Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
What's the problem with these 4 Gumball episodes anyway? Are they also postponed on CN Poland?

Nope, CN Poland normally airs new episodes of The Amazing World of Gumball. Yesterday they aired The Gift, today - The Apprentice.

So it seems, that all CN's in Europe will get a new Total Drama Show.

Sonic Boom will debut in December on Teletoon+.

GMIKI96

I quit
Cartoon Toon Toon (or Картун Тун Тун) has new bumpers, featuring actual 4.0 elements!
Nice! I suppose the English logo variant of the idents will come to CEE soon. But the bigger question is: Why is this logo in Russian, and what's with all the Russian stuff?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Nice! I suppose the English logo variant of the idents will come to CEE soon. But the bigger question is: Why is this logo in Russian, and what's with all the Russian stuff?
Well, it's also in Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbian/Montenegrin and Ukrainian, so I don't see the problem...

dclover

coz channel becomes more Russian every time

but this time cyrillic letters works for three countries - Russia, Bulgaria and Serbia - but I wonder is there English voiceover for this, I'll check tomorrow

Well, it's also in Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbian/Montenegrin and Ukrainian, so I don't see the problem...

don't forget Macedonia and Belarus :D

and we here in Adriatic (ex-Yu) aren't lucky at all, have channels like DC which becomes South-African and CN - Russian by every time, only is Nick neutral

Last edited:

BlooMac

I assume Russia forbids foreign text now, so they either have to go textless or with Russian text.
Well, it could be a problem for the countries that use Latin letters. They're probably wondering what's this TYH TYH. :D Then again, the feed is focused mainly for Russia and Bulgaria, so I guess they don't care for the other countries that much.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I thought Belarus didn't have Cartoon Network...
Well, it could be a problem for the countries that use Latin letters. They're probably wondering what's this TYH TYH. :D Then again, the feed is focused mainly for Russia and Bulgaria, so I guess they don't care for the other countries that much.
It's just Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Estonia. (as most Latvians and Lithuanians can speak Russian)
And 3 of those should get the Adria feed in the future.

GMIKI96

I quit
I assume Russia forbids foreign text now, so they either have to go textless or with Russian text.
I doubt that, as Viasat documentary channels have English text, though there could be a law for kids channels only... One more reason for the separate Balkans feed... If Roskomnadzor wasn't a big enough reason :D

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
CN NL won't have anything special for Protestant/Catholic Christmas... :/

While CN PL will have specials for Christmas, like The Looney Tunes Show Marathon at Friday, the 25th December from 7:00CET, The Uncle Grandpa Christmas Special, Regular Show The Christmas Special at 26th December at 20:20CET, and etc...

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
While CN PL will have specials for Christmas, like The Looney Tunes Show Marathon at Friday, the 25th December from 7:00CET, The Uncle Grandpa Christmas Special, Regular Show The Christmas Special at 26th December at 20:20CET, and etc...
Is that Uncle Grandpa episode new? It isn't scheduled as a new episode...

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
CN NL will premiere the Uncle Grandpa Christmas Special on December 24 at 06:50, and it isn't scheduled as a new episode...

Francisque

Cartoon Toon Toon (or Картун Тун Тун) has new bumpers, featuring actual 4.0 elements!
Very interesting! So a rebrand should be very close now :)

Maybe for the WBB premiere.. I expected such a thing, since they could have not kept Toon Toon in that state

I like this ident a lot

dclover

I thought Belarus didn't have Cartoon Network...
idk, but cyrillic works for them too :D
Anything for December 25, when Bulgaria celebrates Christmas?
well, that's the way when you share something with big nation like Russia is, you get Russia-centric channel

it's a little bit awkward when you watch "christmas" promos and shows at 7th January when all holiday atmosphere is gone

so, except Bulgaria, there are also catholic Croatia and Slovenia, and mostly protestant Baltic countries

Francisque

I think the same; they don't care that much for ex-Yugo territories, infact I think the audio on promos is set in Russian, there .. I'm not sure there's really a regulation that forbids Russian text; maybe it's just a "stylistic" choice..

I assume Toon Toon has changed in CEE, as well?

Francisque

idk, but cyrillic works for them too :D

well, that's the way when you share something with big nation like Russia is, you get Russia-centric channel

it's a little bit awkward when you watch "christmas" promos and shows at 7th January when all holiday atmosphere is gone

so, except Bulgaria, there are also catholic Croatia and Slovenia, and mostly protestant Baltic countries
But again, they don't care that much about ex-Yugo territories and Russian-speaking territories that are not Russia

Esp. the first ones, since they are not "catered"

GMIKI96

I quit
I think the same; they don't care that much for ex-Yugo territories, infact I think the audio on promos is set in Russian, there .. I'm not sure there's really a regulation that forbids Russian text; maybe it's just a "stylistic" choice..

I assume Toon Toon has changed in CEE, as well?
First, ex-Yugo countries receive RSEE in English, with an English announcer, who's also on Boomerang CEE.
(EDIT: I could be wrong, please correct me then :D)

Secondly, no, TOON TOON on CEE hasn't changed, I guess you didn't see my post, where I was surprised :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts