CCF Shows that are renewed/cancelled for 2002

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
So far, the network thinks Time Squad is doing great, both in ratings and in popularity, so it looks like TS will be getting renewed for a second season.

And apparently the network strongly dislikes Sheep in the Big City, was contracturally bound to two seasons, after which there will likely be no more. The fans are gonna really have to write letters on this one, because I don't think much will change their minds.

Dexter's Laboratory has been greenlit to write the stories for a brand new 4th season, and if the ratings are good (which they usually are), they'll go into production!

Grim and Evil is not doing so well in the ratings. Of course, it doesn't help that there were only 5 episodes (one of them banned for a while due to a NYC scene that would most likely be VERY offensive), so interest dwindled swiftly.

(UPDATE: The banned episode of Grim and Evil airs next week in CCF, with a possible scene change to adapt to 9/11.)

The network is quite pleased with Ed, Edd, and Eddy, despite not airing many of the season 3 episodes, but you can be assured it will likely reach a 4th season as well.

Samurai Jack was guaranteed a 52-episode run at the minimum, though only 26 episodes(divided over two seasons) are set in stone.

Mike, Lu, and Ogg is cancelled.

Johnny Bravo is over.

Cow and Chicken has been cancelled a while ago.

PPG is contracted for a 5th season, but not everything is set in stone again (we don't want more voice actor financial trouble, now do we?).

No word on Courage.

Of course for 2002 there is Kids Next Door. But will there be any more new titles? You never know... but let's just say, the other Big Pick contestants aren't COMPLETELY out of the question...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Johnny Bravo is over.

Cow and Chicken has been cancelled a while ago.

Hallelujah! Cow and Chicken can finally go bye bye! And I'm glad Bravo is not renewed..it was just getting redundant and really...really.....really....pointless. Would've been ok had they not redesigned some of the people and added Carl..

-BB

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
And for those who lost count, here is the episode count for the shows(the amounts set in stone, that is):

Dexter's Laboratory - 78(this includes season 4)
Johnny Bravo - 52
Powerpuff Girls - 49(three are not complete yet)
Ed, Edd and Eddy - 39
Courage the Cowardly Dog - 39
Mike, Lu, and Ogg - 26
Samurai Jack - 26
Sheep in the Big City - 26
Time Squad - 13
Grim and Evil - 6

Dexter is the first Cartoon Cartoon to pass Cartoon Network's 52-episode standard(the usual goal is for every show to run up to 52 episodes, unless they're doing really bad in the ratings), making it the second longest-running original series on Cartoon Network (The longest being Space Ghost, with 80 episodes over 7 seasons).

Duncanzits

Cool..thanks for the important news, Matt! :D

If it is alright, CartoonFridays, I am going to stick this thread and the CCF Previews at the top of the page. Tell me if I overstep my bounderies. :cool:

Duncanzits

As for episode count..is SGC2C going to hit 100? It will be the first original cartoon network show to do that!

Also will Johnny Bravo and Cow and Chicken still air in reruns or will they be replaced by cool cartoons like Freakzoid.

S

Stinky Cat

sweeeeet i cant wait till the new shows!... and also cartoon orbit will be getting some new ctoons! :D

mbaker

Cartoon Cartoon Schedule

So sad to learn that "The Johnny Bravo Christmas Special" is the last episode. But i guess if you going to end a show, you might as well end it with a bang. And it did. I love the series as a whole, but the first season episodes were hysterical, and since Van Partible left, the show just wasn't the same. (Don't get me wrong, i still love the series.) The only good thing about the later episodes was the the girls were some of the hottest looking babes this side of Dini, and Timm. "Mike, Lou, and Ogg" sucks, and i'm glad it was cancled a long time ago. It looks more like a Nick toon than a Cartoon Cartoon, plus it's nowhere near as funny as the other shows. Same goes for "Sheep in the Big City". I miss "Cow & Chicken", and "I Am Weasel". At least "Dexter" is doing great despite mixed feelings toward the new episodes. "Powerpuff Girls" might get renewed depending on the success of the movie, and the remaining eight episodes. Congradulations to "Time Squad", and "Samurai Jack" (Now there's a crossover!) "Grim & Evil" should get renewed. That show is awsome, and i'm sorry to hear it's not doing well. I hope it dose better in the next few months. Let's hope that it catches on.

Blossom: Rediculus Lucky Capitan Rabbit King! Lucky Capitan Rabbit King Nuggets are for the youth!

Manhunter

Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
Time Squad : Doesn't really appeal to me,even with Mark Hamill.

Sheep in the Big City: Ditto.

Dexter's Laboratory:Hope they make more.

Grim and Evil: No opinion.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy: GOD,THIS SHOW SUCKS!!!

Samurai Jack: Let's see more.

Mike, Lu, and Ogg:See Ed,Edd and Eddy.

Johnny Bravo: Why cancel this and not Ed,Edd and Eddy?

