Could "The Amazing World of Gumball" become CN's newest long running series

JTOONSAnimation

Gumball premiered all the way back in May 2011 and is still running. Although creator, Ben Bocquelet has left the series, there has been no official announcement if the show is ending, and Cartoon Network is treating the show so well. It seems like with its current strategy, if a show is nearing the end they'll stop reruns and promotions months (or year(s)) in advance (Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, Adventure Time, etc.)

The show is in its sixth season, which looks like will continue in 2019.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy is the longest running CN show in terms of years and Adventure Time is the longest running in terms of episodes. The question is will it beat Ed, Edd n' Eddy?

Edd, Edd n' Eddy ran from January 4, 1999 to November 8, 2009, ending at 10 years, 10 months, and four days, and 1 hour (yes, I calculated from the minute it premiered) in order for Gumball to break the record it would have to run until March 8, 2022. Yes it seems like a long time away, but it still seems possible, what to you think?

Other potential series could be Teen Titans Go! (yes I know its not an original series, but it's produced for Cartoon Network)

J10

I think it will be the longest series ever until Cartoon Network wins the first Guinness Record Prizes for breaking the record.

jaylop97

Staff member
I'm not too sure about Gumball becoming the next longest CN cartoon. Not much has been said about any other season and I don't expect the show to go on much longer.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Who knows, it could. It's definitely the second most popular cartoon airing on CN atm, and it's very well liked by many people. I wouldn't be surprised if CN continues making the show without the creator involved. I mean, they did it with PPG and Dexter before, so why can't they do it with Gumball?

Although the fact that we still didn't hear anything about a possible 7th season is concerning.

ShadowBeast

Considering that season 6 is half over and the show hasn't been renewed by now. I'd say the show is done with. I'm betting the final episode in season 6 will be involving that painting Mrs. Banana drew of the Watterson family in the void.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Assuming CN is still interested in renewing the show after Ben Bocquelet's departure, it's a possibility. Otherwise, no.

GiantWaffle

I don't think it has the potential to stay on the air for that long. It's not gotten the spotlight or merchandise sales that Adventure Time or Regular Show got.

Gumball is also one of the few CN originals at this date to have gone on for 5 years but not have a video game based on it (not counting the CN crossover game); can you spell "not that successful"? I honestly think it will be gone within the next year or two.

Not to mention that if not considering Adult Swim as a separate entity from CN, then Aqua Teen Hunger Force technically holds the status as their longest-running programming, running for 15 and a half years (though it's worth noting that The Venture Bros will probably surpass it in a few months). Plus, in terms of franchises, Ben 10 is technically their longest-running, having run ever since 2005.

Last edited:

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
A former Gumball crew member is making a new show for CN, and it seems that he's bringing a lot of his workmates with him. This adds even more weight to the possibility that Gumball may be ending soon.

CNReactionGuy18

Don't spoil it! Or I spoil my juice.
Not even that close to keep on airing.

Ben left the show. And a lotta producers and writers are leaving Gumball.

Season 6 is likely the series conclusion or not.

Also I actually feel like this show needs to end for now. It's been going on for a staright 7 years. (3 years to be 10) but I think we had enough Gumball.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts