CN, Boomerang, and Adult Swim predictions for the 2020s

HomsarHomsar

I saw that there was a similar thread back in 2015 and I thought I'd make an update since we're about a year and a half away from 2020.
My predictions are:
-The only remaining 10's shows will be We Bare Bears, TTG, Steven Universe and Infinity Train
-TTG will end at some point in the next decade
-TTG will probably get a 2nd movie
-Infinity Train becomes the Gravity Falls of the 2020s
-Possible reboots of mid 90's to mid 00's toons like Ed Edd N Eddy, Foster's Home, and Dexter's Lab.
-Toonami on Adult Swim will outlast the original Toonami.
-TOM will get a new model.
-Rick and Morty will probably get a movie.
-Robot Chicken will probably last the entire decade.
-Due to cult followings shows like Moral Orel my get a reboot.
-Boomerang will become irrelevant due to the rebrand and streaming, it would be lucky to even make it to 2020.
-Miller will probably get replaced.
-10's shows will get reruns but will slowly phase out. I guess that the only reruns airing in 2029 will be TTG and Gumball.

Markus Nelis

- Gumball, Teen Titans Go, Steven Universe, PPG 2016 and We Bare Bears finished
- 12 shows will premiere
- 15 movies will premiere
- New president
- Linear channel shut down by 2030
- CN becomes fully streaming service after channel shut down
These are my predictions

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
1992 Betty Cohen
2001 Jim Samples
2007 Stuart Snyder
2014 Christina Miller

Somewhere between 2020 and 2023, Cartoon Network will get a new president and the network will change completely yet again.

The channel will eventually shut down somewhere in the next decade. (perhaps 2030 like Markus Nelis said) They will focus entirely on their app or some streaming service.

I wonder how long Steven Universe and We Bare Bears will last.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It's possible the linear channel shuts down prior to 2025, in my opinion.

-Toonami on Adult Swim will outlast the original Toonami.

Original Toonami was on the air from March 1997 to September 2008. 11 and 1/2 years.

So "Neo-Toonami" (which started in April 2012) needs to last until October of 2023 to beat that. I think they can likely pull that off. But maybe close down the linear cable broadcast after that (at the end of 2023) and just go all digital. ;)

SparkleMan

•TTG will come to a close by 2022
•Gumball premieres won’t make it to 2020
•Infinity Train will become the new Steven Universe
•Steven Universe will be on hiatus until 2026
•Just kidding, it’ll probably end in 2020
•Reboots of EE&E, Dexter’s Lab, and possibly KND
•The linear channel will shut down by 2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
-Infinity Train will be the AT/SU of the decade
-Steven Universe will wrap-up between late 2020-mid 2021
-OK KO will stay around till the middle of the decade (hopefully)
-Craig Of The Creek, Victor & Valentino and Unikitty will all get new eps till at least 2022-2023
-Amazing World of Gumball will end in 2020
-We Bare Bears will have new Eps till 2022-2023 as well
-Unikitty will be like TTG and last at least 6 seasons and a movie
-Teen Titans Go will wrap-up within the first half of the decade
-They will stop getting WBA & third party shows completly but will get more kids movies (animated & live action) to air
-Warner Bros. Animation shows will only go to the Boomerang Network & App from now on or [Adult Swim] if its stuff like Mike Tyson Mysteries
-Family Guy will stay on at least a couple years after the D/F Merger as Will Bob's Burgers but both will probably leave between 2023-2025, which might prompt AS to revive or green-light more original series.
-They'll try to make at least one action cartoon again but it'll only get 2-3 seasons at best.
-Thundercats Roar will be a success like TTG before it despite the hatebase and last a solid 3-4 seasons and get a direct to TV/Video movie like Regular Show & Steven Universe got/are getting.
-Cartoon Network might try to do a Nick Jr. Style block again, but this time on Sunday mornings and air the cheapest to acquire shows they can find.

GiantWaffle

An EEnE obviously won't be happening anytime soon, as the creator debunked the rumor of a reboot happening this year, so he's probably done with the franchise as a whole.

That aside here are my predictions:

- Pretty much every show currently airing new episodes will be ending by this decade, and reruns will move to Boomerang.
- The only shows to be airing new episodes will be Victor, Infinity Train, Summer Camp Island, and Steven Universe (ugh).
- SU will surpass Ed, Edd 'n Eddy as CN's longest running original.
- SU will probably get a theatrical movie as well.
- Boomerang will probably start airing reruns of Gym Partner, Lazlo, Puffy, Squirrel Boy, Juniper Lee, and even the most hated shows like SMFA and Problem Solverz due to their nostalgia catering and their demographic getting older by then.
- The Venture Bros. will be gone by then.
- ATHF might get revived due to its cult following.
- AS will eventually lose the rights to all Fox acquisitions.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
- SU will probably get a theatrical movie as well.
SU is actually getting a movie, even though it won't be theatrical.

Also, I don't think the linear CN channel will get shut down in the near future. It would just find a new home, besides satellite, when cable ceases operations, perhaps via internet transmission/live streaming (on computers, smartphones, TV-based services like DirecTV NOW, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, PlayStation Vue, etc.).

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
-The Boomerang streaming service will be turned into a Cartoon Network streaming service and and have CN's programming library added to it.
-Infinity Train will reach early-to-mid-2010's Adventure Time level of popularity.
-Every show currently running will end.
-New president, resulting in yet another drastic change for the network.
-CN will focus on older audiences again due to Infinity Train's success.
-Galactic Kids Next Door will get the greenlight.
-The linear channel WON'T shut down.

Asa

- Christina Miller steps down as president of CN in early 2020's.
- CN possibly concludes it's run of the Total Drama franchise.
- all Sydner era shows would have ended at this point.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Prediction: I will probably die of a heart attack midway through the decade.

Seriously, I'm JUST old and unhealthy enough to not be fussed about the long term future of stuff like that.

Here is some good advice to the younger board members. Don't age. You'll be happier if you don't.

SourSweetGone

Prediction: I will probably die of a heart attack midway through the decade.

Seriously, I'm JUST old and unhealthy enough to not be fussed about the long term future of stuff like that.

Here is some good advice to the younger board members. Don't age. You'll be happier if you don't.

Well I sincerely hope that does not happen to you. But I understand i'll be transistioning from my 20's to 30's in the next couple of years and I have days where I feel like i'm twice my age, it's no fun. Hopefully they'll find a way to fix that soon XD. *Though personally i'm more worried of the Doomsday Clock reaching midnight then I am anything else, though I too need to take better care of my physical health.*

Honestly my only sincere hope for the next decade is at least one cartoon from this decade lasts at least midway through the next one. It can be Gumball, Steven, Craig, OK KO, We Bare Bears, heck even TTG, I just want at least one of my animated friends to stay will me awhile longer.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Doomsday Clock situation sucks. We are so screwed. But yeah, stuff like that is why I can't bring myself to worry about network schedules that far ahead in the future. It's actually kind of scary.

SourSweetGone

The Doomsday Clock situation sucks. We are so screwed. But yeah, stuff like that is why I can't bring myself to worry about network schedules that far ahead in the future. It's actually kind of scary.

Amen, it stinks the few at least half-way sane individuals like ourselves have to potentially suffer cause the inmates are running the asylum so to speak.

But on the bright side, to quote the why-wolves from Adventure Time "It'll be a pretty fun ride up unto that point."

Tommypezmaster

My Predictions:
-Cloudy w/ A Chance of Meatballs' failure will be similar to Adult Party Cartoon's failure on Spike TV and the reason why CN won't acquire any more Canadian shows from YTV or Corus Entertainment in the future.
-A lack of movies on CN means CN will retire from doing another movie block.
-Teen Titans Go air less and will end
-Most of CN and Boomerang's programming will be 98%
- We Bare Bears, Ok KO, Summer Camp Island and Infinite Train will be as popular as Adventure Time and Steven Universe
-Boomerang will be a channel dedicated to the Warner Brothers productions.
-Mr. Pickles will be Adult Swim's next long running program as well as the block's official mascot and rivaling Rick and Morty's popularity.

Last edited:

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

My Predictions:
-Cloudy w/ A Chance of Meatballs' failure will be similar to Adult Party Cartoon's failure on Spike TV and the reason why CN won't acquire any more Canadian shows from YTV or Corus Entertainment in the future.
-Most of CN and Boomerang's programming will be 98%
- We Bare Bears, Ok KO, Summer Camp Island and Infinite Train will be as popular as Adventure Time and Steven Universe

-CN is about air a show a show that was partially made by Corus Entertainment called "Total DramaRama" so this prediction won't happen.
-What do you mean by this?
-Highly doubt it. If they didn't become that popular already, then they definitely won't become that popular in the future.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
-CN is about air a show a show that was partially made by Corus Entertainment called "Total DramaRama" so this prediction won't happen
Total DramaRama could be the last Total Drama series or even the last Canadian acquisition on CN. Franchises sometimes go in hibernation after a baby / kiddie version.
-Highly doubt it. If they didn't become that popular already, then they definitely won't become that popular in the future.
Infinity Train will probably get very popular. WBB definitely not. (even though I think it's the best original currently together with Steven Universe and perhaps Craig of the Creek, which I haven't seen yet)

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Total DramaRama could be the last Total Drama series or even the last Canadian acquisition on CN. Franchises sometimes go in hibernation after a baby / kiddie version.

Infinity Train will probably get very popular. WBB definitely not. (even though I think it's the best original currently together with Steven Universe and perhaps Craig of the Creek, which I haven't seen yet)

Could be. Could be not. Who knows. Still doesn't change the fact that CN will air a show made by Corus Entertainment next month.

No doubt Infinity Train will be very popular, but I just can't see shows like We Bare Bears, Ok KO and Summer Camp Island reaching AT and SU's level of popularity. We Bare Bears is at its 4th season right now and it's still nowhere near as popular as SU and AT, and barely anyone talks about Ok KO and Summer Camp Island.

Asa

Total DramaRama could be the last Total Drama series or even the last Canadian acquisition on CN.
If it ends up becoming the last series airing on CN, then the Fresh staff should try to find the Total Drama franchise a new home. I wonder what they would react about CN no longer airing anything TD related after Dramarama.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts