Kung-Fu Yoshi

In this thread, you can talk about anything weird, or odd happening on CN or Boomerang that you've seen. Technical errors included.

Let me start. This isn't a error though, but it's weird. I saw the Regular Show episode ''T.G.I. Tuesday'' in November 2013. For some reason, I saw a commercial break during the episode. No, it didn't just cut to commercial abruptly: The screen faded out in the middle, then bumpers appeared. Then after commercials, the show came back, and after the show was the credits. I thought that was a new method for screening reruns during new episodes' timeslots; but three weeks later I saw ''Laundry Woes''... And there was no break until after the episode. I never saw commercial breaks during the actual episodes again.... Except for the double-length ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCatDevil

Everybody lives a sad life.
One time on a weekday while I was watching Regular Show, right after the episode (forgot the title of it) I was watching, there was no breaks. They just abruptly cut to another episode (forgot that title, too). It was like, ?:21pm right after it ended. It then went to a commercial break. An episode started around ?:26pm, making it an uneven schedule.

epicrandomguy

A while back in May 2013 I think, Regular Show aired the credits. Also, I see promo errors every now and then, like "New episode of TTG up next!" And then Adventure Time comes on.

Kung-Fu Yoshi

Remember, you can talk about weird things that happened during other shows, too.

Another RS screw-up: I taped part of a marathon in July 2013. When I was watching the tape, during the Muscle Woman episode, it cut to black after Starla said she'd go out with Mordecai or something. Haven't watched it in a few months though. Anyway, after about a second, it came back and repeated the last few seconds of the episode before it cut off, and continued error-free. Plus the CN bug started back up when the show came back.

A lot of weird things happen to this show. Wonder why?

TheCatDevil

Everybody lives a sad life.
Yesterday when I was watching The Amazing World of Gumball episode "The Castle", the logo bug suddenly disappeared for some reason, then went back up again. Same for Uncle Grandpa when it first aired.

Getouttamylab!

Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool
CN USA never airs the official opening to Gumball, but I hear they did air it once for some reason, but haven't done it again since.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
CN USA never airs the official opening to Gumball, but I hear they did air it once for some reason, but haven't done it again since.

I actually saw that! It was trippy.

Does the screen getting blurry count? Because I've seen it happen a few times. The last time I seen it happen was in February.

MrBabySpencer

One time in 2004, it think it was on Christmas Day, and Cartoon Network was playing the Powerhouse era bumpers again, this was weird, because they switched to the City era around that time.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The Cartoon Network we get since December 3rd is full of that: they air marathon bumpers before an individual episode. Also, when AT starts, the bug does not appear and the Frederator/CN Studios/CN Productions logo doesn't air. A few months ago, they aired them, however the CN Studios logo was dubbed...
Later this morning, I will post some errors that happened with Cartoon Network HQ (I call it like that because of the website), which was the feed we used to get and was sadly replaced by the Portuguese version.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Sorry for the double post...
Errors on CN HQ that I remember:
When CN HQ went down and aired a screen with two grey rectangles saying "Error #00101" or something like that
When CN HQ got mad on St. Patrick's Day in 2006, we got to see a different schedule
When CN HQ got affected by the Soho heatwave and we got to see an emergency playlist
When they aired an episode of GAOBAM when CTCD was supposed to air (back in 2011-2013)
I have a few more to share with you later...

Francisque

Sorry for the double post...
Errors on CN HQ that I remember:
When CN HQ went down and aired a screen with two grey rectangles saying "Error #00101" or something like that
When CN HQ got mad on St. Patrick's Day in 2006, we got to see a different schedule
When CN HQ got affected by the Soho heatwave and we got to see an emergency playlist
When they aired an episode of GAOBAM when CTCD was supposed to air (back in 2011-2013)
I have a few more to share with you later...
The CN Soho issue if I do not get wrong happened also in France and Germany (where apparently London broadcasts these versions), since there were an on-screen message in French and German, not sure for Italy, I remember nothing; for how long it was?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The CN Soho issue if I do not get wrong happened also in France and Germany (where apparently London broadcasts these versions), since there were an on-screen message in French and German, not sure for Italy, I remember nothing; for how long it was?
A few hours, maybe?

RegularCapital

Staff member
Strange things and errors on Cartoon Network UK and 1993-1999 Pan-Euro Feed:

Cartoon Network's The Longest Day schedule exclave during TNT Classic Movies part of the timeshare on 21st June 1996
Bouncing Blocks bumper during ad breaks, usually shown during the closedown/sign-off of CN and start-up/sign-on of TNT in the 90's, they were shown as there weren't any more commercials or promos for the ad break and used as filler in rare occasions.
Double CN bug shown when CN starts up for the day.
For News Tune To Sky News message bug on Sunday 31st August 1997, the day Princess Diana died. (I don't why Sky News instead of CNN International)
EDF Energy's (Electricity Distribution company for London) electricity equipment overheated in the Soho area of London on 27th July 2006, all of the European, Middle East and African feeds were knocked off the air and replaced with an emergency playlist.
Regular Show credits shown at the end of Adventure Time incident

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
How about the time where CN HQ aired Casper's Scare School for a few minutes? That was in August or September 2010.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
This looks a little like a storybook illustration:
530427_777027175647961_1870865911_n.jpg

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I remember when my CN aired in Squirrel Boy in Spanish or Italian or something.
And when the screen was black all day long with ERROR 545445 (random number) on it. RandomMe is referring to something similar... (We have had the same feed)
And they've aired many shows in English without subtitles even though there was a Dutch dub or Dutch subtitles available, like The New Scooby-Doo Movies and The Cramp Twins. (This also counts for Atomic Betty, Skunk Fu and CN Dance Club, but these 3 shows have always aired in English without subtitles)

About the American CN:
The PowerPuff Girls once aired in English and Brazilian Portuguese all together. So you couldn't understand anything because it was all a mess.
This looks a little like a storybook illustration:
Apparently, it was an unfinished version of the episode :D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts