Cartoon Network International Thread 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It also aired on Lietuvos televizija and Ictimai TV, but never on RTP. We only got it in English on CN.

RTP did get Hero: 108, though.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
List of Cartoon Network Originals that took more than a year to premiere in the Netherlands and Flanders:
-Dexter's Laboratory (USA: April 28th, 1996 - NL: July 1997, launch of CN NL)
-Samurai Jack (USA: August 10th, 2001 - NL/EMEA: September 2nd, 2002)
-Grim and Evil (USA: August 24st, 2001 - NL/EMEA: October 2002 (previews), November 4th, 2002 (premiere))
-Out of Jimmy's Head (USA: September 14th, 2007 - NL/EMEA: October 13th, 2008)
-Ben 10: Alien Force (USA: April 18th, 2008 - NL/EMEA: October 21st, 2009)
-Sym-Bionic Titan (USA: September 17th, 2010 - NL: October 22nd, 2011)
-Regular Show (USA: September 6th, 2010 - NL: November 29th, 2011)

By the time Ben 10: Alien Force and Regular Show premiered, the United States was already airing season 3!!
Regular Show was one of those 2010/2011 cartoons I expected not to air here at all.

One year and a half is the absolute maximum. If a CN Original hasn't premiered after that, then it won't air at all.

The reason why we had to wait to Regular Show was mainly due to production of the UK censored version in the foreign countries. But yeah, nowadays the show wouldn't be shown by CN at all.
But during 2 years CN PL aired 4 seasons. Not to mention the fact that we had to wait for the RS specials.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The reason why we had to wait to Regular Show was mainly due to production of the UK censored version in the foreign countries. But yeah, nowadays the show wouldn't be shown by CN at all.
But during 2 years CN PL aired 4 seasons. Not to mention the fact that we had to wait for the RS specials.
Censoring the first season doesn't take that long. It's not like the British team had to censor every second. I think 2010-2011 had several cartoons that Turner Europe only wanted to air depending on their popularity in the USA: Regular Show, Robotomy, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and The Problem Solverz. Airing these "raunchy" cartoons is a risk you only want to take if the cartoon is popular.

In 2011, Regular Show had become popular, so we only got that one.

For CN UK specifically, we could add Sym-Bionic Titan to the list :(

You're fired!
Censoring the first season doesn't take that long. It's not like the British team had to censor every second. I think 2010-2011 had several cartoons that Turner Europe only wanted to air depending on their popularity in the USA: Regular Show, Robotomy, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and The Problem Solverz. Airing these "raunchy" cartoons is a risk you only want to take if the cartoon is popular.

In 2011, Regular Show had become popular, so we only got that one.

For CN UK specifically, we could add Sym-Bionic Titan to the list :(

Well, CN UK premiered Regular Show on 2nd March 2011 (it's about 6 months after its US premiere) so the producers had some time to make edits for the show, or all the foreign countries had to dub the show in the uncensored version and the edits were done only while synchronizing with their UK prints.

SpongeBobFan2004

Well, CN UK premiered Regular Show on 2nd March 2011 (it's about 6 months after its US premiere) so the producers had some time to make edits for the show, or all the foreign countries had to dub the show in the uncensored version and the edits were done only while synchronizing with their UK prints.

This was the current form of censorship for WarnerMedia Europe's channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Here in Portugal (and by extension everywhere else that had CN Africa) it premiered in January 2012. A little too late. And I was shocked to see that it was the censored EMEA version.

CN Portugal got it in April 2014 IIRC. It wasn't on the list of dubbing priorities at first so when we switched to CN PT, we all lamented the loss of the show.

You're fired!
Well, most episodes of RS (even though taken from the redubbed versions) on CN Poland were shown uncut and uncensored from 2011 to 2014. After 16:9 HD remastering, German team decided to censor more episodes by cutting some inappropiate words or scenes. What is more, "Over the Top" was banned after 2014 (CN PL used to air this episode with "US" transcript used for the Polish dubbing production, where Muscle Man said "MCHooligan, Round Two").

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Cartoon Network Poland in February:

-Still new episodes of Darwin's Yearbook on Saturdays at 08:30
-New episodes of Total Dramarama starting 03/02, weekdays at 15:15
-New episdoes of Unikitty starting 17/02, weekdays at 14:45
-NEW SHOW: Power Players starting 24/02, weekdays at 17:30

You're fired!
Cartoon Network Poland in February:

-Still new episodes of Darwin's Yearbook on Saturdays at 08:30
-New episodes of Total Dramarama starting 03/02, weekdays at 15:15
-New episdoes of Unikitty starting 17/02, weekdays at 14:45
-NEW SHOW: Power Players starting 24/02, weekdays at 17:30

And Clarence returns as a part of the afternoon block at 12:00CET. DC Super Hero Girls is gone (replaced by Unikitty), also The Tom and Jerry Show and Bakugan Battle Planet will be back.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Well, most episodes of RS (even though taken from the redubbed versions) on CN Poland were shown uncut and uncensored from 2011 to 2014. After 16:9 HD remastering, German team decided to censor more episodes by cutting some inappropiate words or scenes. What is more, "Over the Top" was banned after 2014 (CN PL used to air this episode with "US" transcript used for the Polish dubbing production, where Muscle Man said "MCHooligan, Round Two").
I wonder why they had to remove the word "hooligan" from the EMEA version. Probably because in parts of Europe the word has a terrible connotation.

In 2016, I accidentally stumbled upon a Russian fan lector of an episode of Thug Notes, and "thug" was translated as "hooligan". And then, the word "hooligan" was censored, both on the title and on the VO saying it, as if it were a swear there.

BTW to reverse this Yahoo's kids site used to be known as Yahooligans, so you get the point

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CEE endboard
HD0uH5h.jpg

Long Live The Royals added to HBO GO Kids in Czechia
YOuGZfy.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
LLTR didn't even air on CN PT. Maybe it's because I haven't watched the channel in an eternity.

Come to think of it, I stopped paying attention to CN regularly in 2014/2015.

_Utopia_

Power Players premieres on CN UK this February. No exact date or timeslot given but I assume they’ll just shove it into the DCSHG/Bakugan 7am weekend timeslot :/
ee893c0ff89a4801e8c0c94ad4b2ba43.jpg

RegularCapital

Staff member
Power Players premieres on CN UK this February. No exact date or timeslot given but I assume they’ll just shove it into the DCSHG/Bakugan 7am weekend timeslot :/
ee893c0ff89a4801e8c0c94ad4b2ba43.jpg

The promo in question:

I'm awaiting February highlights from CN UK or TV listings from DigiGuide, whichever comes first. I found out about Power Players coming to CN UK on an article from Toyworld.co.uk yesterday, Flair (the UK name for Giochi Preziosi) will be the toy distributor for Power Players in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts