Chris Savino (Creator of The Loud House) Has Been Suspended From Nickelodeon EDIT: He's Now FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
This image seems to taken a darker turn in hindsight

tumblr_oy2iu7aB151rvyrsao1_400.jpg

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
DMYxipUXcAA8zo-.jpg

Welp, that sounds like the kind of slimy thing Cartoon Brew would do. (Yes, I do trust /co/ more than them.)
I don’t know if I’d trust /co/ over Cartoon Brew (heck, I’d rather trust Wikipedia than /co/), although yeah, I can totally buy that Cartoon Brew would do something like that.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
217 women and non-gender conforming people working within the animation industry have issued an open letter to studios demanding an end to sexism and sexual harassment in the animation industry, Buzzfeed is reporting - https://www.buzzfeed.com/arianelange/women-in-animation-open-letter

The letter has in the works since last week, so appears unrelated to Savino, though.

stephane dumas

Holy crap, man. This is one heck of a controversy. I hope Mr. Savino gets brought to justice for his actions.

I wonder if is it only the tip of the iceberg and there could be more to come?

I go a bit slightly off-topic but I wonder what if parts of these rumors we saw here and there about tv producer Dan Schneider was true?

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
Well, that seems to back up that Nickelodeon's internal investigation was going on for a while before the leak.

What will become of The Loud House now?

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Well, that seems to back up that Nickelodeon's internal investigation was going on for a while before the leak.

What will become of The Loud House now?
The article mentions "[The Loud House] will continue to air on Nickelodeon and be in production."

DeanBurrito25

Well there ya go. Variety said it first, not Cartoon Brew.

The whole thing's a shame. Shame for the women harassed and shame that it will stain the reputation of what is otherwise a well received and well performing cartoon. Fortunately, it will still continue without Savino's reign. It takes more than one person to run a show after all. Nick/Viacom dealt with it swiftly and professionally. No shenanigans, just severed ties.

Now can we please stop acting like Cartoon Brew was talking out of their butts? There's a lot of reasons not to like the site but they weren't wrong about this one.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
So this investigation was actually going on for a while before Cartoon Brew reported on it. It's just that they caused word to come out of it prematurely.

Well, considering Savino's record did end up being true, I really can't blame them at all for giving him the long arm of the law. Hopefully the show itself will still retain its quality, but even if it doesn't it was for the greater good.

Well, my thoughts on this matter is that what he did was unacceptable and at the same time I'm disappointed that he is no longer a part of the series but the series will still continue (I'd give it 3 more years) until then. In a deadline.com statement, the president of Nickelodeon, Cyma Zarghami made a statement on it. (and the fact she's working for Nickelodeon for the past 30 years, I didn't know that), but, still the show will still continue, but very disappointing.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Though it is worth noting that his name will probably continue to appear for the rest of season 2, and possibly even a little into 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts