Cartoon Network International Thread 7.0

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Over here "Pingu" aired on TVP1 (random airings on weekdays mornings in early 1997), MiniMini (in years 2005-2009) and JimJam/Polsat JimJam (since June 2008).

Here's funny trivia: For some reason "Pingu in the City" since late 2018 is distributed in Iberia, Latin America (excl. Brasil) and CEE by Sony Music Entertainment Espana: Pingu in the City waddles into new territories and yes you've read it right - a Sony company acquired rights to a show from a Sony company :) Apparently, there is still a limited synergy in Sony-owned companies (even within the same sectors).

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Because of a fire at the Sky uplink centre in Rome, many Sky Italia channels are off since around 12:30 CET today, and that includes Cartoon Network HD (not SD), which shows blue screen on the EPG

Reactions: CosmoMattia75Vista

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Cartoon Network NL in July
-New episodes of Craig of the Creek (S1.2) starting July 8th at 09:05
-New episodes of Ben 10 starting July 15th at 20:15
-"Teen Titans Go! Summer Dancefest" starting July 1st from 07:55 till 09:05

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
Um, Muslims don't hate pigs to that extent. They're just not allowed to consume nor touch them. Indonesians won't flip their crap over seeing a couple pig characters in a kids cartoon.

Unless they're gay.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Speaking of gay, I think CN PL won't air the last 15 episodes of Steven Universe, since the show is gone from the schedule.

Have these episodes aired ANYWHERE in Europe already? What about the UK?

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
Um, Muslims don't hate pigs to that extent. They're just not allowed to consume nor touch them. Indonesians won't flip their crap over seeing a couple pig characters in a kids cartoon.

Unless they're gay.
Thanks for the clarification, I too was a little confused when Deepto TV kept a pig at the end of the PPG 1998 episode Impeach Fuzz.

Speaking of Deepto TV, they no longer air CN shows, however Nagorik has been airing old DC Comics ones.

Reactions: Radical Buster

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
Speaking of gay, I think CN PL won't air the last 15 episodes of Steven Universe, since the show is gone from the schedule.
From the looks of things, neither will CN SEA. The show too is gone from the schedule.
Have these episodes aired ANYWHERE in Europe already? What about the UK?
The Heart of the Crystal Gems arc aired in December on CN UK. IDK about Diamond Days + Change Your Mind.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Looks like Poland is getting a lot more backward on LGBT policies. They even banned the Loud House episode Overnight Success.
The last 15 episodes involve a
gay wedding
and a
person who is against transgenders being portrayed as a villain.

If we look at the public opinion regarding spoiler 1 in some of the countries managed by the German team:
Netherlands 86%
Belgium 82%
Germany 75%
Switzerland 75%
Austria 74%
Czech Republic 47%
Slovakia 47%
Poland 41%
Hungary 27%
Romania 27%
Bulgaria 18%
Ukraine 9%
Russia 5%
Moldova 5%

(Reference: United States 68%)
from Wikipedia

I think it's safe to say that Steven Universe is over on CN PL, CN CEE and CN RSEE.

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
The public opinion on LGBT in SEA varies from country to country, but opposition to it in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore is still very strong. The actual percentages of those in favor vary depending on the survey, but they're still very low. I really hope this doesn't spell the end of SU on CN SEA. At the very least, they could air the entire HotCG arc in an overnight slot or something.