"Convergence (2015 Comic Event)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Convergence - Rate and Discuss this Epic DC Event!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The event that will reshape the DC Universe is here! Who will survive the Convergence?

CONVERGENCE #0

Written by DAN JURGENS and JEFF KING
Art and cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER

Where do worlds go when they die?

The Earthquakes felt round the Multiverse, Superman's lost days after "Doomed," the World's End, all these points will converge as the history of the DCU is spun from a new perspective, the perspective of a mad god and his arrogant child. The biggest story in DC history ties into literally every DC story ever told ... and it all begins here.

Kingdom Come, Red Son, Wild West Justice League, Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew ... all the worlds you remember can still be found on Telos. Everything matters. Every story matters.

Don't miss the start of DC's April/May 2015 event with this special issue!

Discuss anything and everything Convergence right here!

Spider-Man

I enjoyed the issue though it wasn't anything really special. It was all set-up but I really loved the artwork and I like how everything was all laid out. Seeing all the different Brainiacs, even the one from the STAS cartoon, was a treat, and getting a look at all the different version of Superman and hints at these different worlds was a cool treat. This event has caught my attention and I really hope this plays out successfully. It's going to be pretty cool seeing everything play out over the next two months and if it looks as good as it does here then it has my attention.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The first official week of Convergence has arrived! What are you reading?

CONVERGENCE #1

Written by JEFF KING and SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ

This is it! The entire DC Universe, from the dawn of time through The New 52, must fight to survive against a threat that bends the Multiverse to its will. Your favorite characters from every era and every forgotten series are all here! But are you going to say hello again just to say goodbye forever? The stakes have never been higher as the heroes of Crisis, Zero Hour, Elseworlds, and more are brought together for Convergence!

In the first issue of this weekly series, Brainiac has collected cities of doomed and forgotten worlds, who must battle each other - and the losers will be destroyed! But why is he forcing this conflict? Join the refugees from Earth-2 as they unlock the truth behind this world that exists outside time and space and is very much alive! Is Brainiac really in control ... or is this planet named Telos an unparalleled force of evil?

This extra-sized issue is packed with twists and turns and appearances you never thought you'd see ... including the heroes from the hit series Injustice!

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: BATGIRL #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! After a year living under the confinement of the dome, Stephanie Brown isn't sure she wants to be Batgirl again. But when she's attacked by Catman and Gorilla Grodd from the world of Flashpoint, she's forced to put on the cape and cowl to fight alongside Red Robin and Cassandra Cain!

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN AND ROBIN #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Being trapped in a domed city makes for a tense, inescapable family reunion as Batman struggles to keep the friction between Damian Wayne and Jason Todd from exploding!

CONVERGENCE: HARLEY QUINN #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Life for Harley Quinn has become downright normal over the last year. Will she be ready to go nuts when Catwoman and Poison Ivy draft her to fight ... Captain Carrot?!

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! The Justice League story you never expected to see begins when Supergirl, Zatanna, Vixen and Jade attend Jesse Quick's baby shower, which quickly turns into a life-and-death struggle with Flashpoint Aquaman!

CONVERGENCE: NIGHTWING/ORACLE #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Just as they've finally been reunited, the romance between Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon is sentenced to execution by Flashpoint Hawkman and Hawkwoman!

CONVERGENCE: SPEED FORCE #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! The fastest family alive loses its powers as Wally West and his kids face an uncertain future while trapped away from home. Will they be able to outrun the chaos that follows the arrival of Flashpoint Wonder Woman? Plus, don't miss the most unexpected Zoo Crew character of all!

CONVERGENCE: SUPERMAN #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! A powerless Superman is called upon to protect Gotham City and his pregnant wife Lois Lane!

CONVERGENCE: THE ATOM #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! There's a mysterious voice in Ray Palmer's head! Does that mean The Atom is going mad? To find out what's really going on, he'll have to go down a road that will pit him against the ever deadly Deathstroke!

CONVERGENCE: THE QUESTION #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Two-Face is fighting another world's Harvey Dent, and it's up to Renee Montoya as The Question to help him beat the odds.

CONVERGENCE: TITANS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Starfire and Donna Troy track down Arsenal, who had retreated after the loss of his arm and the death of his daughter ... but what they find is more terrifying than they ever could have expected!

What Convergence titles did you pick up this week? What are your thoughts on them and the Convergence event?

