Classic Cartoons on TV (in the world)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
562 8
Italy
I wanted to make this thread because I have some kind of trouble keeping up with all these channels airing theatrical cartoons around the world, and I’d like to know if there are more.

These are the ones I know:

-Italy

Italia 1: they have the rights to the whole Warner Bros library right now. They aired Looney Tunes a lot in the last 3 years but now they have only Tom and Jerry in the schedule. They also aired Popeye shorts last year, while we haven’t seen Walter Lantz shorts in over a decade.

Boomerang: they have a very low variety of Looney Tunes and no one shots, but something rare comes out sometimes. They only air classics during big marathons unfortunately.

-Topolino channel: it’s an yearly pop up channel by Disney Channel with classic Disney shorts. Unfortunately they have a very low variety, with only one B&W cartoon showing up.

-Rai 2: only Disney shorts on winter holidays, but they have a very good variety. This being the public broadcaster aired pretty much everything in the past. They apparently lost the rights to the WB library, but I hope they’ll get them again one day.

-Switzerland

RSI La 1: classic WB and MGM shorts every weekend on a dedicated block. They have almost the whole library and no censorship at all, but they apparently buy only a few shorts at time and re air them. Probably the best source in Europe.

-France

Boomerang: only source for classics in France apparently. They have good variety (even though it got worse) but the censorship kinda ruined everything.

-Poland

Puls 2: they don’t have them in the schedule right now, but they pop up very often. They air Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry. They have a very good variety of cartoons from the a.a.p. package, but no English track.

-Slovakia

Markiza: I didn’t know about this until a while ago. This channel is fully owned by WB, but way better than any Boomerang. They have no censorship and an huge variety compared to Italia 1. Very recommended.

-Brazil

SBT: they have a saturday block. No theatricals right now, but they usually show up very often. They aired MGM, WB, Walter Lantz and even Disney shorts.

Tooncast: the best channel. Ever. Period. :D

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
212 4
I wanted to make this thread because I have some kind of trouble keeping up with all these channels airing theatrical cartoons around the world, and I’d like to know if there are more.

These are the ones I know:

-Italy

Italia 1: they have the rights to the whole Warner Bros library right now. They aired Looney Tunes a lot in the last 3 years but now they have only Tom and Jerry in the schedule. They also aired Popeye shorts last year, while we haven’t seen Walter Lantz shorts in over a decade.

Boomerang: they have a very low variety of Looney Tunes and no one shots, but something rare comes out sometimes. They only air classics during big marathons unfortunately.

-Topolino channel: it’s an yearly pop up channel by Disney Channel with classic Disney shorts. Unfortunately they have a very low variety, with only one B&W cartoon showing up.

-Rai 2: only Disney shorts on winter holidays, but they have a very good variety. This being the public broadcaster aired pretty much everything in the past. They apparently lost the rights to the WB library, but I hope they’ll get them again one day.

-Switzerland

RSI La 1: classic WB and MGM shorts every weekend on a dedicated block. They have almost the whole library and no censorship at all, but they apparently buy only a few shorts at time and re air them. Probably the best source in Europe.

-France

Boomerang: only source for classics in France apparently. They have good variety (even though it got worse) but the censorship kinda ruined everything.

-Poland

Puls 2: they don’t have them in the schedule right now, but they pop up very often. They air Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry. They have a very good variety of cartoons from the a.a.p. package, but no English track.

-Slovakia

Markiza: I didn’t know about this until a while ago. This channel is fully owned by WB, but way better than any Boomerang. They have no censorship and an huge variety compared to Italia 1. Very recommended.

-Brazil

SBT: they have a saturday block. No theatricals right now, but they usually show up very often. They aired MGM, WB, Walter Lantz and even Disney shorts.

Tooncast: the best channel. Ever. Period. :D

Out of all those, the only channels I've only been able to catch is Boomerang and Tooncast. However, the latter channel is far better variety-wise. Unfortunately, I'm not always home to catch the WB shorts, but I am for the Popeye ones. Tooncast is the best channel ever, though.

Also, I don't want to get off-topic, but @Cool_Cat do you have a schedule for Markiza when WB shorts do play?

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
562 8
Italy
I forgot. There’s a channel in Colombia called CityTV which airs ANYTHING, including Which is Witch.

@DVDLooney The Markiza schedule is public. I do not have a satellite dish pointed on it though, I’ll have to install a dual feed (the channel should be free to view). By the way do you really have Tooncast? I know you can reach certain feeds from satellite if you live in the US.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...