Could Mickey Mouse Comics Be Adapted Into Animation To Help The Character Out?

SweetShop209

The Disney Comics, most notably those from Carl Barks and Don Rosa, are widely praised for greatly expanding on the personalities of classic Disney characters, particularly those like Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, and so forth, showing that they're more than just mascots . This also includes Mickey Mouse.

Since the late 1930s, Mickey was greatly changed from a mischievous, scrappy character into a more idealistic, nice guy, with some people thinking he's too boring. The comics have given more of a defined personality, and Mickey Mouse 2013 is generally agreed to be a step in the right direction.

The question I have is this:

Could the Mickey Mouse comics be adapted into animation in order to show more depth to him, and get across this image to the general public? Both of the Ducktales cartoons are praised for showing more depth to the characters, with those images being ingrained into the public. Can this also apply to Mickey Mouse should his comics be adapted into a full fledged series?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I had been clamoring for a Mouseton DuckTales spin-off. Since my feelings on the DuckTales reboot have considerably cooled after last season finale's, it's less essential to my Disney Comics wants than it used to be, but it would still be interesting.

Dudley

Staff member
The Paul Rudish shorts are doing a great job on its own, but Mickey's comic adventures should definitely be adapted.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
A DuckTales without the ducks would be nice. Perhaps they could add Goofy and Chip n Dale.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

happy thanksgiving and stay safe
Happy Spanksgiving! I love giving Spanks! I've got a hankering for some spankering!
Asa
Have a safe Thanksgiving everyone.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and stay safe.