Spider-Man

I'm just about to go pick up some books from the second week and realized I haven't commented on the first week. Really, the only books I went after were Batgirl, The Question and Nightwing/Oracle and Superman and all four were fantastic. Perhaps it's because we're revisiting the pre-52 universe and it's nice to see these characters again but each issue I really enjoyed. Granted everything happens is within the confines of the dome thing but I found picking up these books was like picking up where I left off and revisiting friends after awhile part. A few slight things were different but these were characters I knew. I'm really excited to get a few of the Zero Hour books from this week.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Week two of Convergence is here! What are you reading?

thumb_CONV_AQ_1.jpg
thumb_CONV_BM_SHAD_1.jpg
thumb_CONV_GA_1.jpg
thumb_CONV_SSQUAD_1.jpg
thumb_CONV_SB_1.jpg

CONVERGENCE #2

As Telos, the Planet Incarnate, easily defeats the survivors of Earth 2, Thomas Wayne and Dick Grayson set off to find help in the pre-Flashpoint Gotham City. The emotional implication of these worlds colliding comes crashing down when Thomas Wayne confronts this world's Batman, as father meets son!

Plus, Alan Scott's attempts to connect with The Green yield unexpected results, setting our team on a quest to escape the planet. And the cyborgs of Futures End engage in a battle to the death against the reimagined heroes of the Just Imagine Universe, while the city of Superman Red and Blue takes on the opposing forces from Generations!

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: AQUAMAN #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Aquaman has lost his home, his powers, and his hand ... but now he faces his most difficult challenge: a battle to the finish with Deathblow!

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Fresh out of recovery from a broken back, Bruce Wayne infiltrates the organized crime underworld, but the outlaw sent to test his mettle is none other than Azrael!

CONVERGENCE: CATWOMAN #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! A year under the dome can change anyone ... even Catwoman. She's set aside her life of crime to become the protector of Suicide Slum, but when the dome falls she will face her greatest challenge: Kingdom Come Batman!

CONVERGENCE: GREEN ARROW #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Don't miss the first meeting between Oliver Queen and his son, Connor Hawke! Father and son may be united, but is their world about to end?

CONVERGENCE: GREEN LANTER/PARALLAX #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! A powerless Kyle Rayner visits a Metropolis prison to see a devastated Hal Jordan who believes he has murdered the Green Lantern Corps. But if the dome falls and powers are restored, will Parallax return to defend the city or destroy it?

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Ted Kord, Martian Manhunter, Fire and Ice star as the levity of the JLI team collides with the severity of the world of Kingdom Come!

CONVERGENCE: SUICIDE SQUAD #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! When Kingdom Come's floating fortress of New Oa threatens Metropolis, it's up to Amanda Waller to assemble a team of Metropolis's deadliest villains to stop it.

CONVERGENCE: SUPERBOY #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Has Kon-El earned the right to be the new Man of Steel? Kon will have to prove his mettle in battle against the Superman of Kingdom Come! But what if the only way to save Metropolis is to lose the fight?

CONVERGENCE: SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Superman is missing, so now it's up to Steel to defend Metropolis from the GEN13 kids!

CONVERGENCE: SUPERGIRL: MATRIX #1
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! What do Supergirl, Lady Quark, and Ambush Bug have in common? Well...nothing, really. But that doesn't stop them from appearing in this story together. You are SO welcome.

What Convergence titles did you pick up this week? What are your thoughts on them and the Convergence event?

Spider-Man

I picked up the Green Arrow and Suicide Squad one-shots and I really enjoyed the GA one. The artwork by Rags Morales reminded me of his stint on Identity Crisis and it was nice to see him draw the "classic" Green Arrow. It was nice to see Conner Hawke too but I was a little disappointed he wasn't at the same point he was in the books around that time. I find some of these one-hots are fun but they seem to be spinning their wheels a bit until the final last pages when the announcements happens that everyone is fighting for survival. Still I've liked the majority of these books so far.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I'm not really enjoying this event, there's a clear miscommunication between writers (again!) and I find the premise of a battle royal to be pretty boring.

However, it is pretty nice to see classic characters again even if it will probably amount to nothing.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Week three of Convergence is here! What are you reading?

