Christmas Tales 2020

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Previously on Christmas Tales:

It goes without saying this is going to be a weird one. Hopefully you found a way to connect with your relatives this year, whether it was through Zoom conferencing or a socially distanced outside gathering.

Our family did Zoom. You would think I would not have stories, but when one of my cousins first appeared onscreen, it was in a gigantic unicorn costume. Keep in mind she's at home. She said she just "needed an excuse to dress up,"

My other cousin still has the framed bug that was mentioned in an earlier Christmas Tale, mounted on his wall. It was in the background of his video.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Lucky for us, Newfoundland was the only province that wasn't on lockdown by Christmas Day. I got to meet up with some relatives as we usually do. Also this will be my last Christmas in my old room, as my older brother moved out and I'm getting his old room which is twice the size of mine (WAY more room for activities - not to mention my growing collection of stuff!!!)

This year's Christmas haul so far included a webcam and microphone, so I can finally, FINALLY start my side-career I'd been dreaming of for several years, as a YouTuber. Also a little binder I can store my Playbills (which my younger brother saved for me from a NYC trip a few years back) in, and two ornaments (one a Wreck It Ralph one from Disney that's similar to the Hallmark one I regret not getting and is quite pricey on Ebay, the other the current Hallmark Muppet Show ornament which rocks). I say "so far" because usually by this time I would have gotten my customary presents from my mom's side of the family, but one of my uncles (who lives in Ontario) has to get out of quarantine first, so that won't happen until January 2. In the meantime, I'll make another post about that when it happens.

I'm planning to watch Soul this weekend too, by setting up the screen we usually set up for outdoor screenings and cooking up some popcorn to give myself possibly the closest thing I'll ever get to seeing it in a true theater (because 2020 sucked for the most part). I also still need to watch I'm Thinking of Ending Things too.

Also I got to see Muppet Christmas Carol for the first time in a theater last week :)

I leave you with a quote from a recent Muppet Mindset article, and a photo that someone in a Discord server I'm in shared.
There’s an old adage that every snowflake is unique and one of a kind – and that’s true, but if you zoom out it’s just another white blob in a sky full of them. I feel like Christmas is the same. Yes, every year’s celebrations are special and add to the moments we treasure for the rest of our lives, but one specific Christmas really is just another white blob in the sky if we zoom out and look at the bigger picture. This year will be different, but it won’t be your defining Christmas. In my family we still laugh at how someone guessed “Peggy Flip Flop” instead of “Peggy Sue” in charades – even though it was 25 years ago. In another 25 years time we’ll probably be laughing about how my Dad couldn’t get Zoom to work and we spent half an hour looking at his ceiling. Christmas is bigger than 2020 and will endure way beyond whatever the world is going through right now. And so will you.
1608944100233.png

Last edited:

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
So the rest of the presents have come and gone and they're not really that interesting to write about, aside from a Mulan ornament from one of my aunts. But I did get my little cousin (turned 6 in December) a Na Na Na Surprise doll, as did my mom. It warmed my heart to see her play with them both (and tickle my feet lol).

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

City Escape was the best 3-D Sonic level until Sonic Colors. It's so much better than other 3-D Sonic levels (including other levels in the same game).
Blathers' museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons gives me some Foster's Home vibes
Is it wrong that I think Gwyneth Paltrow is fairly useless? Yeah, she was Pepper. But what good has she done lately besides creating the stupidest headlines imaginable?
Loving the rumor of a BTAS revival. Personally I would far prefer a JLU one, but maybe this could lead to that.

Here is my major suggestion for the BTAS revival:

MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY

Contd...
I am now old enough to drink! I'm 21!

Featured Posts