Chicken Squad (News And Discussion Thread)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Chicken Squad is an upcoming Disney Junior show set to come out in 2020, based on the book of the same name. The description is as follows:

The show follows three young chickens, Coop, Little Boo and Sweetie , and their mentor, Captain JJ Tully, a retired police dog, as they work together to keep their neighborhood safe and sound.

The voice cast includes Ramone Hamilton as Coop, the enthusiastic and inventive leader; Maxwell Simkins as Little Boo, the quick and confident younger brother; Gabriella Graves as Sweetie, the strong and big-hearted sister; and Yvette Nicole Brown as Captain Tully.

The show is created by Disney veteran Tom Rogers (who wrote many Disney Toon Studios movies like Cinderella 2, Winnie The Pooh: Springtime With Roo, and Kronk's New Groove) (on the tv side, he's written one shot scripts for The 7D and Sofia The First, and is a staff writer for Elena Of Avalor) . Rachel Ruderman, who worked on Sofia and Elena, is story editor. Puppy Dog Pals director Scott Bern is supervising director. Wild Canary is handling the animation.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

When you scroll down the website, it mentions the show coming out in fall 2020. I predict an October release date.

Screenshot_20200326-184734.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Mia Resella's LinkedIn profile says she's writing for the series. She's worked on shows like Nella The Princess Knight, Craig Of The Creek, Muppet Babies, and Vampirina and Deadendia.

Screenshot_20201002-131051.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This article about Karissa Valencia's Netflix show Spirit Rangers says that she's also a writer for this series.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's an interview with Tom Rogers, where he talks about two things:

1. The plan is to release the series in spring 2021. It all depends.

2. There's a good deal of diversity behind the scenes, such as having about half of the voice actors being of diverse backgrounds, and about 50% of the writing and storyboarding staff are women.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So, Tom Rogers just put who the main writing team is for Chicken Squad. Some I've mentioned before, and some are revealed here. Anyway, there's Rachel Ruderman, Kelly Lynne D'Angelo, Bama Coogan, Lizzie Prestel, John Huss, James Eason Garcia, Mia Resella, Karissa Valencia, and Andy Guerdat.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here are the Chicken Squad episodes airing in May. On May 14, we have the episodes "Chicken Squad to the Rescue / A Speedy Exit" and "The Natural / A Dirty Job". On May 21, we have "Gone to the Dogs / Coop Dreams". On May 28, we have "Roommate Rumble / The Need for Speed".

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Tom Rogers revealed in an interview how season 1 of Chicken Squad is 29 episodes. He also talked about wanting to hire fresh faces for the show to help them move up in the industry.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Kelsey Norden's profile says that she will be a director for the series.

Screenshot_20210506-163940.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's a sneak peek at one of the songs as well as a clip.

Here's a 12 minute podcast that Tom Rogers took part in. He talks about the development for the series.

1:40 He talks about how the designs for the titular squad are more distinct in order to better help tell them apart.

3:35 He mentions how Tully will have a song in the future about how every dog needs a home.

4:45 There's something called The Chicken Charge which helps them with what they need.

7:15 He said how Doreen Cronin helped out in developing the series.

9:00 May 14 is Dance Like A Chicken Day, and he notes the coincidental release of the show to coincide with the holiday. He dubs it Chicken Squad Day.

9:50 He talks about being married to an interior designer, with that influence showing up in the series.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The cat stuck in the tree in this picture is based on Rachel Ruderman's childhood cat Pumpkin. She said that she will be introduced in an upcoming episode.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
According to the LinkedIn profile of Greg Rankin, he's now a director for the series.

Screenshot_20210624-163516.png

Screenshot_20210624-163537.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The first 7 episodes of The Chicken Squad comes to Disney Plus on August 11.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts