I don't see it happening on traditional TV.

Dudley

Staff member
I can see it working. Live action could work too, Though at least with animation they don’t have to deal with a make-up and visual effects budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts