"Clarence" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
Cartoon Network's XML says the show will premiere in April.

grate to hear, and they also showed the logo of the show(the sizzle reel is the one that you posted on another topic here)
any here the logo [image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/Clarenc2014elogo.jpg/300px-Clarenc2014elogo.jpg[/image]

Megumi

★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
This looks awful. A certain type of awful. Where KyoAni has mastered making cash out of trash, Cartoon Network has mastered having shows look like they were designed by the same teams over and over. I don't want to say it's a lulzsorandom show since it was just a sneak peek that I watched, but this show is probably going to disappoint in so many ways.

Rhaynebow

This looks awful. A certain type of awful. Where KyoAni has mastered making cash out of trash, Cartoon Network has mastered having shows look like they were designed by the same teams over and over. I don't want to say it's a lulzsorandom show since it was just a sneak peek that I watched, but this show is probably going to disappoint in so many ways.

While I DO agree I'm not looking forward to yet another Random Adventures Of So and So's Daily Life, I think we should wait for the show to actually come on before we cast such judgement.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Really looking forward to the show, its nice to have a show that is all Slice of life

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Eh, I don't think this one's for me, based on what I saw. The sneak peak I saw bored me to the point where I didn't even want to sit through the whole thing. It just looks to be about a kid who does things. No twist or hook to make it interesting. Plus, I'm not a fan of the show's flat, simplistic, doodle-y art style. Of course, things can change from the pilot to the premiere, and I try to hold off judgment until after I've seen a full episode or 2, but I'm not digging what I've seen of this show so far, and I have a feeling I'll be skipping it.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I'm pretty interested in this. While I like wild shows such as Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, and Steven Universe, it doesn't hurt to have a more down to Earth show in the mix. I saw the preview for Clarence last year and I thought it was pretty neat.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
I just saw the preview clip of Clarence and I have to say, this looks boring and generic. Maybe I just don't have the patience to watch "slice of life" cartoons anymore. Also, I'm not crazy about the obnoxious artwork. I'm tired of all of CN's new cartoons looking like Adventure Time. I wish Skyler Page the best of luck, but I'll most likely be skipping this one.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I just saw the preview clip of Clarence and I have to say, this looks boring and generic. Maybe I just don't have the patience to watch "slice of life" cartoons anymore. Also, I'm not crazy about the obnoxious artwork. I'm tired of all of CN's new cartoons looking like Adventure Time. I wish Skyler Page the best of luck, but I'll most likely be skipping this one.

Boring, Yes. Generic, not really, sure there isn't much stuff going but I do feel like that Clarenece does have an identity and uniqueness compared to the slice of life cartoons of today and yesterday in that it shows how tough and akward it is in not only making friends but mostly invating them over. Maybe its just that I find this show relatable, cause of the fact that I use to have the house prepared when I invited a new friend over and barely expect that he/she wanted to do different things besides what I want to do and stlil try to have fun joining them

Megumi

★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
While I DO agree I'm not looking forward to yet another Random Adventures Of So and So's Daily Life, I think we should wait for the show to actually come on before we cast such judgement.

I don't know. With some shows. you can call it like that and I feel that this is one of those shows unless the series turns out way different than the pilot.

Cookiefication

¯\(º_o)/¯
Out of all the shows that CN previewed a while back, this was the one I laughed at the most. Still eagerly awaiting for the premiere.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'll give it a shot, mostly because it's different and something CN needs, even if only IMHO Doesn't look like something I'd be a fan of, considering that FiM and LPS (2012) have the slice-of-life angle down packed for me (right now, anyway,,,).

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
So April? That sounds nice. I found some Clarence storyboards. Scroll down to see the Clarance stuff. Kathryn Durst Portfolio: Storyboards

Ooh, those storyboards look pretty good. I really like that Personal Story one, with that little girl's literal ear-to-ear grin. The storyboard for Clarence is also nice. It reminds me of the days I spent on the playground when I was little.

TheCatDevil

Everybody lives a sad life.
grate to hear, and they also showed the logo of the show(the sizzle reel is the one that you posted on another topic here)
any here the logo [image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/Clarenc2014elogo.jpg/300px-Clarenc2014elogo.jpg[/image]

Well, I found another logo from an international CN's YouTube trailer.

Clarencelogo.PNG

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts