CN is bringing back live-action programming.

JTOONSAnimation

Honestly I don't care if CN airs live-action shows, didn't care then, don't care now.

If MTV doesn't air music, History doesn't air history shows, IFC doesn't focus on independent films, Disney Channel doesn't only air Disney programming, then CN can air live-action, as long as animation is the focus.

Besides, it's either this or Cartoon Network cycling through the same 60 episodes of Teen Titans Go! (seriously why do they only rerun certain episodes) and The Amazing World of Gumball.

And looking at the dry year they had last year, they desperately need to try something new.

Last edited:

harry580

Honestly I don't care if CN airs live-action shows, didn't care then, don't care now.

If MTV doesn't air music, History doesn't air history shows, IFC doesn't focus on independent films, CN can air live-action, as long as animation is the focus.

Besides, it's either this or Cartoon Network cycling through the same 60 episodes of Teen Titans Go! (seriously why do they only rerun certain episodes) and The Amazing World of Gumball.

And looking at the dry year they had last year, they desperately need to try something new.
um, didn't you remember cn real?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Feel free to disagree but I'm actually fine with this.

Yes, I am aware that early attempts weren't good and that fans are saying that Cartoon Network should just stick to airing cartoons and cartoons only but not every live-action CN show was bad, not to mention that after they phased out said content, they still aired live-action films even to this day. If there was a choice between TTG overexposure and live-action content, I'd pick the latter.

Of course it doesn't help that the channel doesn't have a sister channel that could air this content but I feel like you guys are just doomsaying this just because it's live-action and even if it does indeed become part of the schedule, it doesn't mean that they won't stop airing cartoons, so I rather wait and see instead.

Last edited:

JTOONSAnimation

CN Real only failed because reality shows don't well with kids (look at Disney Channel), the only unscripted content that does well with kids are game shows.

Besides, I'm sure that the kids in these focus groups were just shown these live-action shows, and weren't told about which network it aired on. I've been in focus groups for different shows before and the network attached to it is rarely mentioned (so viewers don't create a bias).

And honestly, if the kids love these live-action shows, they're not gonna care if it airs on Cartoon Network, most of the people upset about this are out of their demographic. If you want Cartoon Network cartoons, just watch the ones on the channel and the ones exclusively on HBO Max.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
CN Real this, CN Real that. Ugh.

CN Real is overhated. Yes, those programs were stupid, but it was also very easy to ignore. The cartoons that premiered before and after CN Real started were all great. The Secret Saturdays, Batman: TBATB, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Chowder, Flapjack, Adventure Time, Total Drama, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and Generator Rex were all airing in 2009-2010 alongside CN Real. Was this REALLY a dark period? Are you guys REALLY sure about that? Did you guys really watch less CN than than in 2020? And if so, was that really CN's fault?

5YearsOnEastCoast

I agree late 2000s is overhated era of CN, though it still isn't my favorite era of CN. Though 1 strange thing I noticed, back when I was a kid, in late 2000s how there was a decreased number of originals and increased number of acquired programs. I mean I noticed that there were only like 3 original cartoons airing new episodes in 2008-2009 (Chowder, Flapjack and Ben 10), I thought that other CN cartoons ended a year before it, but no apparently. Like I was shocked to learn that FHFIF lasted until 2009. I thought that it's last episodes were in 2007. And I didn't know that Camp Lazlo and MGPAM had more than 3 seasons. I was shocked that Class of 3000 isn't a 1 season wonder. Their reruns disappeared from CN almost if not completely from CN. Or at least this happened in my country, though from what I heard, CN in USA had similar thing happening to it too.

SoundDestroyer

Setting new ways to follow
I defiantly agree with all of you.

Even if CN was in its Dark Ages, CN mostly shifted roots to much older audience, ESPECIALLY in 2010.
When it comes to this year, CN had a much higher rating for all of it's series that premiered this year.

harry580

I defiantly agree with all of you.

Even if CN was in its Dark Ages, CN mostly shifted roots to much older audience, ESPECIALLY in 2010.
When it comes to this year, CN had a much higher rating for all of it's series that premiered this year.
so maybe Cartoon Network wanna repeat history so that we get a revival decade again like 2010

and also if Cartoon Network can make a live action show again (like the doing)
I rather go with a live action show with animation/live-action hybrids like Roger Rabbit, live-action comic book shows like VR Troopers, shows with puppets and costumed characters like The Banana Splits and shows so wacky that they played like live-action cartoons like Aquabats or The Krofft Supershow, I think it could work so that way they have animation or cartoony effects

Action!

I'm not sure I'm going to like this. CN and live-action don't mix well.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
First they bring back a kids block, now live action. What's next? What A Cartoon Show and Moxy? I wouldn't mind. I will wait to see, but others have made some going points.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
It's true they had live action segments in the '90s... SGC2C, High Noon Toons, Big Bag, Adult Swim before it took off. Around the world the channel shared a slot with TNT. And they did rerun Goosebumps before CN Real was a thing.. So I guess they idea is not entirely alien to the network. But they should really do it carefully.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
It's true they had live action segments in the '90s... SGC2C, High Noon Toons, Big Bag, Adult Swim before it took off. Around the world the channel shared a slot with TNT. And they did rerun Goosebumps before CN Real was a thing.. So I guess they idea is not entirely alien to the network. But they should really do it carefully.

The difference between those 90s shows and the ones that aired in the mid-late 2000s was that they were either just segments (not a full show) or animated hybrids. The issue people have is when the shows are fully live-action.

Moe

Good luck but not fan of most children live action shows so not going bother to watch those, exception of nostalgic shows like All That, Kenan & Kel and Are You Afraid of the Dark?.

Of course, I'm hardcore cartoon fan.

I can tell that CN is doomed, in my opinion.

Moe

Cartoon Network is really doomed with the streaming services HBO Max around plus people can also watch cartoons anywhere on the internet.
There is reason about why I mentioned about in my opinion because some people got upset at my statement, especially my remark against on HBO Max over removal of most H-B cartoons by end of April and I believe it was move attempt by WarnerMedia to push the customers to sub or re-sub Boomerang streaming service because of declining numbers of subscribers. The real price for combination of HBO Max and Boomerang is $20 per month.

I stopped watch CN full time in late 2000s when CN Real launched but continued to watch Adult Swim until 2018.

Sadly, many cartoons outside of major streaming services aren't closed captioned, also some cartoons on TubiTV lacked the closed caption, especially cartoons that made and owned by Hasbro like Transformers and GI Joe. I'm born deaf that grew up in sign language so I need to have access to closed caption to understand about what shows are saying.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Don't forget 1999 CCF (before the cartoons hosting), Fridays, and Fried Dynamite.

The difference between those 90s shows and the ones that aired in the mid-late 2000s was that they were either just segments (not a full show) or animated hybrids. The issue people have is when the shows are fully live-action.

Exactly. Personally, I don't mind Cartoon Network doing live action stuff as long it had something to with animation, whatever be commercial segments or otherwise.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts