Cartoon Network International Thread 7.0

Latest News & Videos

Vuxovich

Jul 9, 2019
Čonoplja near Sombor
According to a post by Christy Hui, Xiaolin Chronicles premiered internationally in the United Kingdom, Japan, Turkey and the rest of Asia in March 2014. Latin America and the Nordic countries got the show in May, while the Netherlands, Russia, Poland and the rest of Central and Eastern Europe did the same in June. Am I right?

OF992

Mar 8, 2017
Ireland
I personally think that Cartoon Network HQ’s GMT timeshift should've had Portuguese audio (or at least subtitles) when it aired in Portugal.

May 31, 2017
Oh wow, i don't remember the last time i posted something here, i guess over 6 months ago, or even a year ago.

However, not sure if i'm late or not, but caught this at Cartoon Network Phillipines:

Couldn't record it, though.

Which means this is the first feed to premiere V&V besides CN US and LA (?)

Vuxovich

Jul 9, 2019
Čonoplja near Sombor
As far as I know, Xiaolin Chronicles was relegated to the late-night timeslot shortly after its first run in Eastern Europe, probably because the show was too dark for children's television. How about that?
Remember why Dragon Ball Z was initially canceled in Hungary years ago? It was because RTL Klub opted to do so because they refused to move such a violent show to the post-midnight timeslot.

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
As far as I know, Xiaolin Chronicles was relegated to the late-night timeslot shortly after its first run in Eastern Europe, probably because the show was too dark for children's television. How about that?
Remember why Dragon Ball Z was initially canceled in Hungary years ago? It was because RTL Klub opted to do so because they refused to move such a violent show to the post-midnight timeslot.
You only consider one region. Here there weren't many controversies with it at all.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Because it's a European cartoon (French animation), and the night schedule is dumping ground for European cartoons to fulfill European regulations. Look at the current night schedule: nothing but European cartoons.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
May 25, 2010
Cartoon Headquarters
Today's CEE continuity... with triple localization...

And new CN CEE CZ video with summer idents...

EDIT: So GumballVIP on CEE has lowerthirds Dimensional banner with the two characters every time pop up when you should use the app.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017
I just noticed that Cartoon Network Canada is airing brand new promos, with a new announcer also.

Also, they're airing Victor and Valentino and Mao Mao, does anyone know since when?

Reactions: Checkerboard