Cartoon Network International Thread 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaughn Max

So back then, Turner India was facing less troubles in the Indian kids market when the Indian version of CN launched...
Yet they're the same company that decided to launch Chhota Bheem and permanently ruin Indian kids channels by doing that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Localization started with cartoons in Hindi, not Hindi cartoons. By the latter I mean local cartoons. Before Chhota Bheem, they had The Adventures of Tenali Raman.

Vaughn Max

Localization started with cartoons in Hindi, not Hindi cartoons. By the latter I mean local cartoons. Before Chhota Bheem, they had The Adventures of Tenali Raman.
Isn't Chhota Bheem the reason Indian kids channels barely bother airing shows from their US counterparts in favor of local shows?

ChickyBro

taiga is great
I find it weird that CN VODs here sometimes use uncut versions, sometimes CN Asia versions.

Unaired SU episode on CN Asia "Last One Out of Beach City" was released uncut here on AIS PLAY VOD (expired already), it is currently on Netflix here while having the other episodes cut.

Adventure Time finale "Come Along with Me" VOD was also shown uncut, they also kept the Bubbline kiss.

While most other shows such as Gumball, Clarence, OK K.O.!, and more have all episodes in cut version on VOD.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Isn't Chhota Bheem the reason Indian kids channels barely bother airing shows from their US counterparts in favor of local shows?

Chhota Bheem was truly a watershed in its time, it was no Tenali Raman partly because it was more popular.

Argus9999

Is it just me, or does CN India really like Tom And Jerry all of a sudden? I noticed this since earlier this year. They even went as far as to replace Roll No. 21, one of their most popular shows with it.

Sent from my RCT6603W47M7 using Tapatalk

Vaughn Max

Is it just me, or does CN India really like Tom And Jerry all of a sudden? I noticed this since earlier this year. They even went as far as to replace Roll No. 21, one of their most popular shows with it.

I've noticed that and I don't have a problem with it. No more Indian shows and more CN shows is a good thing. If they replace Oggy with it (I highly doubt that will happen though), then CN India will have nearly nothing besides CN shows and that would also be a good thing but if they start replacing other CN shows like Ben 10 with it then it would be concerning

animegamer

Before it launched, they felt it wasn’t viable to invest in local animation. But after the huge success of Chhota Bheem, the broadcasters changed their strategy.

They have reduced Tom and Jerry now. Nearly 11 hours of Oggy every day

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

animegamer

Oggy weekends on CN India. 13 hours nonstop on Friday.

Also Mao Mao premieres on CN HD+, weekends at 6:30pm.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

8TuTQo1.jpg

;)

Checkerboard

Yeah. These are official, by the way. Posting them just so you know they do in fact exist and are made - even for a small market like CZ. Question is if they'll be ever used... on-air or at least online.

Reactions: CNC

ChickyBro

taiga is great
Steven Universe The Movie is now released on iTunes and Google Play in Thailand with a Thai dub as shown on CN Asia.
bfdb72725dc39f1c4351a06a368019a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Markus Nelis

Cartoon Network Nordic March 2020 weekday schedule

Mao Mao joins the lineup from March 2.

TV schedule:
06:00 Teen Titans Go!
07:10 Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart
07:20 Teen Titans Go!
07:35 Unikitty
07:50 Victor and Valentino
08:00 Teen Titans Go!
09:05 The Amazing World of Gumball
10:15 Teen Titans Go!
10:40 Ninjago
11:35 Teen Titans Go!
12:55 Unikitty
14:05 Craig of the Creek
15:00 Teen Titans Go!
15:50 Unikitty
16:30 Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart
17:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
17:30 Teen Titans Go!
18:00 Victor and Valentino
18:15 Craig of the Creek
18:25 Teen Titans Go!
19:30 Victor and Valentino
19:45 Craig of the Creek
20:00 Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart
20:15 Unikitty
20:30 Teen Titans Go!
21:15 Victor and Valentino
21:35 Craig of the Creek
22:25 Adventure Time
22:45 We Bare Bears
23:10 The Powerpuff Girls
23:35 Regular Show
00:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
04:30 Ninjago
05:30 Ben 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts