Cartoon Network International News Thread

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Oh no, Japan is making a new series of Bakugan...

The previous series have been aired on 5 channels here: CN, Nick, NickToons, Disney XD and VT4 / VIER.
In the Netherlands it was also on TMF. (instead of VT4)

I really hope CN will ignore this new series. I don't want to see it spammed on five channels. That's just too much.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
It's worse than the other toyetic shows. I mean, Digimon is okay. It isn't great, but it isn't awful either. The show isn't just about collecting and fighting with Digimons. I have heard the non-toyetic episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh are also very good. The introduction of the card game ruined it. And even Medabots and Pokémon are less bad than Bakugan and Redakai.

Well, at least they didn't buy Beyblade, Duel Masters or B-Daman.
Beyblade is worse than all toyetic shows combined. Those characters are so weak. I mean, how hard can it be to release a toll? They are groaning like it's the toughest thing they've ever done.

Last edited:

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Cartoon Network Poland's continuites from early December 2009:
(very strange in the first promo how the announcer said Boomerang is "new" family channel, despite the fact that the Boomerang PAN-Euro feed was at the time over 4 years old)

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Sep 6, 2013
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
Today, CN Poland aired "The Return" from Steven Universe after 2 months of break. It was scheduled in the December and January schedules but it was post-poned for dubbing problems reason (which wasn't in the Polish dub of this episode).

sasq

Oct 5, 2015
Italy
I just want to point out that ''girls'' and ''ridonculous'' are no Dutch words, so that's why those titles are kind of silly.

Anyway, ''de'' is pronounced like how people in Dublin and Geordie say ''the''. Very unstressed and zero aspiration. (in other words: lazy XD)
And NO, I do not like Geordie Shore and Dutch doesn't look like Geordie English :sweat:

Fun (or creepy?) fact: the german word for ''the'' is ''die''.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
How could I forget?

This is called BAKUGAN: BATTLE-ISH BATTLERS in Dutch. Like they couldn't find a worse title.
Battlers are battle-ish by definition, aren't they? :p

The translate-ish translators clearly didn't like Bakugan either.

Last edited:

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
Nov 16, 2015
Chile
www.youtube.com
It's worse than the other toyetic shows. I mean, Digimon is okay. It isn't great, but it isn't awful either. The show isn't just about collecting and fighting with Digimons. I have heard the non-toyetic episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh are also very good. The introduction of the card game ruined it. And even Medabots and Pokémon are less bad than Bakugan and Redakai.

Well, at least they didn't buy Beyblade, Duel Masters or B-Daman.
Beyblade is worse than all toyetic shows combined. Those characters are so weak. I mean, how hard can it be to release a toll? They are groaning like it's the toughest thing they've ever done.
About that, CN LA has aired Digimon and Bakugan:
Bakugan:
- CN LA (?-2011)
-DXD LA (2011-??)
Digimon:
- Fox Kids LA / Jetix LA/ DXD LA (200?-present)
- CN LA (2014-2015 - Fusion S1 only)

Daffyrocks

In search of the cursed Monkey Bird! Woo-hoo!
Jul 22, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
ro.toonsphere.com
...I thought Bakugan was gone for good.
Well, the last Bakugan series (Baku Tech! Bakugan and it's sequel, Baku Tech! Bakugan Gachi) wasn't related in no way to the initial Bakugan seasons and it featured totally different characters, so that's why CN probably didn't acquire it.

And I don't know if this new reboot will featrure the new Baku Tech characters or the initial original Battle Brawlers ones, so let's wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.