Cartoon Network International News Thread

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
The Swedish word for ''a break'' is en paus. (in Dutch: een pauze)
So either ''break'' is Swedish slang, or the translation of Regular Show's ''Break Time'' short was just awkward.

Unfortunately there was no other way to translate it. No doubt the Dutch version will also be like this, if we EVER get those shorts.

EDIT: On second thought, it doesn't sound that bad in Dutch.
''Hey, is het geen tijd voor een break ofzo? We zijn kapot!'' :D

szjdfgs

Dec 1, 2013
I guess we can start calling these shorts "minisodes" from now on. CN France says so.

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
Nov 16, 2015
Chile
www.youtube.com
I bet Chilevision was caring about its rating on TIME Ibope (a fraud). Its medition base is 600 adult people on Santiago...
Cubox and Tronia (the other kids blocks on Terrestrial TV on chile) have a rating of 0 points on its time, and sometimes they are Mundial Trending Topic on Twitter

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
I bet Chilevision was caring about its rating on TIME Ibope (a fraud). Its medition base is 600 adult people on Santiago...
Cubox and Tronia (the other kids blocks on Terrestrial TV on chile) have a rating of 0 points on its time, and sometimes they are Mundial Trending Topic on Twitter
It is also the first time they show kids shows in eight years. They really want to diversify their viewing audience and having a deal with their current owners seems to work.

szjdfgs

Dec 1, 2013
Sorry for double-posting but this took me by surprise, since this short is recent. CN PT's posted the "All's Well That Rats Swell" short from Adventure Time dubbed on their YT channel.
I'm guessing these shorts don't have any clear place in the timeline of Adventure Time, but this was the more recent short that came out on the video section of CN US' website. I'm surprised they've gotten this up to date. Or maybe I've been out of the loop?

BlooMac

Mar 2, 2009
Bulgaria
The EMEA feeds, but mostly the German ones, could definitely use these shorts as fillers for the breaks, instead of airing the same 5+ year old promos and random clips from episodes, which aren't helping much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.