"Close Enough" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

NeoplanDan

Avid SEPTA Transit Fan
Apr 24, 2016
Ratings
1,408 9
Philadelphia PA
cricketgreens.tumblr.com
For those who know J.G. Quintel, the creator of Regular Show, the show that ended In January, has created a new animated series for TBS called Close Enough, a collaboration work between Cartoon Network Studios and also Studio T.

This is reported from Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...wen-wilson-star-tbs-comedic-anthology-1004527

The network has also ordered 13 episodes of Close Enough, a new animated series from Regular Show creator J.G. Quintel. The surreal comedy about a family growing up without getting old — which is set to debut next year — marks the first collaboration between Cartoon Network Studios and Studio T, both divisions of Turner.

Close Enough is a surreal take on transitioning from 20-something to 30-something. The show centers on a married couple juggling such every day challenges as parenthood, friendship, ham theft, stripper clowns and choosing the right day care. "We couldn't be more excited to add one of animation's most impressive and popular voices, J.G.Quintel, to our growing slate of animated series," added Weitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/I][/I]

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Ratings
496 2
For those who know J.G. Quintel, the creator of Regular Show that ended January, has created a new animated series on TBS called Close Enough, a collaboration work between Cartoon Network Studios and also Studio T.

This is reported from Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...wen-wilson-star-tbs-comedic-anthology-1004527

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/I][/I]
It will be the first Cartoon Network Studios produced animated show to air on TBS.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Ratings
496 2
I think it's more like CN Studio's first collaboration with an company associated with the parent company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not entiretly true since CN Studios did co-produce some shows with Williams Street, which is Adult Swim's main animation studios, with the most recent being season five of Samurai Jack.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Jun 10, 2016
Ratings
505 9
Wow that's cool. I was a huge fan of Regular Show (especially for it's first four seasons) so it's cool that Quintel will be working on another show. Now that it's on an adult network, Quintel would probably get away with more humor just like the 2 AM short, and the first season of Regular Show. I wonder if it will get reruns on Adult Swim.

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,792 10
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
I don't know. As happy as I am to hear about these guys finding more work, Regular Show feeling more restrained and intelligently handled enough with its (adult) humor is what made it such a High Tier show (minus the romantic plot-tumors that prevent it from me ranking it higher!), IMHO. Without those proper restraints in place, I have my doubts this'll even come close to Regular Show's greatness (IMHO), unless they've got some good writers already picked out who can prove me wrong.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Ratings
640 11
Earth Two
I think it's more like CN Studio's first collaboration with an company associated with the parent company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope, CN Studios worked with Williams Street several times (Harvey Birdman, Korgoth, Black Dynamite, Samurai Jack Season 5).

Nice to see the studio doing more non CN shows.

BlooMac

Mar 2, 2009
Ratings
1,074 7
Bulgaria
Nope, CN Studios worked with Williams Street several times (Harvey Birdman, Korgoth, Black Dynamite, Samurai Jack Season 5).

Nice to see the studio doing more non CN shows.
Adult Swim and Williams Street are part of The Cartoon Network Inc., so this is the first time Cartoon Network Studios has made a show for a non-CN company.

As a huge fan of Regular Show, I'm really looking forward to this and I'm hoping we see more adult CN Studios series.

BlooMac

Mar 2, 2009
Ratings
1,074 7
Bulgaria
I know TBS is part of Turner, I meant it's not part of the CN devision that includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim. Adult Swim is treated separately, but everything they own is registered under Cartoon Network.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
705 4
mattdeanart.com
I just saw JG Quintel post the news via Twitter. Good for him! Regular Show was always an Adult Swim Lite show from the beginning, so I'm glad he gets to fully embrace that sensibility on TBS. Between Black Dynamite S2, Samurai Jack S5 and this, it's also great to see more non channel specific output from the CN Studios.

At least it didn't take Quintel too long to find a new work once Regular Show ended.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?