"Constantine: City of Demons - The Movie" Digital HD/Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Please rate this movie

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Bullocks

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Check out Constantine: City of Demons! The movie version released today has over an hour of never-before-seen content, including the film’s climax.

Constantine: City of Demons - The Movie
Studio
: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
Release Date: October 9th, 2018
Running Time: Feature: 90 minutes

Synopsis: A decade after a tragic mistake, family man Chas and occult detective John Constantine set out to cure Chas’s daughter Trish from a mysterious supernatural coma. With the help of the mysterious Nightmare Nurse, the influential Queen of Angels, and brutal Aztec God Mictlantecuhtli, the pair just might have a chance at outsmarting the demon Beroul to save Trish’s soul. In a world of shadows and dark magic, not everything is what it seems, and there’s always a price to pay. The path to redemption is never easy, and if Constantine is to succeed, he must navigate through the dark urban underbelly of Los Angeles, outwit the most cunning spawns of hell, and come face to face with arch-nemesis Nergal – all while battling his own inner demons!

Constantine: City of Demons has been produced in a dual format – initially as animated shorts, the first five of which appeared on CW Seed. With a runtime of 90 minutes, the feature-length Constantine: City of Demons film has over an hour of never-before-seen content including the film’s thrilling climax.

Doug Murphy (Scooby-Doo and the Gourmet Ghost) directs the film from a script by J.M. DeMatteis (Batman: Bad Blood). Art Direction is courtesy of Phil Bourassa (Young Justice). Butch Lukic (Justice League Action, Batman Unlimited) is the film’s producer. Sam Register and Sarah Schechter also serve as executive producers.

Matt Ryan, who set the standard for the role of Constantine on the NBC live-action television series, returns to the famed trenchcoat in animated form – after reprising the role in both live-action (Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow) series and an animated film (Justice League Dark).

The cast surrounding Ryan includes Damian O’Hare (Hell on Wheels) as Chas Chandler, Laura Bailey (Critical Role) as Trish & Asa The Healer, Emily O’Brien (The Young and the Restless) as Rene Chandler, Kevin Michael Richardson (Family Guy) as Mahonin, Jim Meskimen (Parks and Recreation) as Beroul, Robin Atkin Downes (The Strain) as Nergal, Rachel Kimsey (Justice League Action) as Angela, and Rick Wasserman (Batman: The Killing Joke) as Mictlantecuhtli.

Constantine: City of Demons is rated R for bloody violence/gore, disturbing images, and some sexual content.

Enhanced Content:
-The Sorcerer’s Occultist – Understanding John Constantine – An exciting examination of the powers and abilities used by DC’s working-class occult detective, John Constantine.
Constantine: City of Demons WonderCon Panel – 2018 – Storytellers join City of Demons’ star Matt Ryan at this year’s WonderCon for an inside look at Constantine’s latest adventure.

Discuss the Constantine: City of Demons release!

Reminder: This thread is for the Constantine: City of Demons - The Movie home media release! To view more discussion on the included episodes, please click on the related discussion links below! Keep in mind at this point only the first 5 episodes have been released on the CW Seed.

Related Discussion:
"Constantine: City of Demons" Animated Series Talkback (Spoilers)
"Freedom Fighters: The Ray - The Movie" Digital HD/Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
"Vixen: The Movie" Digital HD/Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
"Justice League Dark" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Reactions: 1 person

Wag

Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone seen the 4k release yet? The animation isn't very good here so I'm wondering if it's worth the investment over the standard blu-ray? Love the story tho- best Constantine on screen yet, almost straight out of the Vertigo comic.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Has anyone seen the 4k release yet? The animation isn't very good here so I'm wondering if it's worth the investment over the standard blu-ray? Love the story tho- best Constantine on screen yet, almost straight out of the Vertigo comic.
The colors are brighter and blacks darker, and overall the animation looks a shade more crisper, and it's definitely noticeable when comparing the 4K to the Blu-ray. Ideally a more detailed review will be up soon on The World's Finest.

Wag

Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
The colors are brighter and blacks darker, and overall the animation looks a shade more crisper, and it's definitely noticeable when comparing the 4K to the Blu-ray. Ideally a more detailed review will be up soon on The World's Finest.
Is it an upscale with processed colors so it looks nicer with HDR? That's how all of the DC DTV 4k releases have been so far.

Too bad they didn't do a UHD release of Batman Ninja. Of all the DC DTV releases, it's the only one that's really justified it so far.

I'm anticipating your review. :)

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
Is it an upscale with processed colors so it looks nicer with HDR? That's how all of the DC DTV 4k releases have been so far.

Too bad they didn't do a UHD release of Batman Ninja. Of all the DC DTV releases, it's the only one that's really justified it so far.

I'm anticipating your review. :)
To my knowledge, it was upscaled. And agreed on Batman Ninja. I am fairly confident we will get that released to 4K down the road since Warner Bros. has been releasing some of the older DC DTVs on 4K. (and I agree, the movie begs for it). And thanks for the kind words!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
To my knowledge, it was upscaled. And agreed on Batman Ninja. I am fairly confident we will get that released to 4K down the road since Warner Bros. has been releasing some of the older DC DTVs on 4K. (and I agree, the movie begs for it). And thanks for the kind words!
If it's any consolation, the Batman Ninja 4K release did happen but digital only. This past summer. Like on iTunes. But I digress. Constantine. ;)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
If it's any consolation, the Batman Ninja 4K release did happen but digital only. This past summer. Like on iTunes. But I digress. Constantine. ;)
Too true, I can watch my iTunes version of Batman Ninja right now on 4K digitally! I should have specified a physical release, which I imagine will come out in the not-too-distant future.

But, as Yojimbo says, back to Constantine...!

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
I don't remember the ending of the graphic novel All His Engines being quite as bleak as the end of this movie regarding how this leaves things between not only Chas and his family, but with John and his old friend. Interesting that Chas' granddaughter has become his daughter in the animated series. Though I think the NBC series did the same thing with Trish.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The Teen Titans Go vs. Teen Titans trailer didn’t show Bumblebee, making me think either her stay on the Titans is temporary or i’m overthinking everything.
I wonder what Eddie Fitzgerald's up to...
Finally going to get to watch Shazam today! Can't wait :).

I found this interesting tweet thread from Jenny Calabro that definitely speaks volumes.