Close Enough Talkback

Latest News & Videos

VG_Addict

Mar 28, 2013
Close Enough, the upcoming cartoon from JG Quintel, is now an HBO Max Original, and will come out July 9th.

Last edited:

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
How was this ever consider for Cartoon Network. This way more Adult Swim than Cartoon Network.

I liked it though.

Reactions: Zanneck

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
How was this ever consider for Cartoon Network. This way more Adult Swim than Cartoon Network.

I liked it though.
It's a co-production between Cartoon Network and TBS, hence the adult nature. It's not like this is the first time Cartoon Network had a collaboration with an adult animation network (both Samurai Jack season 5 and Black Dynamite were produced between Cartoon Network and Adult Swim) .

Reactions: Perla Magica

TheJLeeTeam

Keldeo is best Pony
Sep 9, 2018
USA
Well I waited 3 years but it’s here. Close Enough is the reason I subscribed to HBO Max aside from Jellystone because Regular Show was my favorite CN show throughout the 2010’s. So I was thrilled J.G. Quintel was doing another show. I actually saw a Regular Show prototype short on YouTube in 2011 called 2 in the AM PM which has Mordecai and Benson and it was more adult than the show. Josh in Close Enough has a striking resemblance to the guy in 2 in the AM PM.

So about the show itself, Close Enough has sex jokes, pop culture references, and all the main characters are human as opposed to animals and inanimate objects, but it still has its surreal conflicts like Regular Show had. Some random thoughts on some of the episodes. I can tell this show was supposed to come out in 2018 given the references to Fidget Spinners and Pokémon GO. Regular Show featured some parodies of actual people like Billy Mitchell but more celebrities appear like David Hasslehoff and Jim Carrey. As for the last episode Canine Guy, Disney should take notes and use actual mutated animals for their live action films and not photorealistic CGI. No I’m kidding.

So yeah overall Close Enough is my new favorite adult cartoon and I look forward to more.

Reactions: Zanneck

TheMisterManGuy

Oct 23, 2014

I liked it though.
Cartoon Network Studios doesn't just develop shows for its namesake network. Close Enough was originally being made for TBS, and they've worked with Adult Swim several times before.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, we have a tie here, with "Into The Hundred Acre Wood" and "Quack Pack" getting 2 votes each. I'll be tiebreaker. I pick Quack Pack. Now we have the last matchup of round 4, which is between "Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars" and "Scooby Doo And Batman: The Brave And The Bold".

The History of Comedy Central goes back to November 15, 1989 when HBO's (Time, Inc/Time Warner's) "The Comedy Channel" launched, and on April 1, 1990, Viacom launched "HA! TV Comedy Network" The two channels would merge on April 1, 1991 to form "CTV: The Comedy Network", then on June 1, 1991 it was renamed to Comedy Central, with TimeWarner and Viacom having both a 50% share.
Great Product Placements in American Syndicated Television part 1357: A&W (however the cream soda), season 4 of Baywatch:
Apparently Mordecai has an account on Discord.
Make sure you check my channel idea, Toonverse! Go to make your own channel thread for more details!!