Classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows and Specials on DVD

Jermaine Mack

I know I saw it on TV Shows on DVD Website but they already release these Classic Hanna-Barbera Releases that the Warner Archive People are trying to add on DVD like

Devlin: The Complete Series
Where's Huddles: The Complete Series
The New Adventures of Huck Finn: The Complete Series

and I'm still waiting for all of these Classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows and Specials to be release on DVD in the following years to come like

The Ruff & Reddy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1957-1960)
The Quick Draw McGraw Show (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication/CBS-TV 1959-1962)
Wally Gator/Touche' Turtle/Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1962-1963)
The Peter Potamus Show (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication/ABC-TV 1964-1965)
The Abbott & Costello Cartoon Show (Hanna-Barbera/RKO-Jomar/Syndication 1967-1968)
Fantastic Four (Hanna-Barbera/ABC-TV 1967-1968)
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1972-1973)
Casper and the Angels (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979-1980)
Fred & Barney Meet the Thing (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979)
The New Shmoo (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979)
The Flintstone Comedy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1980-1982)
The Kwicky Koala Show (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1981-1982)
Trollkins (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1981-1982)
The Popeye and Olive Comedy Show (Hanna-Barbera/King Features/CBS-TV 1981-1983)
Heathcliff & Marmaduke (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
Goldie Gold and Action Jack (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
The Gary Coleman Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1982-1983)
The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982)
The Biskitts (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1983-1984)
Rubik, the Amazing Cube (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
The Puppy's Further Adventures (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show (Hanna-Barbera/ABC-TV 1983-1984)

Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Specials like
The Count of Monte Cristo (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1973)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1973)
Davy Crockett on the Mississippi (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1975)
The Last of the Mohicans (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1975)
Five Weeks in a Balloon (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1977)
Black Beauty (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1978)
Gulliver's Travels (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1979)
The Harlem Globetrotters Meet Snow White (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1980)
Yabba Dabba Doo! The Happy World of Hanna-Barbera hosted by Gene Kelly (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1977)
Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Revue hosted by Roy Clark and Bonnie Franklin (deFaria Productions/Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1978)
The Hanna-Barbera Hall of Fame: Yabba Dabba Doo 2 hosted by Bill Bixby (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1979)
The Popeye Valentine Special (Hanna-Barbera/King Features/CBS-TV 1979)
The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1978)
The Puppy's Great Adventure (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Puppy's Amazing Rescue (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1980)
The Puppy Saves the Circus (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981)
Weep No More, My Lady (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Horse That Played Centerfield (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Incredible Detectives (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Trouble with Miss Switch (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1980)
Scruffy (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1980)
Bunnicula, the Vampire Rabbit (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982)
Miss Switch to the Rescue (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982)
The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera Arena Show hosted by Michael Landon (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1981)
The Pac-Man Halloween Special (Hanna-Barbera/ABC-TV 1982)
My Smurfy Valentine (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1983)
The Smurfs Halloween (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1983)
Bad Cat (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1984)
Hanna-Barbera's 50'th Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration hosted by Tony Danza and Annie Potts (Marshall Flaum Productions/Hanna-Barbera/TNT 1989)

and that's why I want them to be on DVD in the following years to come when the Warner Archive People will find out about adding these brand new titles!

Dennnis Toppenberg

I honestly doubt that WB will release the Fantastic Four 1967 cartoon on DVD, since most of the Marvel library is owned by Disney, in which it makes sense to release it on DVD.

Ironically is indeed produced by HB, which most of its catalog is owned by Time Warner, which also owns Marvel's arch-rival DC.

The Kwicky Koala Show is being released soon through Warner Archive. Initially, the first episode of this 1981 CBS series had been released on DVD on the compilation Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s, Volume 1.

That was Tex Avery's last cartoon series that he had actually created and story edited (he was also a story editor on The Flintstone Comedy Show, meaning the 1980 NBC series, as well as being the song sequence director alongside Chuck Couch and Tom Yakutis on the two 1979 Casper specials for H-B, both also originally seen on NBC: Casper's Halloween Special and Casper's First Christmas); he sadly passed away shortly after production began.

~Ben

Jermaine Mack

I heard that Warner Archive is adding two new Classic Hanna-Barbera Titles on DVD like

The Kwicky Koala Show: The Complete Series
The Peter Potamus Show: The Complete Series

but in the following years to come I'm still waiting for more of these Classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows and Specials that the Warner Archive People will add more of these brand new titles from Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears that needed to be release on DVD in the following years to come like

The Ruff & Reddy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1957-1960)
The Quick Draw McGraw Show (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication/CBS-TV 1959-1962)
Wally Gator/Touche' Turtle/Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1962-1963)
The Abbott & Costello Cartoon Show (Hanna-Barbera/RKO-Jomar/Syndication 1967-1968)
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1972-1973)
Casper and the Angels (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979-1980)
Fred & Barney Meet the Thing (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979)
The New Shmoo (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979)
The Flintstone Comedy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1980-1982)
Trollkins (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1981-1982)
The Popeye and Olive Comedy Show (Hanna-Barbera/King Features/CBS-TV 1981-1983)
Heathcliff & Marmaduke (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
Goldie Gold and Action Jack (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
The Gary Coleman Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1982-1983)
The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982)
The Biskitts (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1983-1984)
Rubik, the Amazing Cube (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
The Puppy's Further Adventures (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show (Hanna-Barbera/ABC-TV 1983-1984)

Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Specials like
The Count of Monte Cristo (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1973)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1973)
Davy Crockett on the Mississippi (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1975)
The Last of the Mohicans (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1975)
Five Weeks in a Balloon (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1977)
Black Beauty (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1978)
Gulliver's Travels (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1979)
The Harlem Globetrotters Meet Snow White (Hanna-Barbera/Syndication 1980)
Yabba Dabba Doo! The Happy World of Hanna-Barbera hosted by Gene Kelly (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1977)
Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Revue hosted by Roy Clark and Bonnie Franklin (deFaria Productions/Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1978)
The Hanna-Barbera Hall of Fame: Yabba Dabba Doo 2 hosted by Bill Bixby (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1979)
The Popeye Valentine Special (Hanna-Barbera/King Features/CBS-TV 1979)
The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1978)
The Puppy's Great Adventure (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Puppy's Amazing Rescue (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1980)
The Puppy Saves the Circus (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981)
Weep No More, My Lady (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Horse That Played Centerfield (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Incredible Detectives (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1979)
The Trouble with Miss Switch (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1980)
Scruffy (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1980)
Bunnicula, the Vampire Rabbit (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982)
Miss Switch to the Rescue (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982)
The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera Arena Show hosted by Michael Landon (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1981)
The Pac-Man Halloween Special (Hanna-Barbera/ABC-TV 1982)
My Smurfy Valentine (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1983)
The Smurfs Halloween (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1983)
Bad Cat (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1984)
Hanna-Barbera's 50'th Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration hosted by Tony Danza and Annie Potts (Marshall Flaum Productions/Hanna-Barbera/TNT 1989)

and that's why I would like to get back to my childhood days because I really want more of these Classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows and Specials that needed to release on DVD in the following years to come when the Warner Archive People will find out very soon about adding these brand new titles from Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears because I'm a big fan of them!

hobbyfan

Jermaine, dude, you don't have to rehash the list every time you want to start a thread. We get it, because a lot of us have the same wishes & dreams.

FWIW, though, I'd not recommend the Thundarr DVD or any other Ruby-Spears series that has been labeled under "Hanna-Barbera Classic Collection". The R-S & Filmways logos have been buried under the mid-90's H-B logos.

Mandouga

I would personally be interested in seeing Wildfire (CBS; 1986) and Turbo Teen (ABC; 1984).

As for Thundarr, etc., I didn't know it as that bad. I knew they were (mis)labled as being part of the Hanna-Barbera Classic Collection, but I honestly didn't think they went that far. I'm also thinking that Lazer Tag Academy (NBC; 1986) might be out of the question because of cross-ownership (Hasbro owns the rights to Worlds of Wonder's Lazer Tag, specifically*, and Saban once released a syndicated rerun version called "Laser Patrol", so Disney might fit in there somewhere).

*I say "specifically" because "laser tag" is also a generic name for the game itself.

DisneyFan101

Would be nice to see the complete series of Alvin and the Chipmunks either on DVD, Blu-ray or Digital.

hobbyfan

Part of the reason the 80's Alvin & the Chipmunks hasn't seen a full DVD release may be because of rights issues pertaining to the music used on the show (the covers performed by the Chipmunks).

superdude

king of cool
The three I really want to see...
All-New Popeye Hour (CBS)
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (CBS)
The Flintstone Comedy Show (NBC)

Mandouga

The All-New Popeye Hour (well, the Popeye part, anyway) comes from Hearst Entertainment. Then again, Warner Archive DID release one volume of the Al Brodax era Popeye shorts (which Hearst also owns), so anything is possible...

Incidentally, the Al Brodax shorts ("Classic Popeye"), All New Popeye ("Popeye: The Continuing Adventures"), and Popeye and Son can be seen on Amazon for free (as of this writing, anyway).

superdude

king of cool
^^^Cool, just complete Flintstones and I'll be a happy camper. I have most of TNF&BS and the 1980 specials from YT.

The All-New Popeye Hour (well, the Popeye part, anyway) comes from Hearst Entertainment. Then again, Warner Archive DID release one volume of the Al Brodax era Popeye shorts (which Hearst also owns), so anything is possible...

Incidentally, the Al Brodax shorts ("Classic Popeye"), All New Popeye ("Popeye: The Continuing Adventures"), and Popeye and Son can be seen on Amazon for free (as of this writing, anyway).

I don't have Prime, it doesn't interest me.

Mandouga

It's part of Prime, but you can actually watch them for free. That is, you don't actually need Prime to watch it (it will appear as "free with ads"). I've already finished Classic Popeye.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts