Comcast to launch 2 new kids channels

zeebre12

Comcast are to launch two new english language kids channels owned by hispanic companies in January 2017 called Kids Central and Primo TV. It states that they will have acquired series such as Mad Hatter Chronicles, with original programming planned in the future. Like El Rey/Revolt they will also probably be on other providers. At least we may get other kids series from Australia/UK/Canada that are not on US kids TV channels

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
So is Kids Central basically going to be the English one and Primo TV the Spanish one? What will they also air besides the announced programming? Modern DreamWorks shows?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Yeah, but the "Hispanic" gave me a suggestion that one of the channels was going to be in Spanish. Logos:
Comcast-KidsCentral-PrimoTV.jpg

The Primo TV logo is based on the one V-Me uses, in fact V-Me is actually involved in the project. Kids Central is aimed particularly at pre-schoolers and Primo TV at kids in general.

Primo TV will air PBS, Jim Henson Company and BBC shows as well as the CGI Little Prince show, Angelo Rules and Lucky Fred. Here's the launch promo.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
One question is left unanswered: since they own DreamWorks Animation, where will they air their shows, especially the ones for Netflix?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Angelo Rulessss! :D

Please acquire Hubert & Takako and Floopaloo Where Are You. Nickelodeon isn't going to acquire them after what happened with Oggy.

ToonJay723

Staff member
You know what this means. A TV show based off the Minions is now inevitable.

Mandouga

.I don't know. El Rey (a network for [much] older viewers) is supposedly an English "Latino" network, but it looks more like a (male-focused; just saying) general entertainment channel to me with a "Gratuitous Spanish" name (with reruns of older action shows like Airwolf and Knight Rider*, and showings of the occasional Hong Kong martial arts movie). As for these two new family networks, only time will if they know what they're talking about. Then again, G4 was supposed to be a network about video games (which it was...at first)...

Oh, and LegaFan224, don't give them any ideas. The last thing either network needs is (more) shows meant more to please the parents at the rest of the family's expense.

*Both are given "TV-14" ratings, when, if anything, they should at least be "TV-PG".

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
.I don't know. El Rey (a network for [much] older viewers) is supposedly an English "Latino" network, but it looks more like a (male-focused; just saying) general entertainment channel to me with a "Gratuitous Spanish" name (with reruns of older action shows like Airwolf and Knight Rider*, and showings of the occasional Hong Kong martial arts movie). As for these two new family networks, only time will if they know what they're talking about. Then again, G4 was supposed to be a network about video games (which it was...at first)...
Primo TV was announced with an English teaser, probably to make it bi-lingual. Only time will tell.

About Kids Central, as I said it should also have the Netflix DreamWorks Animation shows.

zeebre12

V me who own Primo TV said its their first venture in an English channel, so id say it will be mainly english. Say if an Hispanic company bought Disney channel and kept the same programming, wouldnt that be the same principal as these channels (that they are just hispanic owned?)

zeebre12

V me who own Primo TV said its their first venture in an English channel, so id say it will be mainly english. Say if an Hispanic company bought Disney channel and kept the same programming, wouldnt that be the same principal as these channels (that they are just hispanic owned?)

zeebre12

So it launches tomorrow then. There has been very little about its launch, even I searched results for Primo TV on google for the past week and there is nothing even past 24 hours. What other programmes does it have? When is Kids Central launching?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts