Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oh no, Japan is making a new series of Bakugan...

The previous series have been aired on 5 channels here: CN, Nick, NickToons, Disney XD and VT4 / VIER.
In the Netherlands it was also on TMF. (instead of VT4)

I really hope CN will ignore this new series. I don't want to see it spammed on five channels. That's just too much.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I did not know about that. I was ashamed of it being more popular than the other CN shows a few years back. It's a toyetic show, what to expect?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It's worse than the other toyetic shows. I mean, Digimon is okay. It isn't great, but it isn't awful either. The show isn't just about collecting and fighting with Digimons. I have heard the non-toyetic episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh are also very good. The introduction of the card game ruined it. And even Medabots and Pokémon are less bad than Bakugan and Redakai.

Well, at least they didn't buy Beyblade, Duel Masters or B-Daman.
Beyblade is worse than all toyetic shows combined. Those characters are so weak. I mean, how hard can it be to release a toll? They are groaning like it's the toughest thing they've ever done.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
You know what? I always resented the fact that they dubbed the third-party shows in the days of CN HQ's recovery (starting 2010) yet none of the originals were dubbed by local channels (save Ben 10 and Ben 10: Alien Force)!

Moleoman

Cartoon Network Poland's continuites from early December 2009:
(very strange in the first promo how the announcer said Boomerang is "new" family channel, despite the fact that the Boomerang PAN-Euro feed was at the time over 4 years old)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
CN PL still shared some elements of CN HQ not too long after attaining independence. Plus we never got that winter theme.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Today, CN Poland aired "The Return" from Steven Universe after 2 months of break. It was scheduled in the December and January schedules but it was post-poned for dubbing problems reason (which wasn't in the Polish dub of this episode).

sasq

I just want to point out that ''girls'' and ''ridonculous'' are no Dutch words, so that's why those titles are kind of silly.

Anyway, ''de'' is pronounced like how people in Dublin and Geordie say ''the''. Very unstressed and zero aspiration. (in other words: lazy XD)
And NO, I do not like Geordie Shore and Dutch doesn't look like Geordie English :sweat:

Fun (or creepy?) fact: the german word for ''the'' is ''die''.

szjdfgs

Seems that mysterious Steven Universe song CN Turkey revealed a while back is finally being put to use. CN Nordic is starting to air it dubbed.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
How could I forget?

This is called BAKUGAN: BATTLE-ISH BATTLERS in Dutch. Like they couldn't find a worse title.
Battlers are battle-ish by definition, aren't they? :p

The translate-ish translators clearly didn't like Bakugan either.

Last edited:

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
It's worse than the other toyetic shows. I mean, Digimon is okay. It isn't great, but it isn't awful either. The show isn't just about collecting and fighting with Digimons. I have heard the non-toyetic episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh are also very good. The introduction of the card game ruined it. And even Medabots and Pokémon are less bad than Bakugan and Redakai.

Well, at least they didn't buy Beyblade, Duel Masters or B-Daman.
Beyblade is worse than all toyetic shows combined. Those characters are so weak. I mean, how hard can it be to release a toll? They are groaning like it's the toughest thing they've ever done.
About that, CN LA has aired Digimon and Bakugan:
Bakugan:
- CN LA (?-2011)
-DXD LA (2011-??)
Digimon:
- Fox Kids LA / Jetix LA/ DXD LA (200?-present)
- CN LA (2014-2015 - Fusion S1 only)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I recall the Bakugan titles being untranslated here. Then came Redakai. Seriously, was it really that expensive to dub a CN show and air it on RTP 2?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Now that you brought this up I am really wondering if CN will really acquire this new Bakugan series. Hmm... :rolleyes:
I hope not.

And if they do, then I hope all new Bakugan brawlers will be gay or lesbian. That way the German team will have to censor every second of it.

Daffyrocks

I became a lawyer... apparently at least
...I thought Bakugan was gone for good.
Well, the last Bakugan series (Baku Tech! Bakugan and it's sequel, Baku Tech! Bakugan Gachi) wasn't related in no way to the initial Bakugan seasons and it featured totally different characters, so that's why CN probably didn't acquire it.

And I don't know if this new reboot will featrure the new Baku Tech characters or the initial original Battle Brawlers ones, so let's wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Updated my sub-text and the banner (adding "and Artist" written in the 20 Cents Marker font in blue) to emphasise that I'm not just a media fan, but also an artist, since I developed many profile banners. My next goal is to create banners for three moderators.

That Girl Lay Lay full first episode now on youtube nickelodeon
Ah yes! I will play Cars on Dreamcast, Cars 2 on Dreamcast and Cars 3 on Xbox!
What happen when Animax Asia about to play anime that is not for kids.....

Featured Posts