Cartoonito - News & Discussion Thread

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
WarnerMedia's Cartoon Network licensed the entire 92 half-hours of Caillou back catalogue as well as the original new digital series produced by Spark, Caillou's New Adventures, exclusively for the US market. This recently signed agreement reflects our ability to offer both long-form and quality digital content as well as the benefit of our strategy of consolidating rights ownership on our portfolio of IP to broaden audience engagement and increase exploitation of our brands. Furthermore, since opening the Caillou channels to US viewers on Spark in Q2 2021, global average views have increased 8% to 4.1 million for the property on our AVOD platform.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
the future of cartoonito does not look so promising :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the contrary, I'd say the ratings are pretty good, considering that it's only been 3 days (so far).

Keep in mind that Nick Jr., Disney Junior and PBS Kids/Sprout have been around for much longer and are all well established properties. Cartoonito's ratings aren't going to match or rival theirs in less than a week. It takes time for a new show or block to establish itself and find an audience, and Cartoonito hasn't even been on the air for 6 months. It's much too early to be calling this block a failure.

Last edited:

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
On the contrary, I'd say the ratings are pretty good, considering that it's only been 3 days (so far).

Keep in mind that Nick Jr., Disney Junior and PBS Kids/Sprout have been around for much longer and are all well established properties. Cartoonito's ratings aren't going to match or rival theirs in less than a week. It takes time for a new show or block to establish itself and find an audience, and Cartoonito hasn't even been on the air for 6 months. It's much too early to be calling this block a failure.
Having seen a lot of their weekend premieres, Cartoonito does seem kind of week in comparison, but as I said before, these are school hours. And as you said, the others are well established while Cartoonito is three days old. It’s doing relatively alright so far.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Cartoonito's ratings might have been stronger out of the starting gate had the shows based on established WB properties (Bugs Bunny Builders, Tom & Jerry Time, Batwheels, Jessica's Big Little World) premiered at the block's launch, but obviously Warner can't--and shouldn't--rush to get them on the air before they're ready, and based on the clips of BBB and T&JT that I saw, I can see why they require more time. Those 2 preschool shows (or segments between shows in Tom & Jerry Time's case) had better, more fluid animation than some all-ages shows I've seen. Both shows look better than a preschool show has any right to be. Undoubtedly Cartoonito's overall ratings will pick up once those shows are added, but all things considered, the block is doing OK so far.

Last edited:
Gumball on Cartoonito...
B076C113-72BA-40DB-B539-3B51A5F3F2C1.jpeg

Bigawesome2000

With the current circumstances, I’d say Cartoonito is doing alright. Like others had said, other preschool blocks have been established, while Cartoonito is just now being shown to a US audience. Like all networks, it needs to grow its brand and viewership. I’m sure the block will continue to grow in ratings as the weeks pass.

i’ll be cartoonito ratings in here for all this week since this week is launch week starting next week i’ll post them in the regular the cn ratings thread
9/14 Ratings:
Baby Looney Tunes: 130,000 (0.05) 6:30AM
Caillou: 126,000 (0.05) 7:00AM
Caillou 7:25AM: 112,000 (0.05)
Pocoyo: 122,000 (0.05) 8:05AM
Pocoyo: 8:35AM: 107,000 (0.04)
Thomas and Friends All Engines GO : 9:00am: 104,000 (0.05)
9:30AM: ??
BING: 88,000 (!) )(0.04) 9:55am
as you can see a bit on an improvement from yesterday hopefully ratings improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigawesome2000

The Cartoonito Parents website has been updated with 5 learning activities. Each of them explores a different learning benefit and is themed after a different show. These include:

Little Ellen - Activity: Building Resilience and Optimism - Learning Benefit: Optimism and Resilience
Lucas the Spider - Activity: Curious Questions - Learning Benefit: Perspective Taking
Esme & Roy - Activity: Imagination Box - Learning Benefit: Learning Through Playing
Mush-Mush & the Mushables - Activity: Nature Detective Activities - Learning Benefit: Nature Exploration
Esme & Roy - Activity: Glitter Jar - Learning Benefit: Mindfulness

The Cartoonito Parents website has also been expanded:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Cartoonito's ratings might have been stronger out of the starting gate had the shows based on established WB properties (Bugs Bunny Builders, Tom & Jerry Time, Batwheels, Jessica's Big Little World) premiered at the block's launch, but obviously Warner can't--and shouldn't--rush to get them on the air before they're ready, and based on the clips of BBB and T&JT that I saw, I can see why they require more time. Those 2 preschool shows (or segments between shows in Tom & Jerry Time's case) had better, more fluid animation than some all-ages shows I've seen. Both shows look better than a preschool show has any right to be. Undoubtedly Cartoonito's overall ratings will pick up once those shows are added, but all things considered, the block is doing OK so far.

It makes sense to offer "Jr." variants of the established shows. Then they get hooked on the IPs. But question is how much of these can they realistically air...?

Baby Looney Tunes
Tom and Jerry Kids
The Flintstone Kids
Cave Kids
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

Maybe also on another note consider airing the likes of Bunnicula, Paw Paws, Pound Puppies, The Mr. Men Show, Foster's Home, Smurfs.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

On September 9, 2006, Qubo launched over 15 years ago as a programming block on NBC, Telemundo, and Ion. I completely forgot about it, but I had some fond memories of the shows that aired there.
R.I.P. Reuben Klamer, creator of the modern version of The Game of Life (back in 1960).
2 days ago, this happened.

CartoonAnn started following me and started a conversation, but when I checked it, it got closed and she was banned despite not doing anything negative.

This was the 1st time that a follower of me got unexpectedly banned. Really weird.
There's apparently an episode of Tig N Seek where Eric Bauza guest starred as himself.

I'm like having trouble sleeping, but Parry Gripp nearly helped me.

Featured Posts