CONVERGENCE #3

Death comes calling as an injured Telos takes out his rage on the people of Kandor, while the Earth-2 team endures another brutal casualty. And major plans are set in motion as Green Lantern and the others follow Deimos into the lost city of Skartaris to find Rip Hunter and the missing Time Masters, who could be their only hope of escape from this apocalypse for Infinite Earths!

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Superman and Supergirl attempt to free their city via the Phantom Zone but learn that if they succeed, a terrible fate awaits Supergirl in Crisis on Infinite Earths!

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! After a year under the dome, the Outsiders have gone their separate ways, but when OMAC attacks, Batman must find out if they have what it takes to still be a team.

CONVERGENCE: GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Say the Oath, save the world! If only being in the Green Lantern Corps was that easy. Hal has resigned, John is busy, and Guy is pissed. Together for the first time, they’ll save Gotham City or die trying!

CONVERGENCE: HAWKMAN #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Hawkman and Hawkgirl put their Shadow War on hold as they face the might of anthropomorphic rat-men and bat-men in the deadly land of Kamandi!

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! With their heavy hitters sidelined, Elongated Man must lead the much-maligned “Detroit Justice League” against the overwhelming power of the heroes from the Tangent Universe!

CONVERGENCE: NEW TEEN TITANS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Titans Together! The greatest Titans team of them all takes on the might of the Tangent Universe’s Doom Patrol!

CONVERGENCE: SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES#1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! While Brainiac 5 struggles to break through the dome, Superboy tries to keep the Legion of Super-Heroes’ spirits up – until the Atomic Knights ride into town to cause mass destruction!

CONVERGENCE: SWAMP THING #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The dome has cut off all the heroes from their powers – but what happens when Swamp Thing is cut off from his life source in The Green?

CONVERGENCE: THE FLASH #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Trapped in Gotham City, Barry Allen has nowhere to run. He fights on, seeking justice as well as a way to save the city, but he faces a Tangent Universe foe who thinks faster than even The Flash can run!

CONVERGENCE: WONDER WOMAN#1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Diana Prince is in the grip of a Domesday cult when Steve Trevor leaps into the fray! But can he save Etta Candy from vampires of Red Rain?

Spider-Man

I liked the Batman and the Outsiders book but my favorite of the books I picked up during the week was likely Swamp Thing and a lot of that has to do with Kelley Jones' insane artwork. I remember not liking him when he drew Batman back in the 90s or so but it was only after a few years did I really get an appreciation for what he brought to the book and what his style is. The three-part Batman/Dracula series is probably my favorite Jones stuff. I also though the Teen Titans book was really good but that again had more to do with the beautiful artwork than the writing.

Seems like not a lot of folks are picking these books up.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The first month of Convergence comes to an end! What are you reading?

CONVERGENCE #4

Inside Skartaris, the heroes of Earth-2 must face the only man who can stop them from finding the missing Time Travelers – but why would Travis Morgan, aka The Warlord, want to kill them?
Meanwhile, Telos takes the captive Dick Grayson to several of the battling cities to prove the futility of challenging him. And whatever you do, do not miss the final page, as the surprising return of an unexpected villain could crush all hope for salvation and seal the doom of everyone on the planet!

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: ACTION COMICS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Superman teams up with Power Girl, but can they stop a nuclear strike by Lex Luthor and Stalin of Red Son Moscow?

CONVERGENCE: BLUE BEETLE #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Hub City is on the brink of collapse and anarchy! But its heroes – Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, and The Question – find inspiration and strength from a most unlikely source.

CONVERGENCE: BOOSTER GOLD #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Trapped with Rip Hunter and other time travelers, Booster Gold and his future self must work together to get out of prison and off the planet.

CONVERGENCE: CRIME SYNDICATE #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The Crime Syndicate’s absolute control over their city of a bygone era comes crashing down when Superwoman is on death row while the rest of the team fights the One Million Universe’s Batman and Superman!

CONVERGENCE: DETECTIVE COMICS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Helena Wayne and Dick Grayson fight side by side in memory of Bruce Wayne as they decide who will become the next Batman.

CONVERGENCE: INFINITY INC #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The young heroes of Infinity, Inc. must choose between the path set for them by their parents or the one they’ve set for themselves as they face postapocalyptic Jonah Hex.

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Older and in full retirement under the dome, members of the Justice Society get the chance to regain their youth to stave off forces from the Qward Universe. But the promise of youth comes with a deadly price!

CONVERGENCE: PLASTIC MAN AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! You have to see this story to believe it! Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters are on the gallows in a New York City taken over by Nazis, when robot super heroes attack from Futures End and enemies become allies.

CONVERGENCE: SHAZAM! #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! It’s Shazam versus Steampunk, as the world of Gotham by Gaslight takes on the Captain Marvel family and friends!

CONVERGENCE: WORLD'S FIENST COMICS #1
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Read the most unusual tale in all of Convergence! The Seven Soldiers of Victory regroup to defend their city against the Qward invasion, while cartoonist Scribbly Jibbet transcribes their adventures.

What Convergence titles did you pick up this week? What are your thoughts on them and the Convergence event at the end of the first month?

Spider-Man

The Shazam comic was amazing! The story was good but the art was really something else. Even if you're not following Convergence (and it seems like no one really is ... I wonder what this means for Secret Wars) this issue is worth picking up just for the lovely art. Booster Gold was also a pretty good book which makes some changes to the character. It also seems like it might play a bigger role in the overall Convergence event.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The second month of Convergence has arrived! Sounds off an share your thoughts!

CONVERGENCE #5

The threat to the Multiverse grows as Brainiac confronts his creation Telos, and the surviving heroes of Earth-2 are stuck in the middle! Plus: A specific moment in time signals a call to all the cities that have been battling each other! Witness the final fates of the winners and losers of Convergence!

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: BATGIRL #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! What will be the final fate of Stephanie Brown as she battles both Flashpoint Grodd and Catman? Or is the real fight closer to home, against Red Robin?

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN AND ROBIN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! It’s a Bat-Family reunion with Bruce, Damian and Jason Todd, so you know things aren’t going to end well – but it gets a lot worse when Batman and Robin have to fight the Extremists!

CONVERGENCE: HARLEY QUINN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison Ivy fight Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew – to the death!

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Witness the brutality of the battles between worlds as Flashpoint Aquaman proves to the Justice League how far he’s willing to go to protect his kingdom.

CONVERGENCE: NIGHTWING/ORACLE #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! The fairy tale starring Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon tries to survive one more night – and a brutal attack by Flashpoint Hawkman and Hawkwoman!

CONVERGENCE: SPEED FORCE #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Wally West desperately tries to protect his children and his city from the brutal assault of the Flashpoint Wonder Woman as the next phase of Convergence begins!

CONVERGENCE: SUPERMAN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Flashpoint Kal-El has kidnapped Lois while she’s in labor! Will Superman reach them in time—or will Flashpoint Batman have to deliver the Man of Steel’s only child?

CONVERGENCE: THE ATOM #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Ray Palmer battles the Extremist Barracuda even as he struggles with what seems to be the presence of the dead Atom, Ryan Choi, while Deathstroke waits in the wings ready to kill any Atom he sees!

CONVERGENCE: THE QUESTION #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Renee Montoya’s final stand as The Question comes to a head as she helps Two-Face battle Flashpoint’s Harvey Dent…but will her world live on?

CONVERGENCE: TITANS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! A severely depleted Titans team, including Arsenal and Donna Troy, is put to the test against the world-conquering Extremists! But how can they do this while protecting Arsenal’s daughter Lian?

Spider-Man

So I can't be the only one who cried at the end of the Superman Convergence issue right? Please someone else tell me they teared up too.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The second month of Convergence continues! C'mon folks - sound off!

Week two of Convergence is here! What are you reading?

CONVERGENCE #6

Free of the reign of Telos, a pantheon of heroes unite at last in an effort to defend their collective cities – but they did not count on the threat of Deimos, who suddenly seems to possess the power to tear the Multiverse apart at the seams!

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: AQUAMAN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! He may be missing a hand, but he sure won’t miss this fight as Aquaman and Deathblow try to kill each other!

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Batman and Azrael team up against the original Wetworks lineup from the WildStorm Universe! Armor up!

CONVERGENCE: CATWOMAN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Witness the shocking conclusion to Catwoman’s altercation with the Kingdom Come Batman!

CONVERGENCE: GREEN ARROW #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! It’s a family feud! The first-ever meeting between Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke gets complicated when they are attacked by Kingdom Come’s Dinah Lance and Olivia Queen!

CONVERGENCE: GREEN LANTER/PARALLAX #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Hal Jordan is Parallax – and Kyle Rayner is the Green Lantern trying to stop him from committing genocide in their battle against Princess Fern of Electropolis! Let the battle begin!

