Cartoon Network really does SUCK!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson

KrAzY KaT has been found
After reading Jon's post on how Cartoon Network is removing "The Popeye Show" in favor of another meaningless hour of that god awful "Ed, Edd N' Eddy, really makes me believe that Cartoon Network sucks and does not care for their classic cartoon viewers.This month marks the seventieth anniversary of the first theatrically released Popeye cartoon and this is how CN celebrates the special historical occasion, by replacing Popeye with one of the "WORST" animated pieces of crap in the last ten years?

Just what is the matter with CN????Are they afraid that they'll loose viewers if they show a classic cartoon series during primetime?You would think that CN would do something really special for the 70th anniversary for Popeye this month, but I guess that "Ed, Edd N' Eddy" is far more important to CN than a legendary animated series that has lasted well over 70 years....Lets see "Ed, Edd, N' Eddy" last that long :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

YOU SUCK CARTOON NETWORK !!!!!

Zechs

Rabbit in a box
The fact is classic cartoons don't bring in the ratings that new and popular shows such as Ed, Edd N' Eddy do. I myself hate the show but it seems that their are a lot of people out there that seem to love it. Let's face it classic toons can only be shown so many times before kids tire of them. I'm a big fan of all animation and their are very few shows I hate, but their are certian shows I can do without seeing for a while. I can watch just about anything but I also know that once something becomes old news it's most likely going to have to go. Popeye is a great show but it seems CN thinks it's had it's time. I feel they could put on a better CC in the place of Ed, Edd N' Eddy but I know that won't happen. Sorry to see popeye go it was one of the best of the classic toons thought I didn't watch it as much as I used to I still enjoyed when I did. Maybe they'll bring it back later with CN you never know.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
So much for this new Senior VP doing good things for classic animation.

I bet he'll just put remakes of classic cartoons in their place. Meh.

Mojo_Jojo

CURSES!
Even though I'm a cartoon cartoon fan, I too really dislike Ed Edd 'n Eddy :p . I believe it airs now 24 times a week or close to it :rolleyes: along with other cartoon cartoons that I like such as Dexter's Laboratory, Courage The Cowardly Dog, and Powerpuff Girls. I, too, wish that Cartoon Network would give these shows less airtime due to the fact they air the same thing twice. I also agree there should be room for classic cartoons. Even though Boomerang plays classic cartoons, I feel Cartoon Network should, too. I'm also mad in the recent decisions Cartoon Network has made like dropping Sailor Moon last year on my birthday and not showing The Flintstones and The Jetsons on weekdays. At least we still have Tom and Jerry. :sweat: :anime:

Tintin

That's horrible!!! Popeye celebrate this month his 70th anniversary and what are the result? CN removing this show by Ed, Edd n Eddy!!!!!!!!!! Who's that this circus, CN?????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I not understand. The 2 Teletoon Canada airing classic shows like Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show and The Simpsons the weekends nights and nothing do complain. Why was arrived on CN?? The tandem from all cartoons :eek:

Also Nelson, i mention also for Chuck Jones Show was the last time tonight on prime-time

Zechs

Rabbit in a box
Mojo_Jojo said:
Even though I'm a cartoon cartoon fan, I too really dislike Ed Edd 'n Eddy :p . I believe it airs now 24 times a week or close to it :rolleyes:
Man that's just too much and now they get rid of popeye just to show more of this crappy show. I do think it's unfair the way many classic toons get the boot. I miss the flintstones myself. Wow hopefuly this Ed, Edd N' Eddy craze will die down cause I don't know how much more of it they can show it's already over done IMO.

Daniel P

This is just silly. Popeye's 70th anniversary in theatrical cartoons, you would think CN could at least keep it on the air to show its last episodes in prime time. Replacing it with an overplayed cartoon makes no sense. Could someone tell me the point of this? Anyone? Please? Why is Popeye being replaced by an hour of ED, EDD, AND EDDY which airs enough at other times of the week? Cartoon Network sucks, plain and simple. Sure, they do something nice every once in a while, but in general there is this feeling that they think the classics are just worthless. If Tom and Jerry didn't get good ratings I don't think there would be any classic cartoons left on CN. With the popularity of the Looney Tunes, Popeye, and MGM cartoons, it is sad to see them treated like crap. Sure, they don't get the best ratings but I think they can set aside one measly half-hour to show some classic Popeye at a time that is accessible to all. The 2am slot is bad news. Once the new episodes air at that slot, maybe a few reruns, and this show is gone. Just like The Bob Clampett Show.

Samurai Rocko

Okay, now I'm pissed off. I like Cartoon Cartoons, (especially Ed,Edd, and Eddy and Courage) but Damn, what the heck is wrong with CN. It's not just the classics, but other good shows being replaced by rerun Cartoon Cartoons. I really hope somebody that works at CN reads this message board, because it's a shame, that the People here (well, some of them) like Matt Wilson can run a better Network than they can.

Cartman

Flute Player
CN has really gone downhill lately. It's fine if they air the cartoon cartoon shows, but they do NOT need to show them THAT often, especially when they are replacing something that only gets airtime once a week (and which is far better than the worst possible Craptoon craptoon out there). We don't even get to see classic cartoons on the weekdays anymore (except for Tom and Jerry :tomcat: :jerry: ). They took the Acme Hour, LNB&W, and Bob Clampett away from us and now the Popeye Show. :mad: :mad:
When will all this madness stop? I sure hope Boomerang comes to regular cable TV since CN is going downhill. It's getting to be almost as bad as the Disney Channel.

Tom Stathes

Silent Cartoon Aficionado
Oh Boy

This really is a shame. Whats wrong with CN? I dont understand CN at all, I havent for the past few years. Sure I loved them when I was little, fr all those classic cartoons my parents introduced me too, but now CN is really screwing up. It seems to me that us classic cartoon lovers are just sitting back and wishing they would air something worthy of our time. It's about time fo us to convince someone big, perhaps CN or another national TV station, that it is an injustice- the burying of classic cartoons. Perhaps one day this will be realized- but we must get off our behinds, stand up from the computer or couch, and actually physically do something about it. We should do everything we possible can to bring these cartoons into public light. Not only these cartoons, but the silent ones. It brakes my heart to realize exactly what a "secret" or "mystery" silent cartoons are today. If the TV stations should bring anything back, at least one hour a week dedicated to silent cartoons. Believe me, I would have plenty to provide, from my private 16mm and 8mm collection.
Something must be done, and soon. Who's with me? :confused:

Pietro

Well, Cartoon Network has sucked all summer so far. Think about it, hardly any classic cartoon showings (except for Toonheads, the Chuck Jones Show, Tom & Jerry, and The Looney Tunes Show), no Popeye, constant reruns of Cartoon Cartoons (maybe I can take the Dexter and Courage reruns but everything else is pure grade A crap), Pecola (why?), Sitting Ducks (Again, why?), Baby Looney Tunes (Ditto), Pokemon (Double Ditto), Jackie Chan Adventures (Triple Ditto), Anything Scooby-Doo, and (even though I don't wanna offend anyone here, but this is just my opinion) Anime' and Adult Swim (except for Futurama).

I've never seen the X-Men show, but I do like "Justice League" and the later "Sylvester and Tweety" episodes aren't even that bad - but everything else.....

Boomerang seems to be our only hope left for seeing any good amount of classics (I mean, you get H-B, WB, MGM, Jay Ward, Famous, and more!). But it seems CN is becoming crappy before Boomerang can even make it to basic cable!

But, however, I'm still thankful CN isn't running commericals like Ann Murray, Shirley Temple, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, etc.:rolleyes:

-Pietro:crow:

Vdubdavid

Cartoonsonfilm said:
Something must be done, and soon. Who's with me? :confused:

I'm with ya, Cartoonsonfilm! How about this, for the next few Saturday nights, for as long as Popeye stays on the schedule, we go to bed early on Saturday, set our alarms, get up at 2 a.m., tape the Popeye Show, then go right back to bed, as soon as the credits end. When/if the show is taken off, we then stage a boycott. I realize the 2 a.m. thing isn't feasible for everyone (I know some of you have jobs), but a boycott might work, especially if we get friends and family in on the act. Any other ideas?

Boy Wonder

An old geezer from the north!
Something must be done, and soon. Who's with me? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I am too with ya, with some random anger:

YOU SUCK CARTOON NETWORK!

They ruined my birthday by replacing LT Show with a 48 hour marathon Kids Next Door marathon? What the (bleep) are they thinking? My god, at least we still have 1 and a half hours of classic cartoons on Sunday from 7:30-9:00 PM. Cartoon Network sucks, end of story.

