Cartoon sound clips used on Svengoolie

TeridaxXD001

"Oh, I don't see dat happening."

Is this Mojo Jojo?

Looney Tunes:
"There'th ththomethin' ththcrewy here!" ("Crowing Pains")

Low Spark of Lyman

Throw me a role, Jon.
Okay, doesn't look like tonight will have much due to the length of the movie (as mentioned in the opening bit).

However, I just heard this Wilma Flintstone line: "Believe me, I know Fred Flintstone, and you are no Fred Flintstone" (or something like that).

TeridaxXD001

"Some monkeys just don't appreciate savoir faire!"
"Maybe it's this wire...AAH! *sounds of electrocution*"
I googled these and couldn't find anything. The second might be another Stan Freberg excerpt.

The New Batman Adventures:
“Right-a-Rooney!” (“Mad Love”)

Last edited:

TeridaxXD001

"Try to take over Berwyn"?
That was definitely never in an official cartoon. Pinky’s line could have been sampled from a cartoon, but Brain’s was either mixed together from existing audio by a very talented engineer, or they may have actually asked Maurice LaMarche to record it. It’s not too farfetched; they’ve had celebrity guests before.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
"Oh y-y-y-yes indeed."- I'm fairly certain this came from Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

^, ^^: Maurice LaMarche has been a guest on the show before, so he and Rich Koz are probably good enough friends that he could request that line.

TeridaxXD001

"Oh y-y-y-yes indeed."- I'm fairly certain this came from Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

^, ^^: Maurice LaMarche has been a guest on the show before, so he and Rich Koz are probably good enough friends that he could request that line.
They could have done it that same day.
And would that have been a Gollum line?

There were three lines in tonight’s intro that sound like they’re from cartoons:
“Is he a little special or what?”
“Pretty gruesome, huh?”
“Aw, stand back folks, here it comes.”

Low Spark of Lyman

Throw me a role, Jon.
That was definitely never in an official cartoon. Pinky’s line could have been sampled from a cartoon, but Brain’s was either mixed together from existing audio by a very talented engineer, or they may have actually asked Maurice LaMarche to record it. It’s not too farfetched; they’ve had celebrity guests before.
Those possibilities make sense. I'm no expert on Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain, so there was no way for me to know if that actually came up or not (it would have seemed to be major luck for the show if that had been the case, though), hence why I asked.

TeridaxXD001

Just starting my recording of Sven’s broadcast of Them! from the other week, and the opening seems to feature a clip of Bart and Lisa screaming.

Batman: The Animated Series:
“I remember this show from when I was a kid. It still stinks.” (“Baby-Doll”)

Road Rovers:
“Oh, hi! You must be sticky.” (“Storm From the Pacific”)

Last edited:

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, Mick Wingert is currently following me on Twitter. That's pretty cool.
CNC
I'm gonna be taking a break from Twitter for 1 whole week. It's too hard for me to talk about.
You know at this point I'm just going to say the Wonder Park series is probably shelved and would never see the light of day.

The movie was greenlit at a time when Paramount and Nick had different management and by the time the movie was released and bombed the previous execs weren't there anymore.
The Animaniacs reboot came and still no new Yakko's World. How would you change the lyrics?
'Toy Story' was released 25 years ago today. Now, compare the animation of that to 'Toy Story 4'. Mind blowing.