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Is it time to say goodbye to Ted Kord and Martian Manhunter forever? It is if the heroes of the Kingdom Come universe have anything to say about it!

CONVERGENCE: SUICIDE SQUAD #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Bane and Cyborg Superman join Amanda Waller and her Suicide Squad’s attack on Kingdom Come Green Lantern’s floating fortress of New Oa! And lots and lots and lots of heroes die!

CONVERGENCE: SUPERBOY #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Superboy and Kingdom Come Superman face off over Metropolis – but can these two find a way to work together and save both their worlds?

CONVERGENCE: SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Will Steel be forced to murder the Gen13 kids in cold blood? Well, what other way is there for him to save Metropolis?

CONVERGENCE: SUPERGIRL: MATRIX #2
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Supergirl and Ambush Bug fight against…uh…we don’t really understand what Keith Giffen is doing here, but we trust it’ll work out great!

What Convergence titles did you pick up this week? What are your thoughts on them and the Convergence event - Yay or nay? Why?

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
The Shazam comic was amazing! The story was good but the art was really something else. Even if you're not following Convergence (and it seems like no one really is ... I wonder what this means for Secret Wars) this issue is worth picking up just for the lovely art. Booster Gold was also a pretty good book which makes some changes to the character. It also seems like it might play a bigger role in the overall Convergence event.
There's a reason why the Captain Marvel Convergence comic was amazing. Take a look at who wrote it. ;)

How does the Gotham By Gaslight universe (or the specific time period it takes place in) have laser weapons to equip on their blimps?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The end of Convergence looms near...

CONVERGENCE #7

Art by AARON LOPRESTI and MARK MORALES

The largest battle in the history of the Multiverse is here! Who will win and who will lose when Deimos battles the combined might of the Earth 2 survivors, the heroes from Kingdom Come, the Titans and Parallax? All this and more, as the heroes of The New 52 join the fight!

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Superman and Supergirl's journey through the Phantom Zone takes a tragic turn as one of the most devastating moments in DC's history is revealed! Supergirl could save herself ... but only if she sacrifices Metropolis to the marauding intelligent apes from Kamandi's world!

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Batman leads the Outsiders against a terror from the Great Disaster, Godmaker and OMAC!

CONVERGENCE: GREEN LANTERN CORPS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The Green Lantern Corps is revived when Hal Jordan, John Stewart and Guy Gardner power up and race to take on Hercules Unbound and Anti God from the Great Disaster!

CONVERGENCE: HAWKMAN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Thanagarian Shadow Agents set out to destroy the deadly bat people and rat people from the land of Kamandi!

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Witness the final stand of the Detroit Justice League as they fight to survive against the Tangent Universe!

CONVERGENCE: NEW TEEN TITANS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Titans Together ... no more, when they face the might of the Tangent Doom Patrol! Is this the end of what many consider the greatest Titans team in the history of the Multiverse?

CONVERGENCE: SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Brainiac 5 and Superboy are from one of the most advanced worlds under the Convergence dome, but nothing can prepare them for the all-out war they now find themselves in against the Atomic Knights!

CONVERGENCE: SWAMP THING #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Swamp Thing finds his connection to the Green renewed ... but is it enough to help him survive the onslaught of the Red Rain vampire Batman?

CONVERGENCE: THE FLASH #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Barry Allen lashes out against the heroes of the Tangent Universe as he tries to protect Gotham City from Convergence!

CONVERGENCE: WONDER WOMAN #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Diana Prince gets blood on her jumpsuit as she takes on vampire versions of The Joker and the rest of the Red Rain ghouls!

What Convergence titles did you pick up this week?
What are your thoughts on them and the Convergence event?

Spider-Man

There's a reason why the Captain Marvel Convergence comic was amazing. Take a look at who wrote it.
Parker is a great writer. He actually wrote some really good Marvel Adventures books a few years ago before they revamped the line. His Avengers comic in particular was fantastic and fun. Even his run on Aquaman was really good. He's an excellent writer who I think is a little underappreciated.

Swamp Thing, New Teen Titans and Batman and the Outsiders were great reads this week. One week to go!

Also I'm glad to see that sales for this event actually turned out pretty good. It hasn't been the best DC event but I find there have been a lot more hits than misses with all the special two-issue books.

"Convergence" Launches Huge for DC, "Star Wars" #4 Cracks 200K - Comic Book Resources

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The finale of Convergence is here ... and the DC Universe will never be the same! For real!

CONVERGENCE #8

Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and STEPHEN SEGOVIA

All the heroes of the DC Universe unite to face a crisis of infinite proportions ... but when all is done, there can be only one reality. But will even that survive the battle?

Also on sale this week:

CONVERGENCE: ACTION COMICS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Will Superman and Power Girl meet their demise at the hands of Red Son Wonder Woman?

CONVERGENCE: BLUE BEETLE #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! A battle you never thought you'd see: Blue Beetle, Captain Atom and The Question battle an army of Legionnaires!

CONVERGENCE: BOOSTER GOLD #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Booster Golds ... Time Masters ... is it possible that the combined might of these heroes can put an end to the Convergence battles?

CONVERGENCE: CRIME SYNDICATE #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The Crime Syndicate from the past and the heroes from the farthest future of DC One Million clash on the Convergence battlefields!

CONVERGENCE: DETECTIVE COMICS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Helena Wayne and Dick Grayson attempt to keep Bruce Wayne's memory alive as they come to blows with the powerful Superman Red Son characters!

CONVERGENCE: INFINITY INC #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Jade, Obsidian, Nuklon and the rest of the Infinity Inc. team try to prove that they deserve their place among the Earth-2 heroes as they fight the post-apocalyptic Jonah Hex!

CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The original Justice Society is powered up and ready to fight the Weaponers of Qward ... but with youth and power comes the ultimate cost!

CONVERGENCE: PLASTIC MAN AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The fantastic Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters take the battle to the Earth-X Nazis and the robot super heroes from Futures End!

CONVERGENCE: SHAZAM! #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The shining city of Fawcett takes on the murky gaslit world of Gotham City as Captain Marvel finds the Victorian-era Batman prepared to take on the mightiest of mortals! At the heart of the battle a new alliance of villains comes together to destroy the future, and one world will be sent to oblivion...

CONVERGENCE: WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #2
STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Cartoonist Scribbly Jibbet chronicles the battle of the reformed Seven Soldiers of Victory against the Qward invasion in the most unusual story in all of Convergence!

What are your thoughts on the conclusion of Convergence and the overall event?
What changes coming out of this event are you most excited for?

Spider-Man

Well the main Convergence series took awhile to get going and only really picked up at the end but wow - what an ending! So based on my understanding, the multi-verse is back which means that there are countless different versions of heroes back again to be used - that's great! But it also seems like the pre-Flashpoint Universe has been merged with the New52 which is where I am slightly confused. So the New 52 universe replaces that one or are the timelines merged so what we'll get from here on in is an amalgamation of the two? Regardless I'm really happy with the outcome and can't wait to see what is going to come out of this starting next month. I'm really excited for the Superman and Batman storylines and can't wait to give some new books a shot. It really looks like DC is trying to make these books a bit more diverse and I hope it pays off and brings an end to the overreaction and over-the-top bashing from readers. There is a lot of great potential here.

Here is an article from CBR about what happened in Convergence today:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/the-true-goal-of-dcs-convergence-has-been-revealed

http://community.comicbookresources...ust-confirmed-that-it-s-ALL-back-on-the-table

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
I don't know if I'm confused, unimpressed, or just don't care. So all the previous Earths now exist? I never had any reason to believe they didn't exist in the first place. I think this is going to get even more confusing when upcoming titles go to any of these various earths, while another title stays in the "regular"/new 52 Earth. However long this lasts, the slate is going to be wiped clean (again) with another event.

Going by the Divergence comic and the solicitations starting with June, everything looks like it's just picking up right were the new 52 left off. So, I ask, what's the point of Convergence? Going by the final pages where we see the different Earths, I guess all the pre & post crisis continuity is merged with the real/official new 52 continuity. Why does each Earth have "ghosts" of the heroes behind the world, and the new 52 heroes under it? I don't want the old Earths tweaked/merged to fit in with the new 52. I want the original Earths/Multiverse. Which leads me to ask, if the original Multiverse/Multiple Earths are now merged with the new 52, does the multiverse REALLY exist again? Is the current Earth 2 REALLY Earth 2 from the classic "Flash Of Both Worlds" story, or is it just a new 52 counterpart (which according to my logic, isn't the REAL Earth 2)?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts