Chris Savino (Creator of The Loud House) Has Been Suspended From Nickelodeon EDIT: He's Now FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Savino actually admitted that he had done wrong, what sort of proof do you need?

Attachments

• chris-savino-apology-facebook.jpg
    chris-savino-apology-facebook.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 128

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm kind of glad that the women were able to get their experience out through that segment. Despite how long Chris Savino has been involved within the animation industry, I don't think he'd be a name that most people would recognize compared to someone like John Lasseter. I'm sure that it doesn't take away all of the pain and discomfort they felt with Chris Savino, but hopefully giving their stories more exposure helps to provide them some comfort/closure and potentially help more women find the courage to speak out against their abusers too.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Loud House never appealed to me, i’ve already seen about 30 episodes and I find the show annoying and repetitive. The fact that the main cast has so many girls is a sign that Chris Savino is a creep.

Also there are all of these incest ships and cringeworthy memes, so because of that, I’m always going to associate the show with that as well as Savino’s allegations. This makes me never want to watch the show again. Savino was lucky that his show became a hit a year before he was fired.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Loud House never appealed to me, i’ve already seen about 30 episodes and I find the show annoying and repetitive. The fact that the main cast has so many girls is a sign that Chris Savino is a creep.

While I agree that Chris Savino is a creep and I don't see the appeal of The Loud House either, I don't see how the cast being full of so many girls means anything. I'm sure that there are plenty of male show runners who have a lot of female characters in their main cast that aren't sexual harassing jerks. Besides that, the premise of The Loud House is that there's one boy in a large family with so many sisters. There would have to be a lot of girls with a premise like that.

TheJLeeTeam said:
Also there are all of these incest ships and cringeworthy memes, so because of that, I’m always going to associate the show with that as well as Savino’s allegations. This makes me never want to watch the show again. Savino was lucky that his show became a hit a year before he was fired.

Well the incest ships and cringeworthy memes have more to do with the fanbase than the series itself. Still, I can understand why stuff like that would turn you off from the series even further. I still haven't watched half or so of Voltron just because of the shipping debates turned that fanbase into a toxic dumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts