Could Disney ever produce a Mickey Mouse action-adventure series?

Asa

The reasons is because they haven't been any action cartoons where Mickey is the focus (no, I'm not including the Mouseworks shorts from 1999, the House of Mouse cartoon and the Paul Radish shorts since they don't count as one). A Mickey Mouse proper-action adventure show wouldn't sound so bad.

But if they did, they might be some who lose it, a la Loonatics Unleashed.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
A mouse version of DuckTales would be nice. I know that wasn't a possibility in the 80s and 90s, but it should be now. We have had several preschool versions of Mickey already, so an adventurous version should be no problem anymore.

I would keep out all the ducks. There are still enough other characters. Let's see who they can add:
-Mickey
-Minnie
-Pluto
-Goofy and Max
-Clarabelle Cow
-Mickey's and Minnie's scooters

Villains:
-Mortimer
-Pete
-random villains from Goof Troop, Rescue Rangers and TaleSpin
-new ones, of course (mostly mice, I'd say)

Recurring characters:
-Horace Horsecollar (Clarabelle's boyfriend)
-Peg and Pistol (Pete's family from Goof Troop)
-Chief O'Hara
-Clara Cluck
-Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
-Felicity Fieldmouse (Mickey's older sister)
-Chip and Dale
-Dottie, Monty and Zipper (Rescue Rangers)
-Baloo the Bear (perhaps)
-Mickey's and Minnie's obscure nieces, nephews, cousins, uncles and ancestors

They already have all of these personalities. Writing adventures about them shouldn't be so hard...

If you keep out all humans and ducks, it should be possible to make it feel like all characters belong together in one big world. (That's why I would keep Chip and Dale as recurring characters, they're so small, focussing on them would make it feel inconsistent)

It should also be distinct enough from DuckTales 2017, but that shouldn't be hard either since all of the main characters are single in that series. That automatically changes the dynamics.

EDIT: I'm already imagining the mid-life crisis episode in which Mickey tries to be "cool", "tough" and "badass" until Minnie tells him at the end that he can just be himself :D

Last edited:

Corwin Haught

Could they? Yes, there would be no impediments for them to do so. Would they? No, their vision of the Mouse is so constricted that they wouldn't risk it.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Base it on the comic strips and books and set it in the DuckTales Universe.

No Max. Goofy works better as a sidekick for Mickey in adventures when he's unattached. Also Pete wouldn't work as a villain because of PJ confusion. PJ cannot be a thing either. Occasional appearances by Gilbert would be acceptable.

Potential Cast:

Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Horace Horsecollar, Morty and Ferdie, Clarabelle Cow, Doc Static, Eega Beeva and Pflip, Professor Einmug, Chief O'Hara, Detective Casey, Captain Doberman, Gloomy, Mortimer, Professor Dustibones.

Potential Villains:

Peg-Leg Pete, the Phantom Blot, the Rhyming Man, Ecks and Doublex, Eli Squinch, Sylvester Shyster, Emil Eagle, and maybe some of the villains from the 90's comics like Prince Penguin, Ms. Vixen, Wily Wildebeest and the Phantom Brat.

Edit:

Villains:
-Mortimer
Mortimer isn't actually a villain. He's Mickey's rival. His relationship to Mickey is the same as Donald's relationship to Gladstone Gander.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Also Pete wouldn't work as a villain because of PJ confusion. PJ cannot be a thing either.
I'm afraid I don't get what you mean. Who is PJ?
Mortimer isn't actually a villain. He's Mickey's rival. His relationship to Mickey is the same as Donald's relationship to Gladstone Gander.
Okay, I get what you mean, but Mortimer clearly tries to get rid of Mickey and Gladstone Gander would never do that. Sure, Mortimer's no Magica de Spell, but the things he did in Mickey Mouse Works sure make him a mild villain / antagonist like "Mark Beaks".

I thought Detective Casey only appeared in the Danish comics. Guess I was wrong. I do think he is more known in Europe than in the USA... (he appears here every week or so)

AdrenalineRush1996

I hope so. After all, his half brother Oswald is getting a TV show on Disney+, not to mention that Goofy will be appearing in the upcoming third season of DuckTales.
I'm afraid I don't get what you mean. Who is PJ?
Pete's son Pete Junior, who was nicknamed PJ in Goof Troop.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
not to mention that Goofy will be appearing in the upcoming third season of DuckTales
: O I had no idea! And Balloo, Daisy Duck and the Rescue Rangers, too! :D (Wow, Zipper is incredibly small. I can totally see jokes about them and Louie saying they're useless :D ) This is great news.
Pete's son Pete Junior, who was nicknamed PJ in Goof Troop.
Oh, of course. I thought there was some villain named PJ who looked like Pete.
But PJ doesn't need to know what Boris does for a living. And when he finds out, he doesn't need to approve...

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Okay, I get what you mean, but Mortimer clearly tries to get rid of Mickey and Gladstone Gander would never do that. Sure, Mortimer's no Magica de Spell, but the things he did in Mickey Mouse Works sure make him a mild villain / antagonist like "Mark Beaks".
I don't consider Mickey Mouseworks canon. If they had him trying to kill Mickey, they wrote Mortimer wrong. Period. Mortimer is a prankster, not a murderer.
I thought Detective Casey only appeared in the Danish comics. Guess I was wrong. I do think he is more known in Europe than in the USA... (he appears here every week or so)
He was created by Floyd Gottfredson and is often in American Disney comics. He isn't well-known by the public but he's been a staple of Disney Comics here for decades.
Oh, of course. I thought there was some villain named PJ who looked like Pete.
But PJ doesn't need to know what Boris does for a living. And when he finds out, he doesn't need to approve...
Do you know how complicated that would make everything? Easier just not to use the character. PJ sucks anyways.

Corwin Haught

Mickey-as-Magnum P.I. seems to work for the comics where the animation gags he's known for don't easily translate, but I don't think making that animated is necessary.

David Lee Cox

Maybe some Marvel Heroes can be in it and here are some ideas of characters.

Main Characters

Mickey Mouse

Minnie Mouse

Donald Duck

Daisy Duck

Goofy

Chip n Dale

Pluto

Figaro

Pluto's Quin-Puplets

Recurring characters

Scrooge McDuck

Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse

Millie and Melody Mouse

Max Goof

Gus Goose

Horace Horsecollar

Gyro Gearloose

Clarabelle Cow

Clara Cluck

Ludwig Von Drake

Villains

Pete

Mortimer Mouse

The Phantom Blot

The Beagle Boys

Butch The Bulldog

Marvel Heroes

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

The Hulk

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)

Spider-Man

Ghost-Spider

Deadpool

Black Panther

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
A Mickey Mouse cartoon with Deadpool in it? Did I read that right?
Ryan Reynolds is ready.

TsWade2

I think they can do that. If it does happen, it might come either on Disney Channel or Disney+. After all, Donald already has a couple of tv series right now like Ducktales 2017 and Legend of the Three Caballeros. Hopefully that show comes to Disney+ and have season 2 in the works.

Last edited:
How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

eeeh. I guess i'll skip this season for anime as far as new ones go.
Vuxovich wrote on 5YearsOnEastCoast's profile.
Just compare Xiaolin Chronicles' voice acting to the voice acting of this show. I can't believe someone in the 2010s was inspired by a 1990s obscurity. Apparently not a good sign. How about that?
If there was ever a character like this, I think she'd be a fan favorite.

The mystery of catnip solved!

That article fascinated me and I don't even own a cat!

Featured Posts