Could Animation Get More Respect By The General Public Due To The Pandemic?

Could Animation Get More Respect By The General Public Due To The Pandemic?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SweetShop209

So, the COVID19 pandemic has essentially thrown the world into chaos. It's no laughing matter. However, with a lot of bad situations, there's usually a silver lining. The silver lining here is that the animation industry can still go on with little problems. Whereas live action projects like the MCU and DCEU movies can't go ahead with shooting since it involves being in constant contact with others, animation can be done remotely. It's all that can be done safely at this point. It's no secret that animation tends to be looked down upon by the general public because "It's just for kids" or "It's not real art" or something like that. There was an interview 2 weeks ago where Phineas And Ferb co-creator Dan Povenmire said how he's glad to be working in animation, especially given how the pandemic, while it slowed things down a bit, hasn't stopped things from going forward. When the pandemic inevitably blows over (whenever that is), do you think animation can be given more respect?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I think it might become more prevalent to some extent because it's easier to accomplish production from home in comparison to full-on live-action productions.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?