"Close Enough" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Kevin Mo

orangemo
After seeing almost every episode out so far...... I can happily and confidently say that this truly is the successor to Regular Show we've been waiting for, that much I can happily agree with. I just hope they don't overdo it on references and vulgarity in later seasons - because so far, they have the right amount of those things and plenty of actual sincere and thoughtful moments to help keep things balanced. Kinda like a more zany Bob's Burgers, but it's still it's own thing and good at it (again - so far), honestly.
It’s better than that freaking trash Crossing Swords show. And this show keeps things balanced and fun.

Radiant97

boi
Feb 3, 2018
The Darkest Timeline
I finished the first season a few days ago, and I really liked it. It managed to be everything I expected from an adult Regular Show without being too derivative thanks to its more grounded stories that felt more real and relatable to adults. You're not trying to eat a sandwich that can kill you because you can, you just want your daughter to turn in her assignment in time. There's a lot of zany things happening akin to Regular Show, but they never really took away from the more heartfelt moments. I liked the main characters and I'm glad they took the time to flesh out Alex and Bridgette a bit so that they're not just the odd couple that tag along with Josh and Emily.

In conclusion, Close Enough is off to a great start and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Last edited:

Kevin Mo

orangemo
I finished the first season a few days ago, and I really liked it. It managed to be everything I expected from an adult Regular Show without being too derivative thanks to its more grounded stories that felt more real and relatable to adults. You're not trying to eat a sandwich that can kill you because you can, you just want your daughter to turn in her assignment in time. There's a lot of zany things happening akin to Regular Show, but they never really took away from the more heartfelt moments. I liked the main characters and I'm glad they took the time to flesh out Alex and Bridgette a bit so that they're not just the odd couple that tag along with Josh and Emily.

In conclusion, Close Enough is off to a great start and I'm looking forward to season 2.
I noticed cause your profile picture is Bridgette. You must have really liked it. The show was quietly renewed before it aired so we’ll definitely be seeing more.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Sep 6, 2013
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
Well, the series seems to be pretty cool. 3 episodes left me to watch the Season 1, but I can tell that the series has potential.
I really liked similarities between Josh and Mordecai (a good reference to Regular Show), in which both like playing games, but what is more Josh invented more games, for which he hasn't earned money.
Prank War - I wish JG could reuse the potential of the "Prank Caller" from Season 1 of Regular Show, but the episode seemed to be very nice.
And Randy - Oogh, Death Kwon-Do Master, I know what you did before you started your own sandwich business ;)

Reactions: Kevin Mo

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Sep 6, 2013
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
In the final episode of Season 1 of Close Enough, Emily and Bridgette sing a song to the melody of "What is Love?" performed by Haddaway.
Nice referrence to the real life songs like on RS. I wonder only whether Mr. Quintel will use more real life songs on Close Enough.

Reactions: Perla Magica

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Jul 29, 2016
Poland (Europe)
In the final episode of Season 1 of Close Enough, Emily and Bridgette sing a song to the melody of "What is Love?" performed by Haddaway.
Nice referrence to the real life songs like on RS. I wonder only whether Mr. Quintel will use more real life songs on Close Enough.
Don't forget that "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds was used in the season one finale (which was also used in RS episode "Fuzzy Dice").

Reactions: NewBogus :)

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Well in reaction to this panel and finding out Jessica is a new mom, I think a great idea for an episode would be a flash forward episode in which adult Candice is raising a kid. Doesn't have to be canon, though I would prefer it just an unexplained flash forward, and we just have them time for time, but it could just be a dream or a virtual re enactment that Josh and Emily have.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Okay I forgot it. Regardless what do you think of a flash forward episode? You could do some fun sci fi stuff.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Wow someone actually replied to my failed logo thread...
Kat Hudson's Twitter account was hacked. As such, she started a new account (KatHudsonArt).

Matt Vogel's podcast sounds like a lot of fun just from this sound clip.

Marge Simpson is trending on Twitter. I won't say why, though.
I wonder if the mid 30's Fleischer cartoons with the 3d backgrounds with 2d characters was an inspiration for Paper Mario