Could MLP G5 be a Discovery+ original?

VG_Addict

In case you don't know, Discovery is launching a streaming service next month called Discovery+. I just found this out today, and it made me think: "Could G5 be a Discovery+ original?". I assume Discovery Family programming is coming to the service, and Hasbro will renew their contract with Discovery.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Doubt it. Admittedly, I've only read one article about Discovery+, but it didn't mention Discovery Family or kids shows at all. I don't think Discovery Family is really a priority. I'm pretty sure the only Discovery shows on the channel are reruns from other Discovery networks, and I'm pretty sure Hasbro has never done business with Discovery outside the channel (which by the way, Hasbro owns a minority stake in the channel, I don't think it's an annual contract).

Mostezli

Not 4 Everyone & That's OK
Hasbro should be waiting to see how viable Discovery+ is before they throw their Entertainment One
fish into that net.

JMTV Studios

Absolutely not! Hub is dead, Discovery took over, and I don't think Hasbro want to release MLP G5 or any of their shows on Discovery Plus anytime soon.

What Hasbro needs to do is to just pack up and move on from Discovery by either sign a multi-year deal with other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, or HBO Max to release their content. That, or create a streaming service on their own(and possibly bring back the Hub title).

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm still trying to add pages from Yahoo Answers to the Wayback Machine; if you know of any interesting pages add them & send me a link.
I still hate the fact on the forums when you make a comment on a post and even you click "watch" you sometimes get no notification about it when someone makes a comment.
Someone made an interesting comparison between Sponge Out Of Water and Avengers Endgame.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.

Featured Posts