Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
With the EU-PT Clarence theme song now there, I've noticed that CN PT has also adopted the Christmas bug. I didn't notice that.

Francisque

Well, the channel is going to lose some viewers. I'm pretty sure that they get it in English. PlusPlus has aired some CN shows in Ukrainian, some dubbed, others lectored.
Ehm.. don't forget Ukrainians are bilingual, esp. in Eastern Ukraine (actually there many only speak Russian, particularly in the cities) :)
Belarussians, even more

They get CN RSEE in Russian (as said in the article), so that's a huge loss..

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Ehm.. don't forget Ukrainians are bilingual, esp. in Western Ukraine :) (Belarussians even more)

They get CN RSEE in Russian (as said in the article), so that's a huge loss..
My mistake, sorry! Yet I was pretty sure that Belarus could get CN RSEE in Russian.

Francisque

Belarus is a "small" Russia, nowadays; more than Ukraine.. Belarussian has to be the most ignored (originally) national language in EU, even inside of Belarus :D

They recently even decided to keep the same timezone as Moscow, after Russia got back to UTC+3, after that huge "DST all year round" flop (which however still lives in Belarus; hence the late sunrises and sunsets)

Ukraine is more in the middle; they do not get exactly the same channel offer as Russia.. I find this choice rather disappointing, TBH.. Ukraine has a big population..

But maybe, that's only a temporary issue with Turner they have; after all, even CNN is being switched off

Slightly off: Here's another unrealistic fake Bulgarian video by yours truly. :D
Great!

Francisque

I remember quite well that theme song (talking about DL).. that was so horrible and cheesy; from the high pitched voices to the childish text

Damn Mediaset and its habit of changing theme songs of almost every single toon (in addition to cutting credits in the middle of the run!), from animes to American toons

But since many Italians did grow up with that, they feel a special (biased) affection to this; not me though, with exceptions
I always felt Cristina d'Avena is overrated, as a singer for theme songs

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
At least we in Portugal never had a huge swathe of cheesy theme songs that looked like they were made by Cristina D'Avena.

CosmoMattia75Vista

CosMattia
I remember quite well that theme song (talking about DL).. that was so horrible and cheesy; from the high pitched voices to the childish text

Damn Mediaset and its habit of changing theme songs of almost every single toon (in addition to cutting credits in the middle of the run!), from animes to American toons

But since many Italians did grow up with that, they feel a special (biased) affection to this; not me though, with exceptions
I always felt Cristina d'Avena is overrated, as a singer for theme songs

I like Cristina d'Avena, many intros I appreciated, but, like you said, is that Mediaset has given this habit of seeing different acronyms from the original, and, I add, are also full of filler! xD
Thank goodness CN did not take this habit!

Simon Petrikov

in their first Dub , Dexter's Lab , The Powerpuff girls , Samurai Jack and some WB shows were dubbed by Venus studios

Their dubs sucked and yeah the theme songs were dubbed in a strange way , like the ben 10 one , It's like they used MIDI audio files

BTW at a certain time , Both Spacetoon & MBC3 aired Samurai Jack at the same time (the same episode)
so you had the choice between watching the full uncut episodes or the butchered ones (No need to say which version was better)

Yeahhhh good job toonzone keep censoring :) Back in my days the internet was a free media

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I've already said that CN PT's dubs aren't the best but Clarence's theme song has become the most addictive thing from them.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Dingo98: Yet I don't like the SU dub, especially because some male leads are voiced by women whose female scent is still noticeable in the voice.

But the Clarence theme song, as I've said, is addicting. I got around to listen to it on a loop when it premiered and when I've captured it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts