CN new logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartoonNothing

Es solo una forma de decir.
I'm not liking this logo at all, it's so....bland. I like the logo as it is now, it fits the network just fine and looks really good so I really don't know why Cartoon Network would want to change it aside from a full rebranding or something, but even if thats the case then why go for something so generic looking? Blah, the logo is definitly fine as it is now.

Agreed.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
While I don't think these modifications are necessary, since it's not all that different from the previous logo overall, if Toon decided to go with this design, I could stand it, provided that they kept the black and white palettes on the 2 tiles opposite colors; having both tiles being white on black just looks monotonous.

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
That was for the upfront. Just like last year with a different logo? Nothing changed.
True. Last year, around this time, there were images of a new logo shown at the upfront, people got freaked out, and nothing changed.

CartoonNothing

Es solo una forma de decir.
True. Last year, around this time, there were images of a new logo shown at the upfront, people got freaked out, and nothing changed.

cartoonupfront.jpg

That pretty much freaked me out when I first saw the image...

ECDT1089

Your everyday automobile geek!
I like it. At least it still has CARTOON in it. I think it's officially the new logo. It probably won't debut until this summer or fall.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I like it. At least it still has CARTOON in it. I think it's officially the new logo. It probably won't debut until this summer or fall.

We don't know that yet, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Everybody thought that the logo Rho was talking about was going to be the new logo also, and we saw how much that changed things over at CN. ;)

In any case, it's just a logo. Channels update their logos from time to time. Nothing to get over excited about. If Toon were on the verge of changing it's format, now that would be newsworthy.

Manga4life

DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
I would much prefer that logo with the people standing in front of it to the one that sparked this thread, the CN logo shows a few posts up from mine actually looks really cool and I wouldn't mind that as the networks logo if they really wanted to ditch the current one.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
It's not just for the upfronts.

Remember that logo they used last year? They didn't trademark that one at all.

Remember that round logo that was recently unearthed but unused? They did trademark that logo, but they let the trademark lapse. Cartoon Network trademarked this one for "CABLE TELEVISION AND SATELLITE TELEVISION BROADCASTING SERVICES, STREAMING OF AUDIO, VIDEO AND AUDIO/VIDEO MATERIALS OVER THE INTERNET" and the same logo for the following goods and services:

- SOFT DRINKS; FRUIT JUICES, SELTZER WATER, DRINKING WATER

- FOODS AND BEVERAGES, NAMELY, BREAKFAST CEREALS, READY-TO-EAT CEREAL DERIVED FOOD BARS, CEREAL-BASED SNACK FOODS, PASTRIES, CONFECTIONERIES IN THE NATURE OF CANDIES, GUM, BUBBLE GUM; FLAVORED ICES; FROZEN CONFECTIONERIES; CRACKER AND CHEESE COMBINATIONS; CORN BASED SNACK FOODS; BAGELS, FRENCH TOAST, WAFFLES, PIZZA

- MILK AND DAIRY PRODUCTS, EXCLUDING ICE CREAM, ICE MILK AND FROZEN YOGURT; DAIRY BASED FOOD BEVERAGES, YOGURT, YOGURT BASED BEVERAGES; CANDIED FRUIT SNACKS, DEHYDRATED FRUIT SNACKS, APPLESAUCE, REFRIGERATED FOOD PACKAGE COMBINATIONS CONSISTING PRIMARILY OF MEAT, CHEESE OR PROCESSED VEGETABLES FOR PURPOSES OF CREATING A SANDWICH

- CLOTHING, NAMELY, SHIRTS, HATS, FOOTWEAR AND HALLOWEEN COSTUMES

- PAPER PARTY DECORATIONS; CHILDREN'S BOOKS; STATIONERY; WRITING IMPLEMENTS, STICKERS, POSTERS AND CALENDARS

- AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDINGS FEATURING ENTERTAINMENT FOR CHILDREN; INTERACTIVE VIDEO GAME PROGRAMS; VIDEO GAME CARTRIDGES AND DISCS; ELECTRONIC GAME PROGRAMS; COMPUTER GAME CARTRIDGES AND DISCS; DOWNLOADABLE PRE-RECORDED VIDEO RECORDINGS FEATURING ENTERTAINMENT FOR CHILDREN; SUNGLASSES AND PROTECTIVE HELMETS FOR SPORTS

- LINENS NAMELY, TOWELS MADE OF TEXTILE, BED BLANKETS, BED SHEETS, PILLOW CASES AND SHOWER CURTAINS

- BEVERAGE GLASSWARE, MUGS, BOWLS, PLATES, COOKIE JARS, WASTEPAPER BASKETS, PLASTIC BUCKETS, SHOWER CADDIES, CAKE MOLDS, CAKE SERVERS, THERMAL INSULATED CONTAINERS FOR FOOD OR BEVERAGES; COOKIE CUTTERS, PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES SOLD EMPTY, HAIR BRUSHES, TOOTH BRUSHES, SOAP CONTAINERS, LUNCH BOXES, PAPER PLATES, PAPER CUPS

- FIGURINES MADE OF PLASTER OR PLASTIC; SLEEPING BAGS, PLASTIC CAKE DECORATIONS, NON-METAL AND NON-LEATHER KEY CHAINS, DRINKING STRAWS, PICTURE FRAMES, PILLOWS, HAND-HELD FANS

- TRAVELING BAGS; GOODS MADE FROM LEATHER AND IMITATIONS OF LEATHER, NAMELY ATHLETIC BAGS, BACKPACKS, BOOK BAGS, TOTE BAGS, FANNY PACKS, HANDBAGS, COSMETIC BAGS SOLD EMPTY, WALLETS, UMBRELLAS

- CLOCKS, WATCHES, COSTUME JEWELRY

- BUBBLE BATH, NAIL POLISH, HAIR SHAMPOO, LIP BALM, BREATH FRESHENING CONFECTIONERIES, NAMELY BREATH MINTS, TOOTHPASTE, MOUTHWASH, BODY LOTIONS, SOAPS, COSMETICS

- TOYS, SPORTING GOODS, GAMES AND PLAYTHINGS, NAMELY, TOY FIGURES AND ACCESSORIES THEREFOR, PLUSH TOYS, BOARD GAMES, JIGSAW PUZZLES, BALLOONS, HANDHELD ELECTRONIC GAMES OTHER THAN THOSE ADAPTED FOR USE WITH TELEVISION RECEIVERS ONLY; BALLS FOR GAMES; PROTECTIVE PADS FOR ATHLETIC USE, NAMELY ELBOW PADS AND KNEE PADS; SKATEBOARDS AND FLYING DISCS

and (this one is kind of important):

- ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES, NAMELY, A MULTIMEDIA PROGRAM SERIES FEATURING COMEDY, ACTION AND ADVENTURE DISTRIBUTED VIA VARIOUS PLATFORMS ACROSS MULTIPLE FORMS OF TRANSMISSION MEDIA

If it was for a one-time use, why bother filing trademark applications for ALL of those services if any trademark applications at all? I think we're going to see the new logo later rather than sooner, which is why they didn't showcase it at the upfront event.

It's okay. It's a little too simple, almost deceptively simple, but it's an interesting, albeit familiar look. I'm just curious how they'll implement it on-air.

BigMac

Rebranded
Sorry guys but I'm kind of confused. So is this official? Will this be the new logo or will the current one stay?

By the way, in my opinion, that logo is very bland, simple. I prefer the current logo.

chdr

Sorry guys but I'm kind of confused. So is this official? Will this be the new logo or will the current one stay?

By the way, in my opinion, that logo is very bland, simple. I prefer the current logo.
CN trademarked it, meaning they now own the logo and can use it at any time. Whether or not they will do so and when is just a matter of waiting, for now.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Truth be told, nobody around here really knows what's up.

This we do know:

- In late March 2010, Cartoon Network applied for 15 individual trademark applications for a new Cartoon Network logo.

- Several of the trademarks are for on-air and online presentations as well as portable media.

And THAT'S ALL WE KNOW!

It is an official documentation of the network actually applying the new logos for trademark registration, so it is legit. As for what that means, no one really knows, but it would seem that the logo will likely change pretty soon. The logo hasn't been completely approved yet, and that could take a while, which explains why they didn't present it at the upfront. So, it's coming later rather than sooner.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
I don't know about you guys, but this is kind of exciting to (most likely) be getting a new logo. Maybe once it get approved, we'll finally see that full rebrand, which I'm guessing will be cartoon related in some way (since Snyder himself admitted that animation will always remain as the core of the network).

Silver

I don't know about you guys, but this is kind of exciting to (most likely) be getting a new logo. Maybe once it get approved, we'll finally see that full rebrand, which I'm guessing will be cartoon related in some way (since Snyder himself admitted that animation will always remain as the core of the network).
I have a feeling CN'S going to rebrand this Fall. But that's just me, I don't want to start any rumors.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
When a TV network rebrands, we usually don't know when it's going to happen until it happens. When we turn on Cartoon Network and notice a different logo and bumpers, then we'll know.

I think people tend to obsess over bumps, logos and packaging just a little, honestly. Cosmetic changes like that aren't really that important at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts