Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It was a Greek version of Turkish fruit. The outer layer had a fibre-ish fibrous texture.

Can someone post this Romanian Facebook post? I can't find it.

josie

Thanks for the Christmas greetings.

CN RSEE's Johnny Test all day marathons both for NY Eve day and today on Christmas is insulting. Couldn't they at least pick a decent show for these days??? In general these Winter Marathons are a cheap way of not doing anything really special for holidays, both on CN and Boom.

At least CN aired Uncle Grandpa Christmas special today and yesterday.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Samurai Jack was dubbed by Sun Studio / SDI Media in Swedish and Dutch. Does anyone know how to contact them? (@Moleoman?) I want to ask them for a list of voice-actors.

I hope SDI will also dub the new season.

szjdfgs

That's right. It's the new Adult Swim season. And again: I am really really surprised for this! :D

OMG

But wait... This does raise a question.
The new season will air on Adult Swim's Toonami, whilst the dubbed version will air on Cartoon Network and those two have some differences on what they do and do not allow others to watch.

Does this mean the new season of Samurai Jack, when it airs in the US, might not be as gritty as I think everyone thinks it is? I wouldn't mind it, but it was just a thought that came into my head since Adult Swim is more keen on adult content and anime than its counterpart, and I thought Tartakovsky would've taken advantage of that fact.

BTW Today CN IT removed the Christmas graphics and the Christmas DOG, just as it happens with all the channels in general, since Epiphany (yesterday) marks the end of the Christmas holidays

I'm watched the CN IT and yes, removed the Christmas DOG, but not the Christmas bumpers, for precisations also trasmissed the long version. For casuality, i'm registered AXN in this moment and, switched to CN, i have recorded this sequence.

Daffyrocks

Science prevails!
OMG

The new season will air on Adult Swim's Toonami, whilst the dubbed version will air on Cartoon Network and those two have some differences on what they do and do not allow others to watch.

Does this mean the new season of Samurai Jack, when it airs in the US, might not be as gritty as I think everyone thinks it is? I wouldn't mind it, but it was just a thought that came into my head since Adult Swim is more keen on adult content and anime than its counterpart, and I thought Tartakovsky would've taken advantage of that fact.
I also talked about this some posts before. But anyways, does this probably mean that the new SJ season will instead premiere on CN US? Just saying.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Okay, I am very sure now it is Stan Limburg! :) At one moment in this video Metabee starts laughing and you can hear it's Dr. Scott from George of the Jungle.

Who would have thought Dr. Scott and Aku were voiced by the same guy? :sweat:
OMG

Was I the only one who wasn't excepting an extremely gritty version of Samurai Jack?
Guys, this new season is made by Grenndy Tartakovsky. Do you expect tons of blood and gore from this genius? I for one don't.

Furthermore, I think CN CEE/RSEE will barely censor Samurai Jack. They didn't censor Young Justice either.
http://www.vbox7.com/play:1ce660c1a3 (The Bulgarian Black Beetle is so cool! :D)
Go to 13:15. Black Beetle puts his sword into Ra's Al Ghul's heart, and they didn't censor it at all.
Okay, he will probably survive it, so it's not that bad, but it's still violence.

Violence and blood are no problem. Sex, homosexuality and jokes about Asians / Africans / Russians are the problem.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I also talked about this some posts before. But anyways, does this probably mean that the new SJ season will instead premiere on CN US? Just saying.
Probably not. CN US is done with action shows.
Adult Swim has aired ''mild'' action cartoons before. (Sym-Bionic Titan, first seasons of Samurai Jack, Beware the Batman)

szjdfgs

It would have to, but if it's like what Red Arrow said where CN US is still having problems respecting action shows in their lineup, then I guess the change was a good thing.

[as] in this case is helping Tartakovsky by giving him an option to air his content without confusing schedules.

Infact, I think unless the schedule in the US gets any better, the stay in Toonami is the better alternative.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
They could air it at 23:30 right before DBZ Kai.

Or maybe even at 20:00. It doesn't have to be part of Toonami. The teaser says ''Adult Swim'', not ''Toonami''.

BlooMac

They could air it at 23:30 right before DBZ Kai.

Or maybe even at 20:00. It doesn't have to be part of Toonami. The teaser says ''Adult Swim'', not ''Toonami''.
They'll air premiere episodes on Toonami, but can air reruns on Adult Swim proper at an earlier slot, similar to DBZ Kai.

BlooMac

Even though Adult Swim were the ones who brought back the show, they might have been in talks with international versions of CN to air it. Otherwise it could have been too expensive for them to only air it in the US. Plus, unlike the US, the international CNs still care about action, they just don't have much to air.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Even though Adult Swim were the ones who brought back the show, they might have been in talks with international versions of CN to air it. Otherwise it could have been too expensive for them to only air it in the US. Plus, unlike the US, the international CNs still care about action, they just don't have much to air.
Understandable after what happened with Robotomy, Problem Solvers and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.
None of them got more than 1 season because the international feeds weren't interested. (Thse shows have 2 seasons according to Wikipedia, but in fact it's just 1 season with a long hiatus. Normal seasons have more than eight 11-minute episodes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Disney Plus, HBO Max and CBS All Access are monster apps.
jmac5cicada wrote on mojokingbee1's profile.
where did you find the hanna barbera 50th anniversary special?
I wish a lot of newer cartoons got more attention
I decided not to change my username because I am fine with this one.
Hitting a major case of trouble scripting the latest issue of The Un-Iverse (F.I.S.H. #2 "The Society Of The Broken Egg"). It's not exactly writer's block because I know the story I want to tell. I'm just having a hard time telling it WELL. First time in a long time I've hit a snag like this.