Cow and Chicken: very stupid show.Catchy theme song,though.

PPG : Please let's see more.

Courage: Kinda cold on that one.

Billy

Have they made any new Cow And Chicken episodes since the last 4 years? Because I live in the UK and there's a delay,if you know what I mean.

CookieS

Actually Billy, that show ended production earlier last year. There were 4 seasons. I'll be posting episode guides up on the site soon.

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
Well, I like all the cartoons cartoons but Mike,Lu,and Og,and Time Sqard.

But my two top fave Cartoons Cartoons are Cow and Chicken and Girm and Evil.

zimed

Time Squad -ugh this is awfull, its amazing how a show this stupid and utterly pointless manages to stay on CCF while Mike lu and Og is banished to crappy time slot and whatnot.

Sheep in the big city Is great, the gags and puns are on par with Rocky and Bullwinkle. I really really hope CN will renew this series some day...

Cow and Chicken This is sad, I loved this series so much it was so random and yet perfect. I actually prefer this series over ren and stimpy.

Mike Lu and Og - Well of course the ratings suck! It has only been on CCF ONCE! Augh, the few times I catch this series I find my self enjoying it very much.

The Dork Knight

The saddles do what now?
Originally posted by zimed
Time Squad -ugh this is awfull, its amazing how a show this stupid and utterly pointless manages to stay on CCF while Mike lu and Og is banished to crappy time slot and whatnot.

Sheep in the big city Is great, the gags and puns are on par with Rocky and Bullwinkle. I really really hope CN will renew this series some day...

Cow and Chicken This is sad, I loved this series so much it was so random and yet perfect. I actually prefer this series over ren and stimpy.

Mike Lu and Og - Well of course the ratings suck! It has only been on CCF ONCE! Augh, the few times I catch this series I find my self enjoying it very much.

Sheep was renewed. They air new episodes every Sunday now.

- Foley Is Good

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
Originally posted by Foley Is Good

Sheep was renewed. They air new episodes every Sunday now.

- Foley Is Good

I think that zimed was talking about the fact that there will be no 3rd season. This is the last one.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
And new episodes of Sheep in the Big City now air on CCF, not Sunday. Sunday is just a random rerun of Sheep.

And yes, there is not that great of a chance for Sheep to be renewed, but if enough people watch it, it could have a chance. It has a better chance than Grim and Evil anyway.

spectre316

i think i'm gonna throw up
I will miss Cow and Chicken. I knew it was cancelled a long time ago, but I thought that in late 2001 there was news of more episodes on the way... well.. anyway, it was one of my favorites.

Dexter deserves what it has gotten and will get. It's a great show.

If you get any news on Courage (also one of my favorites), please tell me (us).

Eddy

there's a chicken on my head
YAY! Johnny Bravo is gone! The new episodes with Carl and Pops sucked! Here's my opninion on the shows...

Ed, Edd n Eddy - This is one of the best shows on TV! It's way batter than Johnny Bravo and Samurai Jack and that Time Squad crap! I love Ed, Edd n Eddy!

The Powerpuff Girls - It's okay... I used to like it a lot more. It became way to over-rated, though... They are cute... :rolleyes:

Samurai Jack - Ugh... get RID of it! The entire thing is just Jack chopping bad guys in half, or waisting the episode with some long scene.

Dexter's Lab - The show used to be really good... until the new episodes began to air. Dexter now sucks. The art work is terrible! Dexter's head is twice as fat! I'm talkign about the Season four episodes...

Time Squad - Get rid of this crap...

Sheep in the Big City - It's okay. I'd like it more is the voice acting was better and they didn't push it with the Angry Scientist.

Mike, Lu & Og -Okay, the show's not that good...

Cow & Chicken/ I Am Weasel - I liked both of them, I liked Cow and Chicken more than Weasel, though.

Johnny Bravo - Ever since Carl, Pops, and Triangle-Headed Little Susie came along, the show has sucked.

Grim & Evil - From what I've seen it' pretty funny. I've only watched one or two episodes... I don't really go out of my way to watch it.

Courage the Cowardly Dog - It's okay. The first episodes were the best, but now everyone episode is "Oh-no! Some monster wants to kill Murriel!" You see what I mean?

And that's the way I see it.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy 65th birthday to the long running voice of Batman, Kevin Conroy.
It looks like both are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker. "Phineas And Ferb: Christmas Vacation" moves to the next round. The next matchup is between The Loud House episode "11 Louds A Leapin" and the Sofia The First episode "The Mystic Isles: A Very Mystic Wassalia ".

Pikwik Pack, the TMNT formula, goes preschool. Swap out the pizza for taco.
Anybody know whats the theme for SpongeBob episodes 8pm hour for weekdays starting Monday? They haven't advertised what for.
Well here's something i forgot existed, E-Cards. Do they still make those especially ones with these two characters.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...p-crop/width/300/height/300?cb=20160320100715