Cartoon Network This Week

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Cartoon Network has launched a YouTube show called Cartoon Network This Week. It's hosted by a guy named Sam, who was previously one of the kids on Fridays and also appeared on something CN did called Zombie Day. There's also a seal named Rupert, who was the seal Ice Bear was going to eat but didn't in Bear Cleanse.

The first episode has a clip from Apple & Onion, some commentary from Rupert, and what some kids are saying about the recent Steven Universe episodes.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Interesting idea for sure. Only time will tell where this goes.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
I dig it so far. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Also, I think they showed that particular clip from Apple & Onion because of the NBA Playoffs coming up.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
This is an interesting concept that could work. Or not. We'll see. For some reason it's making me nostalgic a bit and reminds me of something that would air on CN proper during the CN Real era.

DeanBurrito25

This was so obviously intended for CN's actual demographic, so for that I'm sure they will like it. Or not? I don't know. It's a neat idea in theory, anyways.

Pretty cool how the host was actually an audience kid on Fridays way back when and that he now is employed for the network. Talk about coming full circle. (Side note, I really want that grey Cartoon Network shirt he's wearing.)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Well, I finally got around to watching it.

My initial first impressions were, "Okay, we have someone on the inside providing periodic updates. This might be interesting." However, the more I watched it, the more irritating it got. It became less about Sam and more about CN's marketing and attempts at being memetic. We're already off to a bad start.

I'll tune in for another episode, and if it doesn't improve, I'll drop it immediately.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
It's like CN Real all over again, except that adapted to the current Internet age.

I don't think I'd take it that far. There was animation in this video. Poorly implemented animation, mind you, but it was still there.

Mr HooPoe

What do I feed the children? Lengthy sermons!
I don't think I'd take it that far. There was animation in this video. Poorly implemented animation, mind you, but it was still there.

Speaking of which, what was that technology that CN used for Cartoon Cartoon Fridays to control the lip synchs of the hosts? They should consider using something like that for the seal instead of...whatever they did.

This is indeed different from Another Week on Cartoon. That was a mock news broadcast, while this is more...I might as well say "abstract" since I have no idea what to call it.

Also, this does remind me of CN Real but more in the sense that they are going beyond their intentions. However, that was dropping the "Cartoon" in Cartoon Network. While this is far from the first time, this is just proof that they are dropping the "Network" in Cartoon Network (though I do not really blame them since digital platforms are becoming a big deal with everyone now).

Eh, this was alright. I loved that CN acknowledged that Cartoon Network's Fridays existed and I liked the montage of kids' reactions to the new Steven Universe episodes from December but I was mixed on everything else. Then again, this is the first week they're doing it and there's always room for improvement.

Dudley

Staff member
Ya know, this would be tolerated a little more if host of this video was a cartoon character.
Now I know that would’ve been hard to pull off, and probably expensive, but mo-cap it could’ve been possible. Or really simple Flash animation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
TBH, this is just like Another Week on Cartoon (the ones from the UK variant of CN).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts