Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
It looks like CN CEE established it's Check 4.0 look... in a way, and that is by now through online stuff.

So we now can also be very sure that the Check 4.0 rebrand is near. :D

Also, CN Romania leaked on Youtube a spoiler of the new We Bare Bears episodes, when they should have started today...

sunsetlover

This gOrl doesn't stop
It looks like CN CEE established it's Check 4.0 look... in a way, and that is by now through online stuff.

So we now can also be very sure that the Check 4.0 rebrand is near. :D

Also, CN Romania leaked on Youtube a spoiler of the new We Bare Bears episodes, when they should have started today...

Same on CN RSEE. The rebrand is definetly near!

Francisque

I'm not sure the rebrand is that near anymore, considering the US is getting a new tweak this Summer, and it'd be somehow bizarre to rebrand with the "older" graphics.. sorry to disappoint you

I think it's possible that until a proper rebrand (maybe this Autumn) which will prob. be what the US is getting this Summer, the CEE operations will just be using bits of 4.0 mixed with the current look on promos and some online promotions, as can be seen by the omnipresent 3.0 endboard, even in the upcoming promo for Epic Heroes of Adventure Time

I could be superwrong too, of course

These schedules are made more than 2 months in advance. It shouldn't be a surprise things like this happen. It is not a big deal.
The American Cartoon Network is constantly postponing their new episodes, despite the fact that they only reveal their schedule 2 weeks in advance. This is not a sign of unprofessionalism, it's rather a sign of adaptation.
Of all flaws the German team has, this is pretty much the least alarming, so please stop swearing and screaming like a dictator.

Dutch TV guides don't show the episode titles of CN shows, except Proximus TV and Veronica Magazine, but Proximus's schedules are only 1 week in advance, and Veronica shows only 3 days. It is impossible for anyone without the monthly schedules from London to know about this.

They were going to air an entire month of new episodes. That was a bad idea, so they've fixed it.
Yeah, that's something to consider, as well

One cannot trust completely schedules made 2 months and more in advance.. a lot can change

Maybe the fault is not just up to the German team, which BTW at the end of the day, in actual terms, is not bad, and appears to be learning its initial "mistakes"

Again, it's not as bad as CN Italy, which is just more messed up..

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I'm not sure the rebrand is that near anymore, considering the US is getting a new tweak this Summer, and it'd be somehow bizarre to rebrand with the "older" graphics.. sorry to disappoint you
We got the City era on April 21st 2006. CN US ditched the City era on April 9th 2006.

I know what you're going to say: ''But Connor, Turner is now trying to unite all international Cartoon Networks!''
But you should know by now that they were lying when they said that. It was just generic text to fill space and look professional :eek: Do they even remember they've ever said that?

So please, just let us believe Check It 1.0/3.0 is almost over! xD

Francisque

Well, you're kinda right .D (although what came after the City era in the US had some vestiges of the City era anyway)

But.. Turner is now trying to unite all international Cartoon Networks! :D

OK, at least in theory, since apparently Turner hasn't been learning as much as I initially thought.. let's see how things evolve this Summer :p

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
They're definitely more united now than they have been in years. I would say it's comparable to the mid and late 90s. At least they're trying. But of course, there's always some delay between the US and other feeds and CN isn't as good in uniting their feeds as let's say Viacom, HBO, FOX, AMC or Disney.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Plus Europe never had some looks, usually having their own ones instead. We never had the Powerhouse era but we had a similar one followed by that good one with the squares.

sunsetlover

This gOrl doesn't stop
Off-topic: A SU new-episodes promo popped up on CN PT's Youtube channel.
I just want to ask has that promo aired on CN PT or that's the first time it airs?
And when do the new episodes start in Portugal? (I know they'll air them later than in Spain)
sorry for asking,I'm just interested

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Yesterday CN NL was airing the Marathon Mix DOG outside Marathon Mix, and even during the commercial breaks.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Guys,the CN logo of CN RSEE is not transparent anymore!
Seriously? A solid bug? Like CN PT? Why?

Also, off-the-shelf library music. I recall hearing this on a promo and the bumpers for Mickey e Amigos, the last block on DC PT that I recall having the old Disney theatrical shorts.

sunsetlover

This gOrl doesn't stop
Seriously? A solid bug? Like CN PT? Why?

Also, off-the-shelf library music. I recall hearing this on a promo and the bumpers for Mickey e Amigos, the last block on DC PT that I recall having the old Disney theatrical shorts.
Idk,it seems it's either just for that promo,either just for the Russian feed-the logo is transparent again,now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts