Close Enough Talkback

VG_Addict

Close Enough, the upcoming cartoon from JG Quintel, is now an HBO Max Original, and will come out July 9th.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Edited the thread title to differentiate it more easily from the news and discussion thread.

zoombie

How was this ever consider for Cartoon Network. This way more Adult Swim than Cartoon Network.

I liked it though.

SweetShop209

How was this ever consider for Cartoon Network. This way more Adult Swim than Cartoon Network.

I liked it though.
It's a co-production between Cartoon Network and TBS, hence the adult nature. It's not like this is the first time Cartoon Network had a collaboration with an adult animation network (both Samurai Jack season 5 and Black Dynamite were produced between Cartoon Network and Adult Swim) .

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Well I waited 3 years but it’s here. Close Enough is the reason I subscribed to HBO Max aside from Jellystone because Regular Show was my favorite CN show throughout the 2010’s. So I was thrilled J.G. Quintel was doing another show. I actually saw a Regular Show prototype short on YouTube in 2011 called 2 in the AM PM which has Mordecai and Benson and it was more adult than the show. Josh in Close Enough has a striking resemblance to the guy in 2 in the AM PM.

So about the show itself, Close Enough has sex jokes, pop culture references, and all the main characters are human as opposed to animals and inanimate objects, but it still has its surreal conflicts like Regular Show had. Some random thoughts on some of the episodes. I can tell this show was supposed to come out in 2018 given the references to Fidget Spinners and Pokémon GO. Regular Show featured some parodies of actual people like Billy Mitchell but more celebrities appear like David Hasslehoff and Jim Carrey. As for the last episode Canine Guy, Disney should take notes and use actual mutated animals for their live action films and not photorealistic CGI. No I’m kidding.

So yeah overall Close Enough is my new favorite adult cartoon and I look forward to more.

TheMisterManGuy

I liked it though.
Cartoon Network Studios doesn't just develop shows for its namesake network. Close Enough was originally being made for TBS, and they've worked with Adult Swim several times before.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts