CN new logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chdr

My question is: Other than slightly different looking logo, what would a Cartoon Network re-brand entail? Toon has already become a general kids' entertainment channel primarily aimed at boys that has live action programming mixed with animation, so how else could Cartoon Network alter it's format in order to to re-brand itself?
If you think about it, the seeds have already been sown. Things are building up to a format change around the fall, with Adult Swim at 9pm and 15-minute comedies for teens/adults in primetime. There there was any time to debut a new logo, that would be it.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
If you think about it, the seeds have already been sown. Things are building up to a format change around the fall, with Adult Swim at 9pm and 15-minute comedies for teens/adults in primetime. There there was any time to debut a new logo, that would be it.

But how would that be a major event? The network's format has already been altered, and the proposed new logo that we've seen isn't even that different from the current one. A re-brand at this point would only be a major, newsworthy change if Turner were to remove the word 'cartoon' from the channels name (which would actually make sense, since then channel hasn't been 99.9% animation since 2006).

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
When a TV network rebrands, we usually don't know when it's going to happen until it happens. When we turn on Cartoon Network and notice a different logo and bumpers, then we'll know.

I think people tend to obsess over bumps, logos and packaging just a little, honestly. Cosmetic changes like that aren't really that important at the end of the day.

Well I would like to give the "cosmetic changes" more credit than that. Hell, the whole reason I tuned into Cartoon Network in the late 90s early 2000s on Friday was to watch the opening sequence for CCF! I stuck around to watch the rest, but still I remember never liking Dexter or Cow and Chicken that much- not as much as Ed, Edd, n Eddy at least- I was really more of a Nickelodeon kid to be completely honest. My point being that effective and entertaining "cosmetic changes" can boost ratings... at least to a degree you know?

Also I might add that (I think) terrible packaging, logo, bumps, etc. won't affect how somebody enjoys a network's show nor will that show's ratings drop simply because of packaging.

DecaTilde

Wish-making dog lover
I dunno if the network would officially accept this logo or not. I mean, the typeface isn't Eagle, though. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the network would accept it.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
I dunno if the network would officially accept this logo or not. I mean, the typeface isn't Eagle, though. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the network would accept it.

The network has already trademarked it. It just remains to be seen when or if they're going to do anything with it.

Master Toon

Maybe once it get approved, we'll finally see that full rebrand, which I'm guessing will be cartoon related in some way (since Snyder himself admitted that animation will always remain as the core of the network).

But that's not a declaration of using more animated programs. He said that while talking about adding live-action to the network.

You misunderstand. This is a logo that the network itself has come up with and is trademarking. When you trademark something it takes time to be approved.

thecoolone

Use as directed

Personally, I am not of fan of this logo. This does not look like a logo for a channel that wants to appeal to kids and hopefully before this gets introduced on air (if it does of course) they hopefully will tweak to make it look a little better.

This would look better.

chdr

Personally, I am not of fan of this logo. This does not look like a logo for a channel that wants to appeal to kids and hopefully before this gets introduced on air (if it does of course) they hopefully will tweak to make it look a little better.
Considering the font in that logo looks really close to Eagle, it would not surprise me if they change it to Eagle once it's officially used. Also note the trademark description ("The mark consists of white letter "c" in a square next to a black letter "n" with the words "cartoon network" underneath."). It doesn't specify the font used in the logo.

DecaTilde

Wish-making dog lover
Silverstar said:
The network has already trademarked it. It just remains to be seen when or if they're going to do anything with it.
Mister Toon said:
You misunderstand. This is a logo that the network itself has come up with and is trademarking. When you trademark something it takes time to be approved.
Silverstar, Mister Toon, thanks for letting me know a little more. And yes, I misunderstood, so gomennasai.:sweat:
As for thecoolone, I think it would look okay if the network officially kept the Eagle typeface for the logo.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
But that's not a declaration of using more animated programs. He said that while talking about adding live-action to the network.

I guess we'll never see CN become the next Disney channel at least... talking about Disney having only one cartoon still in production.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
umm Phineas and Kick Buttowski most of their animation goes over to disney xd

Ah, I completely forgot about Kick Buttowski... well about DXD anyways. My bad. Still though... I was only illustrating a point. Disney was a bad example, sort of, but whatever.

Dudley

Staff member
I have to wonder...why they do variations of the logo for the Upfronts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

A camera rip of the French version of the teaser for the Tom & Jerry movie has leaked. Character design and animation look fantastic. Only concern is slapstick looks a bit generic. This stuff is harder to do well than it looks
R.I.P. Marge Champion, who was the model for Disney's Snow White.
I love how she shows a fangirl side here.

Just checked True and The Rainbow Kingdom on Discovery Family... nope! No Netflix logo.
John Carpenter's Halloween debuted 42 years ago today.