Cartoon Network International News Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Ratings
1,104 42
Well, the channel is going to lose some viewers. I'm pretty sure that they get it in English. PlusPlus has aired some CN shows in Ukrainian, some dubbed, others lectored.
Ehm.. don't forget Ukrainians are bilingual, esp. in Eastern Ukraine (actually there many only speak Russian, particularly in the cities) :)
Belarussians, even more

They get CN RSEE in Russian (as said in the article), so that's a huge loss..

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Ratings
1,104 42
Belarus is a "small" Russia, nowadays; more than Ukraine.. Belarussian has to be the most ignored (originally) national language in EU, even inside of Belarus :D

They recently even decided to keep the same timezone as Moscow, after Russia got back to UTC+3, after that huge "DST all year round" flop (which however still lives in Belarus; hence the late sunrises and sunsets)

Ukraine is more in the middle; they do not get exactly the same channel offer as Russia.. I find this choice rather disappointing, TBH.. Ukraine has a big population..

But maybe, that's only a temporary issue with Turner they have; after all, even CNN is being switched off

Slightly off: Here's another unrealistic fake Bulgarian video by yours truly. :D
Great!

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,581 67 1
Belgium

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Ratings
1,104 42
I remember quite well that theme song (talking about DL).. that was so horrible and cheesy; from the high pitched voices to the childish text

Damn Mediaset and its habit of changing theme songs of almost every single toon (in addition to cutting credits in the middle of the run!), from animes to American toons

But since many Italians did grow up with that, they feel a special (biased) affection to this; not me though, with exceptions
I always felt Cristina d'Avena is overrated, as a singer for theme songs

Nov 29, 2015
Ratings
107 9
Torino
www.youtube.com
I remember quite well that theme song (talking about DL).. that was so horrible and cheesy; from the high pitched voices to the childish text

Damn Mediaset and its habit of changing theme songs of almost every single toon (in addition to cutting credits in the middle of the run!), from animes to American toons

But since many Italians did grow up with that, they feel a special (biased) affection to this; not me though, with exceptions
I always felt Cristina d'Avena is overrated, as a singer for theme songs
I like Cristina d'Avena, many intros I appreciated, but, like you said, is that Mediaset has given this habit of seeing different acronyms from the original, and, I add, are also full of filler! xD
Thank goodness CN did not take this habit!

Simon Petrikov

Jun 24, 2014
Ratings
181 2 1
Algeirs , Algeria
www.ntsfr.tk
in their first Dub , Dexter's Lab , The Powerpuff girls , Samurai Jack and some WB shows were dubbed by Venus studios

Their dubs sucked and yeah the theme songs were dubbed in a strange way , like the ben 10 one , It's like they used MIDI audio files

BTW at a certain time , Both Spacetoon & MBC3 aired Samurai Jack at the same time (the same episode)
so you had the choice between watching the full uncut episodes or the butchered ones (No need to say which version was better)

Yeahhhh good job toonzone keep censoring :) Back in my days the internet was a free media

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?