Daniel P

Boy Wonder said:
at least we still have 1 and a half hours of classic cartoons on Sunday from 7:30-9:00 PM. Cartoon Network sucks, end of story.
No, it is 8:00pm-9:00pm (one hour). Chuck Jones and Popeye are both leaving for E, E, & E.

Boy Wonder

An old geezer from the north!
dacp3 said:
No, it is 8:00pm-9:00pm (one hour). Chuck Jones and Popeye are both leaving for E, E, & E.

Oh yeah, now its serious. CN is pushing shows that don't get ratings like Ed Edd and Edy that suck. They don't perserve, they reserve.

Jon Cooke

GAC!
If it's ratings they are so worried about... then why didn't they ever actually promote the Popeye Show? There has never been a single ad for the Popeye Show on CN or Boomerang. And they could have even tied it in with Popeye's anniversary this month. I guess it's too late for that.

It's not like devoting one measly half-hour per week to Popeye cartoons was going to destroy the network. Looney Tunes have been cut down to two hours per week. The average Dexter or Eddy cartoon is being broadcast more than your average Bugs Bunny cartoon these days. You'd think kids would be more sick of THOSE by now... :eek:

-Jon

rodney

one lucky duck
The most maddening thing of all, is that there are still TWO NEW EPISODES TO AIR!!!!!! So, they're axing new material for reruns of Ed, Edd and Eddy?! I can fully understand kids getting tired of watching the same stuff over and over.....but, they haven't seen these episodes of The Popeye Show....they have seen the Ed, Edd and Eddy episodes (probably 65 times each in the last 2 months).

I'm 'bout sick and tired of Cartoon Network. A person can only take too much before they call the cable company and do some downgrading of packages.

Tintin

Jon Cooke said:
If it's ratings they are so worried about... then why didn't they ever actually promote the Popeye Show? There has never been a single ad for the Popeye Show on CN or Boomerang. And they could have even tied it in with Popeye's anniversary this month. I guess it's too late for that.

It's not like devoting one measly half-hour per week to Popeye cartoons was going to destroy the network. Looney Tunes have been cut down to two hours per week. The average Dexter or Eddy cartoon is being broadcast more than your average Bugs Bunny cartoon these days. You'd think kids would be more sick of THOSE by now... :eek:

-Jon

That's suck were you know, but i believe you're reason :eek:

Jon Cooke

GAC!
rodney said:
I'm 'bout sick and tired of Cartoon Network. A person can only take too much before they call the cable company and do some downgrading of packages.

I agree 100%

I am really giving serious consideration to just canceling my DirecTV and put the money I spend on that towards to just buying DVDs.

It's not just Cartoon Network, lots of cable channels I used to enjoy have become so boring and unwatchable. Enough is enough. I can remember when TNT, TBS, Nick, Disney Channel, FX, TNN, Family Channel, USA, AMC, etc. all were unique and each offered something different. Now they all air the same thing: recent TV show repeats (usually the exact same recent TV show repeats I could watch for free on local stations) and showings of recent movies. There doesn't seem to be any variety on cable anymore.

After the Harveytoons have completed their run on Boomerang, I don't think I'll be able to justify paying the $37.99 for DirecTV anymore. Considering there seems to be only about 3 or 4 channels I still watch on a regular basis. :shame:

-Jon

Zechs

Rabbit in a box
Jon Cooke said:
I agree 100%

I am really giving serious consideration to just canceling my DirecTV and put the money I spend on that towards to just buying DVDs.

It's not just Cartoon Network, lots of cable channels I used to enjoy have become so boring and unwatchable. Enough is enough. I can remember when TNT, TBS, Nick, Disney Channel, FX, TNN, Family Channel, USA, AMC, etc. all were unique and each offered something different. Now they all air the same thing: recent TV show repeats (usually the exact same recent TV show repeats I could watch for free on local stations) and showings of recent movies. There doesn't seem to be any variety on cable anymore.

After the Harveytoons have completed their run on Boomerang, I don't think I'll be able to justify paying the $37.99 for DirecTV anymore. Considering there seems to be only about 3 or 4 channels I still watch on a regular basis. :shame:
-Jon

Yeah T.V has really begun to suck big time. CN's changes don't affect me as much as the other networks because I'm a huge animation fan so I like most animation. But live action T.V is really starting to piss me off. They show crap crap and more crap. Lately I've found myself watching more animation than I used to and for me that pretty hard seeing as how I used to watch mostly animation in the past. But now that I've starting to read and write again I may be watching T.V a whole lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts