Latest News

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
5,024 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Cartoon Network has launched a YouTube show called Cartoon Network This Week. It's hosted by a guy named Sam, who was previously one of the kids on Fridays and also appeared on something CN did called Zombie Day. There's also a seal named Rupert, who was the seal Ice Bear was going to eat but didn't in Bear Cleanse.

The first episode has a clip from Apple & Onion, some commentary from Rupert, and what some kids are saying about the recent Steven Universe episodes.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
686 4
mattdeanart.com
This was so obviously intended for CN's actual demographic, so for that I'm sure they will like it. Or not? I don't know. It's a neat idea in theory, anyways.

Pretty cool how the host was actually an audience kid on Fridays way back when and that he now is employed for the network. Talk about coming full circle. (Side note, I really want that grey Cartoon Network shirt he's wearing.)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Mar 11, 2005
Ratings
1,599 8
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Well, I finally got around to watching it.

My initial first impressions were, "Okay, we have someone on the inside providing periodic updates. This might be interesting." However, the more I watched it, the more irritating it got. It became less about Sam and more about CN's marketing and attempts at being memetic. We're already off to a bad start.

I'll tune in for another episode, and if it doesn't improve, I'll drop it immediately.

Mr HooPoe

Oct 9, 2017
Ratings
I don't think I'd take it that far. There was animation in this video. Poorly implemented animation, mind you, but it was still there.
Speaking of which, what was that technology that CN used for Cartoon Cartoon Fridays to control the lip synchs of the hosts? They should consider using something like that for the seal instead of...whatever they did.

This is indeed different from Another Week on Cartoon. That was a mock news broadcast, while this is more...I might as well say "abstract" since I have no idea what to call it.

Also, this does remind me of CN Real but more in the sense that they are going beyond their intentions. However, that was dropping the "Cartoon" in Cartoon Network. While this is far from the first time, this is just proof that they are dropping the "Network" in Cartoon Network (though I do not really blame them since digital platforms are becoming a big deal with everyone now).

Jun 3, 2016
Ratings
29 1
Needham, MA
twitch.tv
Eh, this was alright. I loved that CN acknowledged that Cartoon Network's Fridays existed and I liked the montage of kids' reactions to the new Steven Universe episodes from December but I was mixed on everything else. Then again, this is the first week they're doing it and there's always room for improvement.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,661 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Ya know, this would be tolerated a little more if host of this video was a cartoon character.
Now I know that would’ve been hard to pull off, and probably expensive, but mo-cap it could’ve been possible. Or really simple Flash animation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk