CN new logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee

This is the logo Cartoon Network is using on the Move It Movement tour(being used on all of their tents, staff shirts, etc). I'm now thoroughly convinced that this is the new logo and I can't wait to see it come on T.V. :]

Last edited by a moderator:

ECDT1089

Your everyday automobile geek!
I'm already convinced. And like I said before, this logo will probably make it's television debut either this summer or fall. That Move it Movement Tour video pretty much confirms this is the new logo.

Silver

This new press release uses the new logo: I guess it's official.
That's pretty cool. I wonder when, and how they're going to use it. During the afternoon block, they use a brown, kind of cardboard version of the current CN logo. Are they going to do the same thing with this one?

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Well, last year they had a different logo for the upfronts, nothing happened with that, so I figured that the new logo used for this years upfronts would be the same.

Well, the logo looks retro, odd, and yet seemingly refreshing at the same time.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
I like the logo's design, but I wish they would've kept the original font at least.

Anyways, the new logo does evoke memories of the original Cartoon Network logo; I guess that's why I like it so much. It's simple (some may argue a bit too much), and easily readable. I just wished they would've kept the font the same.

The last time Cartoon Network changed its logo, it also had a change in it's overall direction with the network. Yes, there was a rebrand, but the programming also took a shift. Most of the classics were removed, live-action slowly began to trickle in, and the network slowly started to become more of a kids network than a Cartoon Network. I wonder if this new logo will also signify a change in direction, and if so, will it be a good change or a bad change?

ToonFaithful

The One Who Knocks™
I like the logo. It has it's original colors. As for the font, it will be missed. That font has stayed on the network for many years.

Cia

This makes me curious as to whether or not this will effect the Cartoon Network Studios Production card or the bottom of CN's websites, because even after switching to the current... not regular boxes logo, the original CN logo was (and currently still is) put at the bottom of the website and in the CN Studios card to ensure that pretty much both logos were being kept in use to keep the trademark or whatever. What I'm wondering is if this means the second logo will join the first in these kinds of usage, or if both the first and second logos will end up scrapped altogether for this new one.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
In case someone is still wondering, this new logo is official and there will in fact be a re-brand soon - this time for real.

Here is a message I recieved recently from a person at Cartoon Network:

"We are, in fact, rebranding this year. Check us out Memorial Day weekend
for a sneak of it. I think you will enjoy it. We very purposefully set
out to get the fun back.
"

Just to add my opinion - I like the new looks very much and I think it will be an excellent mix of both the old and new. I think this particular rebrand will help the Network alot and I do have a feeling some older shows will be coming back or that the new style will be inspired alot by the Checkerboard and Powerhouse eras. In short - I can't wait! :)

JBFire

In case someone is still wondering, this new logo is official and there will in fact be a re-brand soon - this time for real.

out to get the fun back.
"

Just to add my opinion - I like the new looks very much and I think it will be an excellent mix of both the old and new. I think this particular rebrand will help the Network alot and I do have a feeling some older shows will be coming back or that the new style will be inspired alot by the Checkerboard and Powerhouse eras. In short - I can't wait! :)

If this is how it seems, I am indeed excited to see what they have in mind. Will be tuned in fo sho.

King Toon

out to get the fun back.
"

Holy crap, this should be sweet!!!!! I'll be sure to post this on my blog. :anime:

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
We very purposefully set
out to get the fun back."
Does that mean it will be a full-on cartoon channel again? Damn, I hope so.

I'm still skeptical on the new logo. Hope the rebrand is good.

Silver

out to get the fun back.
"

Yes! Finally, I've been waiting for a change! I hope the rebrand is good, I'll be sure to tune in this weekend.

King Toon

Does that mean it will be a full-on cartoon channel again? Damn, I hope so.

I'm still skeptical on the new logo. Hope the rebrand is good.
I like the Noods but this new thing with the "Coming Soon" bumpers are ugly as hell. Part of the words are cut off. As for the new logo, I'm really happy, the current one is really ugly in my opinion. As for a full-on cartoon channel, I doubt that'll happen when Memorial Day is dedicated to showing us sneak peaks on a CN live action show. ;)

JBFire

I like the Noods but this new thing with the "Coming Soon" bumpers are ugly as hell. Part of the words are cut off. As for the new logo, I'm really happy, the current one is really ugly in my opinion. As for a full-on cartoon channel, I doubt that'll happen when Memorial Day is dedicated to showing us sneak peaks on a CN live action show. ;)

Yeah I was going to say, they've been plugging the hell out of Unnatural History (I think it was called...). There's a snowball's chance in hell that we're going to get a 100% toon channel again anytime soon. I'll settle for 98% though for the time being.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
Checkerboard said:
out to get the fun back.
"

Too bad that they're not out to get the cartoons back. I kid...But seriously, I think that it's going to be a very cold day in a very hot place before CN becomes a 100% animation channel again, but as previously stated, as long as there's a 70/30 ratio of animated projects over non-animated ones, I'm willing to settle for that.

King Toon

Too bad that they're not out to get the cartoons back. I kid...But seriously, I think that it's going to be a very cold day in a very hot place before CN becomes a 100% animation channel again, but as previously stated, as long as there's a 70/30 ratio of animated projects over non-animated ones, I'm willing to settle for that.
Is Prepped still confirmed to air? Or was that canceled? And is Unnatural History still going to be an hour each episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Halloween, everyone!
Why "Powerpuff Girls Z" is not popular with the fans of the original 1998 show?
Happy Halloween from AJ Locascio. Here's a short he made.

Happy Halloween! And RIP Sir Sean Connery.