Complete failures that happened during Nickelodeon's history

parkersfan89

that sucks! they could've aired that, cousin skeeter, romeo, brothers garcia, yakkity yak, catscratch, my life as a teenage robot, and so forth.
Nicktoons Network also aired Planet Sketch and Making Fiends.
what was Planet Sketch? never heard of that show until now.

Looney Turtles

I think he meant to say Planet Sheen, which was a spin-off of Jimmy Neutron, focusing on one of his best friends, Sheen.

I watched only like one episode of the show, before giving up on it. It wasn't good.

kanc

This video kind of looks like an edit. Are you sure it’s real?
I deleted the post about the video for Planet Sketch. Sorry for misinformation

Checking on this.. Planet Sketch did NOT air on Nicktoons network at all.. So Im guessing ATSFGuy must have meant Planet Sheen?

Last edited:

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
This video kind of looks like an edit. Are you sure it’s real?
Planet Sketch didn't air on Nicktoons as its own separate show, but there was an anthology series on Nicktoons called Shorts in a Bunch which was basically a compilation of shorts from around the world and some recurring bits from Planet Sketch did air on this program as stand-alone skits. ATSFGuy wasn't talking about Planet Sheen.

I know this because I watched it. My household had DirecTV at the time and we had the Nicktoons channel.

Last edited:

toonmaster17

that sucks! they could've aired that, cousin skeeter, romeo, brothers garcia, yakkity yak, catscratch, my life as a teenage robot, and so forth.
NickRewind aired Teenage Robot a few different times last year on the block. Most of this was to promote Paramount+. Though El Tigre aired several mores times last year both on NickRewind and Nicktoons and it has yet to be added to Paramount+.

Micahel Cataldo

Robot and Monster actually.

Nick had so many one season wonder shows: Bunsen is a Beast, Cousins for Life, Drama Club, The Barbarian and the Troll, All That reboot, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader (John Cena version for Nick), America's Most Musical Family, Crystal Maze (2020), Monsters vs Aliens, WITs Academy, Talia in the Kitchen, 100 Things to Do Before High School, Wendell and Vinnie, The Astronauts, Fred the Show, Marvin Marvin, Star Falls, NFL Slimetime, The Beatbuds; Let's Jam, Kinderwood, Unleashed, Group Chat, Middle School Moguls, Keep It Spotless, The Adventures of Kid Danger, The After Party (there were actually 2 TV specials, plus webisodes were in youtube nickelodeon), Ride, Legendary Dudas, All in With Cam Newton, The Halo Effect, Noah Knows Best, Just for Kicks, The Other Kingdom, How to Rock, Fresh Beat Band of Spies, ReactToThat, You Gotta See This, Webheads, Deadtime Stories, Hollywood Heights, etc... (I can't list all) but these are examples of one season wonder shows.

Of course Warped! somehow is on life support, the season ended last March, and it's still unknown yet whether it's renewed or cancelled.
The other 2 shows you left out are Alien Dawn and Alien Surf Girls.

parkersfan89

Robot and Monster actually.

Nick had so many one season wonder shows: Bunsen is a Beast, Cousins for Life, Drama Club, The Barbarian and the Troll, All That reboot, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader (John Cena version for Nick), America's Most Musical Family, Crystal Maze (2020), Monsters vs Aliens, WITs Academy, Talia in the Kitchen, 100 Things to Do Before High School, Wendell and Vinnie, The Astronauts, Fred the Show, Marvin Marvin, Star Falls, NFL Slimetime, The Beatbuds; Let's Jam, Kinderwood, Unleashed, Group Chat, Middle School Moguls, Keep It Spotless, The Adventures of Kid Danger, The After Party (there were actually 2 TV specials, plus webisodes were in youtube nickelodeon), Ride, Legendary Dudas, All in With Cam Newton, The Halo Effect, Noah Knows Best, Just for Kicks, The Other Kingdom, How to Rock, Fresh Beat Band of Spies, ReactToThat, You Gotta See This, Webheads, Deadtime Stories, Hollywood Heights, etc... (I can't list all) but these are examples of one season wonder shows.

Of course Warped! somehow is on life support, the season ended last March, and it's still unknown yet whether it's renewed or cancelled.
don't forget My Dad The Rock Star

ATSFGuy

Regarding
They are NOT Nick originals! Those are just TeenNick acquisitions and I don't list those!

That's NOT Nick Original, it's just aquisition
Heads up;

Regarding Planet Sketch, type in “Planet Sketch Nicktoons Network” on google and see what you find. It may have aired there once or twice.

stephane dumas

I agreed with you, its just a acquired cartoon, the acquired cartoons are always the target for mishandling by major kids networks like nickelodeon & Cartoon Network
Wayside got the same fate, althought thanks to Canadian content requirments, it menaged to get years of reruns on Teletoon and later on YTV.

Last edited:

kanc

Regarding

Heads up;

Regarding Planet Sketch, type in “Planet Sketch Nicktoons Network” on google and see what you find. It may have aired there once or twice.
parkersfan user already found out, after goldstar user responded it: But thanks.

Planet Sketch didn't air on Nicktoons as its own separate show, but there was an anthology series on Nicktoons called Shorts in a Bunch which was basically a compilation of shorts from around the world and some recurring bits from Planet Sketch did air on this program as stand-alone skits. ATSFGuy wasn't talking about Planet Sheen.

I know this because I watched it. My household had DirecTV at the time and we had the Nicktoons channel.

parkersfan89

Seems

Sure seems like Nicktoons Network relied on more acquired shows over the old Nickelodeon cartoons around 2007-2009, which I believe caused it’s demise.
ur right! It did! but it was part of the shorts in a bunch block from the Nicktoons Network era. for a min, i thought u were referring to Planet Sheen, Jimmy Neutron's spin off.
here's proof: Planet Sketch - Wikipedia

kanc

You just confused Planet Sketch with Planet Sheen. Is that okay?
That was just misunderstanding part for Planet Sheen. He's referring Planet Sketch. Now that's already been taken care of, can we please move on from this?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts