"Close Enough" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I'm not all that excited as the other person, as it felt like it was dragged painfully with development and schedule delays. To think that it was a better choice to land it on a newly-established streaming service than to run on a network (like TBS), who's inexperienced on animation, as it would've suffered badly like how Tarantula suffered.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Orange Mo

orangemo
I'm not all that excited as the other person, as it felt like it was dragged painfully with development and schedule delays. To think that it was a better choice to land it on a newly-established streaming service than to run on a network (like TBS), who's inexperienced on animation, as it would've suffered badly like how Tarantula suffered.

I agree it should have been on Adult Swim original but able to stream on HBO Max as well.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm glad it's finally coming out and the wait had better be worth it. Only because I care and care about it being a quality product, if we had to wait that long, admittedly enough.

Orange Mo

orangemo
I'm glad it's finally coming out and the wait had better be worth it. Only because I care and care about it being a quality product, if we had to wait that long, admittedly enough.

Honestly I'm not a fan of 11 minute formats so that's why I'm not so excited for it. Plus Regular Show got old pretty quick so if this is just an adult Regular Show, I'm likely gonna pass after season 1 if it stays like that.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Honestly I'm not a fan of 11 minute formats so that's why I'm not so excited for it. Plus Regular Show got old pretty quick so if this is just an adult Regular Show, I'm likely gonna pass after season 1 if it stays like that.
Well, you have others like Tig N Seek or The Fungies, although the former might be....somewhat interesting....but as the latter....ehn..not so much.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Well, you have others like Tig N Seek or The Fungies, although the former might be....somewhat interesting....but as the latter....ehn..not so much.

I don't think any of those are adult animated sitcoms though. Likely gonna pass until it gets hyped and then maybe I'll check it out.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Finally a release date after anticipating Close Enough since it was first announced 3 years ago. I don’t expect to like it as much as Regular Show which was my favorite CN show in the 10’s but this is one of my most anticipated shows.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Taken note, the (HBO MAX) service haven't started in that region yet. So there's a reason to this.

Yes but also it might air on cable and also be able to stream. This makes me wonder if Close Enough will air reruns on TBS and Adult Swim since they’re losing Family Guy next year.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think that maybe Paramount plans on having their removed shows put on some other streaming service like Netflix.
The good thing for Big Nate is that it's a successful daily comic strip first, and a book series, so Paramount's horribleness still doesn't mean people can't enjoy it in other forms.
Happy 9th Anniversary, Harvey Beaks.
Unpopular opinion: I really hope The Animation Guild does goes on strike soon. I'm so tired of seeing the animation industry getting screwed over by greedy companies for far too long.

I don't care what anybody says, it's time for the union to fight back.
Happy Good Friday!

Featured Posts